Appropriate Content

Rach

Banned
I seem to recall a ZB rule saying that we couldn't be using this forum on a for-profit basis. However, I can't seem to find that rule... in any case my question is regarding whether or not it is appropriate to discuss stocks and investments on the forum. In Balder, Durk started a thread on investments but I was curious if this is ZB appropriate and if I could do something similar in Europeia.

I believe that is fine, but I'm concurring with the other admins to make sure. We'll give you an "official" answer soon.

I'd imagine that "for-profit" covers a forum that makes a profit - i.e. The owner makes profit not people's individual investments made in a speculator manner. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to post about betting :p

While if HEM was charges new Citizens $1 an account and $2 for a name change - that would be a forum that is "for profit"

That's my non-Admin interpretation anyway

Vinage Vinage said:
I'd imagine that "for-profit" covers a forum that makes a profit - i.e. The owner makes profit not people's individual investments made in a speculator manner. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to post about betting :p

While if HEM was charges new Citizens $1 an account and $2 for a name change - that would be a forum that is "for profit"

That's my non-Admin interpretation anyway
That is my reading as well. There is a specific rule about not selling the forum or charging for access. You can proceed along those lines unless we tell you otherwise.

HEM should start charging for every euro meme typed

*goes to Georgetown and smashes rocks*

There's a whole category of zetaboards forums dedicated to Investing, Real Estate, etc.

http://www.zetaboards.com/directory/?p=category&v=2

Talking about shares is not illegal. If you were to post online defamation against a company, or conduct insider trading - that is something that could be illegal in your jurisdiction, and posting it on this forum could be used as proof of your engagement in illegal activity if your RL identity could be verified. Of course, it's highly unlikely to be noticed, but not impossible.

There's no rule against making "profit" from Zetaboards forums, only against advertising that invalidates or hinders the ability of Zetaboards to gain revenues from the google adsense advertising on the Board, when you haven't paid to remove it - which we haven't.

Back