Agenda for this term.

Well it's a new term and with that a new agenda from the director aka me. In this post I will lay out my plans for this term hoping to make EBC better. Here it goes!

-Keep Letters to the Editor Alive. Hopefully Elias' post helps that.

-Recruit new members to write Review's and other pieces.

-Every Sunday, try to show off new webcomics.

-Get some newspaper games, a la, crossword puzzles and the like.

-Try and do a weekly quiz. Don't know on what but I'll figure it out.

-Any other thoughts?

Well it's a new term and with that a new agenda from the director aka me. In this post I will lay out my plans for this term hoping to make EBC better. Here it goes!

-Keep Letters to the Editor Alive. Hopefully Elias' post helps that.

-Recruit new members to write Review's and other pieces.

-Every Sunday, try to show off new webcomics.

-Get some newspaper games, a la, crossword puzzles and the like.

-Try and do a weekly quiz. Don't know on what but I'll figure it out.

-Any other thoughts?
Really good ideas! :D

The problem with putting webcomics on every Sunday is that webcomics that are hosted on their own sites have their own schedules. My favorite is Gunnerkrigg Court, which publishes Mon-Wed-Fri. I think what we should do if we want to syndicate comics is to publish whenever they do and host in a thread. Maybe we can put a couple others there like Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, whatever.

As for originals, that's pretty hard to do...I think Henry tried an originally once a week webcomic here, but that didn't go too well. And there was a political cartoon tried in Hampshire that was pretty popular but died. We could encourage it though. There are free websites that allow you to create webcomics, which are listed here: http://mashable.com/2010/10/24/create-your-own-comics/. We shouldn't enforce a schedule if we want to do originals.

If we do one or both, I think the thread should be called the Funny Pages.

As for hires, it seems like we can do the following so far:

-Me/Whoever Watches a Movie at that Time: EBC Cinema Lounge (I'll probably do Titanic II or Avatar this week, and may get to do Won't Back Down on the 28th)

-You: EBC TV Lounge

-Elias: EBC WIRE (I think we're set for news on that front)

Here are people I'd like to get:

-Me/Hakurei Reimu (I'll be doing BioShock/BioShock 2 this week and other game reviews later, and he seems to have a wide taste in gaming)

-Op-Eds: Skizzy (WE NEED HIM! If we can get A Taste of Skizz back that would be great :p)

Other than that, let's see what we can or want to do...

Whatever we do, however, we need to create a new thread listing all of our programs that allows people to PM you to subscribe to alerts!

First off, should I send Elias the password to post in here seeing as he is a member of the EBC now?

I like the name Funny Pages for the comic section. I'm not sure but I'm sure some comic strips from newspapers have websites so that's easy to do.

I'll PM Skizzy to see if he wants to still write. I'll also PM Lethen because I think he was interested.

And I'll look into creating that thread thing for alerts.

First off, should I send Elias the password to post in here seeing as he is a member of the EBC now?

I like the name Funny Pages for the comic section. I'm not sure but I'm sure some comic strips from newspapers have websites so that's easy to do.

I'll PM Skizzy to see if he wants to still write. I'll also PM Lethen because I think he was interested.

1.) Yes, you should.

2.) Alright, great! Here's what I think we should have:

-Gunnerkrigg Court
-Dilbert
-Calvin and Hobbes
-One Political Cartoon

Only the EBC Director or an authorized deputy should be able to post in the Funny Pages thread, so that there is an unbroken chain of comics.

And people can PM you asking to have a comic they like posted there.

3.) Also PM Hakurei Meru (sp?) to ask if he might want to write game reviews.

4.) Unpin the old one before you make a new one.

1.) Yes, you should.

-Gunnerkrigg Court
-Dilbert
-Calvin and Hobbes
-One Political Cartoon

Only the EBC Director or an authorized deputy should be able to post in the Funny Pages thread, so that there is an unbroken chain of comics.

1) Done

2) Alright, I can do that.

3) I don't think I can. He needs to apply for citizenship first.

4) So, unpin the index thread and make a new one? Alright.

1.) Yes, you should.

-Gunnerkrigg Court
-Dilbert
-Calvin and Hobbes
-One Political Cartoon

1) Done

2) Alright, I can do that.

3) I don't think I can. He needs to apply for citizenship first.

4) So, unpin the index thread and make a new one? Alright.
Great.

I'd like the Funny Pages with my morning Coca-Cola ON MY DESK TOMORROW! :evil: :p

OK. Maybe Shadow could do that if Hakurei can't?

And good. :)

Oh, and this is a great place to get trivia from: http://www.funtrivia.com

I think I will be doing the crossword puzzle using screenshots from the NY Times Crosswords iPad app.

EDIT: That app is a ripoff. I'll do it from another one. :p

Back