Administrator Appointment

HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
I would like to announce that I have decided to hire Malashaan as an administrator for these forums. I want to thank everyone who stepped forward to serve.

This was a weighty decision that involved the entire administrative team and a few outside consultants. Malashaan will begin training as an administrator immediately.

Going forward, each administrator will also have a portfolio that emphasizes their focus on the team. My hope is that this clarifies each of our roles. Here is the current list:

Administrator for Technical Requests: Malashaan
Administrator for Board Security: North East Somerset
Deputy Chief Administrator for Masking, Citizenship and Archival Management: Lethen
Chief Administrator: HEM
Temporary Emeritus Administrator on Special Project: R3n

It should be made clear that any complaints about administrative related issues should be relayed to myself, as Chief Administrator. Airing your grievances in public will not solve any problems, and this team is firmly outside the political process. That being said, we will do our best not to interfere in any aspect of the political realm.

I know many people have expressed concerns about r3n's absence from the team. He was an unbelievable asset and will surely be missed. He retains administrative access in the interim to allow him to clean up some special projects. It is possible that access-limited administrators, or outside consultants, may be hired to deal with technical stuff that comes up. To those who have already volunteered, you have my thanks.

Finally, but perhaps most importantly, I would like to emphasis a new policy that will be very important going forward in regards to admin tasks.

(1) Please make each task a separate post if they are unrelated requests.
(2) Do not post any non-task requests in the admin task thread. Sometimes you might want to say "thank you". We appreciate that. But for record keeping reasons, I'm asking you not to. We know you are thankful :)

Keeping the admin task thread clean will be very important going forward. I am asking for all your help in this.

Remember that all admin policies put in place by r3n are still in effect. If you think any need to be reviewed, feel free to PM me.

Thank you!

- HEM

Thank you for the honor - I look forward to working with you in this new capacity.

Who's in charge of signatures? :ph43r:

Congrats, Mal. Look forward to you doing work for me. :p

I have been waiting for this all week! I'm very excited to have Mal on the team!

Sorry we pas'd on you. See what I did there?

Back