Nissan: commendable cars for Commended players
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Evening all,

This announcement is regarding access to 21 Tomlinson Street, our Cabinet offices. Besides our ministers, President, and Vice President, I've noticed that the Supreme Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, and any Administrators can also have access to this forum. Now, its traditionally been fine for the Supreme Chancellor to have it, but I don't think that the Vice Chancellor (which changes much more often than I'd like) nor Administrators should have 21 Tomlinson access. As such, I've removed their access and placed them in a new user group which allows them all the same access and posting rights as before with the noted difference of no 21 Tomlinson access.

Thank you for your time. I should also let it be known that I have access as well...if anyone is uncomfortable with that, I'll remove it.

I just want to point out that it's moot point to remove administrators' access to any forum, as they can edit it at any time, even temporarily if they want to conceal it.

I believe that, upon making someone administrator, you accept that he will have access to everything and you are willing to take this risk.

I just want to point out that it's moot point to remove administrators' access to any forum, as they can edit it at any time, even temporarily if they want to conceal it.

I believe that, upon making someone administrator, you accept that he will have access to everything and you are willing to take this risk.
The Vice Chancellor is not an admin by virtue of that position however so at the least their restriction would be solid.

Aye, but as my thumbs up was primarily in response to the VC removal, and your response was potentially a response to not only the announcement but any gestures of support, I felt duty-bound to step up and defend my thumbs :p

I do believe that the Admin History shows such activity, Ren. If an admin should change their perms, even temporarily, it should show up on that.

Well lets just assume they'll use the honor system. :p

I do believe that the Admin History shows such activity, Ren. If an admin should change their perms, even temporarily, it should show up on that.
The admin logs would simply show them as editing their account, perhaps twice if they changed it back. That might be changing their permission mask, or it could be changing their signature or password. If you trust someone not to do this, on the basis of honour, then you may as well trust them to have the access concerned in the first place.

I know our admins. They aren't concerned enough with affairs in Cabinet to regain access on their own volition.

I like how Leth keeps using "our admins," when he really means "Aurora and I."

For some reason, that makes me giggle.

Admin logs will tell the Root Admin whether anyone changed their permissions to view Tomlinson.

Back