Admin Task Thread

Alright, this work is complete.

I've followed what was suggested, with some minor tweaks:

1. All of the colors used are web-standard colors (aka, named colors). This means they're closer to standard color palletes, meaning that we're less likely to have contrast issues in either light OR dark themes (there have, historically, been some bad contrast issues in both light and dark themes, this is no longer true).
  2. When we need to speak as Admins, it is important that every user know it, not just the ones that happen to know who we are. It has to be in-your-face for someone who has submitted 0 posts. Because of this, 'Forum Administrator' has top styling priority rather than lowest (as was suggested).

General commentary about ugliness isn't particularly helpful, we've had weeks of debate on that in another thread.

*Yes, @Lethen I'm aware that the Forum Administrator thing is goofy looking. I'm still playing around with it to try to find something that A) doesn't look like the other names, B) stands out, and C) doesn't look silly.

If someone sees something INCORRECT with the setup. Actual contrast/difficulty reading, a color that doesn't seem to show up correctly, etc. DM me directly or send up a batsignal here.
I love it! Thanks, Darc.

ETA: Honored Citizen appears to be a different color from Citizen now.
They are both, in fact, dodgerblue.
Maybe it looks different because Citizen has black text.

Alright, this work is complete.

I've followed what was suggested, with some minor tweaks:

1. All of the colors used are web-standard colors (aka, named colors). This means they're closer to standard color palletes, meaning that we're less likely to have contrast issues in either light OR dark themes (there have, historically, been some bad contrast issues in both light and dark themes, this is no longer true).
  2. When we need to speak as Admins, it is important that every user know it, not just the ones that happen to know who we are. It has to be in-your-face for someone who has submitted 0 posts. Because of this, 'Forum Administrator' has top styling priority rather than lowest (as was suggested).

General commentary about ugliness isn't particularly helpful, we've had weeks of debate on that in another thread.

*Yes, @Lethen I'm aware that the Forum Administrator thing is goofy looking. I'm still playing around with it to try to find something that A) doesn't look like the other names, B) stands out, and C) doesn't look silly.

If someone sees something INCORRECT with the setup. Actual contrast/difficulty reading, a color that doesn't seem to show up correctly, etc. DM me directly or send up a batsignal here.
I love it! Thanks, Darc.

ETA: Honored Citizen appears to be a different color from Citizen now.
They are both, in fact, dodgerblue.
Maybe it looks different because Citizen has black text.
Yes. This was done on purpose, to give HCs just a little bit of pizzazz.

Now I'm back from my vacation, I'll comment here, unfortunately late. These changes were playing about with are VERY hard on the eyes. I'm finding them very hard to read quickly because the color of the text is inconsistent and the blocks of color are very distracting. Some of the black text is also on dark enough backgrounds it is tricky to read, at least on mobile. The supreme chancellor and WA debate ones immediately stand out as particularly bad. Generally, a lot of this looks cery late 90s Myspace to me, which wasn't a good look then and isn't a good look now.

If morning else, for accessibility reasons, I'd like something with better contrasts and/or bolder font.

Ultimately, I don't use the forim enough these days that it matters that much if I hate it. But it feels a bit back to the drawing board to me. This looks poor and is hard on the eyes. I think we can do a lot better. Rationalizing the number of colors might help. I don't think we need different shades for every little thing. E g., Juatice's could easily ask be one color with just the text distribution chief justice.

I gather there was a discussion somewhere else about this that I wasnt pointed to. So apologies again for being late to this. But I think this needs a lot more work and we should do that with and get it right. The current changed are a huge step backwards in aesthetic and, more importantly, accessibility. If really like to revert this until we've worked out a scheme that works better than this. It's just ... really bad right now.

Last edited:
Hello admins, can you please archive the existing thread(s) in the Circuit court chambers and ensure that @GraVandius and @SkyGreen are masked as Circuit Court judges (and if needed for Darc to see the circuit court chambers, him too)?

Hello admins, can you please archive the existing thread(s) in the Circuit court chambers and ensure that @GraVandius and @SkyGreen are masked as Circuit Court judges (and if needed for Darc to see the circuit court chambers, him too)?
Done.

Hello! The Senate has just approved a whole load of cabinet Nominations. Could you update the relevant masking please?

https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?forums/swakistek-conference-hall.59402/
Done, updating masking, joinable group managers, and dropdown list.

Seems I wasn't given management permissions for the Watchers group.

Back