Admin Task Thread

Removed/added masking after President election and updated dropdown.

The admin role color is fucking hideous

Edit: either unbold it or find a darker green

It does look quite bad in light mode, but as a colour it's nicer than orange at least

I mean... light mode is hideous, so...?

Yeah, I'll work on it. Let me get the other colors in place first and I'll circle back.

It's terrible in light mode

FYI everyone currently looks dark blue on Brave (Chromium) mobile / dark mode.

Screenshot_20231028_155345_Brave.jpg

We're still in flight, man, I'll let everyone know when it's done.

This is also bad and looks like something you'd see on a 2002 forum. What was wrong with the old system again?

Alright, this work is complete.

I've followed what was suggested, with some minor tweaks:

1. All of the colors used are web-standard colors (aka, named colors). This means they're closer to standard color palletes, meaning that we're less likely to have contrast issues in either light OR dark themes (there have, historically, been some bad contrast issues in both light and dark themes, this is no longer true).
  2. When we need to speak as Admins, it is important that every user know it, not just the ones that happen to know who we are. It has to be in-your-face for someone who has submitted 0 posts. Because of this, 'Forum Administrator' has top styling priority rather than lowest (as was suggested).

General commentary about ugliness isn't particularly helpful, we've had weeks of debate on that in another thread.

*Yes, @Lethen I'm aware that the Forum Administrator thing is goofy looking. I'm still playing around with it to try to find something that A) doesn't look like the other names, B) stands out, and C) doesn't look silly.

If someone sees something INCORRECT with the setup. Actual contrast/difficulty reading, a color that doesn't seem to show up correctly, etc. DM me directly or send up a batsignal here.

1. All of the colors used are web-standard colors (aka, named colors). This means they're closer to standard color palletes, meaning that we're less likely to have contrast issues in either light OR dark themes (there have, historically, been some bad contrast issues in both light and dark themes, this is no longer true).
  2. When we need to speak as Admins, it is important that every user know it, not just the ones that happen to know who we are. It has to be in-your-face for someone who has submitted 0 posts. Because of this, 'Forum Administrator' has top styling priority rather than lowest (as was suggested).

General commentary about ugliness isn't particularly helpful, we've had weeks of debate on that in another thread.

*Yes, @Lethen I'm aware that the Forum Administrator thing is goofy looking. I'm still playing around with it to try to find something that A) doesn't look like the other names, B) stands out, and C) doesn't look silly.

If someone sees something INCORRECT with the setup. Actual contrast/difficulty reading, a color that doesn't seem to show up correctly, etc. DM me directly or send up a batsignal here.
I love it! Thanks, Darc.

ETA: Honored Citizen appears to be a different color from Citizen now.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same color, it looks different because of the black/white text

I love it! Thanks, Darc.

They are both, in fact, dodgerblue.

Back