Admin/Mod Meddling in my Paper

Rach

Banned
While I do not protest the admin teams decision to close my thread for a cool down period, I do not appreciate them re-combining threads I had split to adhere to the admin decision. This has been an on-going issue for the Globe in recent times. First there was the renaming of my Canada thread without first consulting me, then the closing of one of my threads and now the reversal of my decision to cut out spammy posts made after the closure and announcement of a cool down period.

I'd rather not feel like things are constantly out of control at my paper because of constant admin or moderator meddling. It feels like I'm living in the world of Brazil and it is rather disorientating. So if the wanton meddling in my paper could be kept to a minimum it'd be much appreciated. I would like to state that this hasn't been an issue prior to the latter part of this month but it would be nice if it stopped.

(1) The Canada threads were all renamed because they were purposely misleading and confusing to anyone who uses the Active Topics feature to browse our forums. There was no other purpose to those threads except causing confusion and spamming/trolling.

(2) You split the thread after-the-fact, and your "spammy post" was not spam.

(3) Nothing of importance or value was changed, edited, etc. with either of these decisions.

(4) I haven't yet looked into it, but why did you edit one of my posts? I don't split topics often but I don't believe splitting a topic also shows up as "Edited by so-and-so at this time," so can you address that?

(1) You could have asked me to rename it before doing it via admin powers. That would have been the proper thing to do.

(2) It was spam.

(4) You haven't even discussed how you re-combined the threads without my permission and put the spam post back despite the admin call to abstain from posting. It says it was edited because I changed the title after I split it.

(1) Do you honestly think I'm going to ask every single person if it's okay that I rename their topics? No. It's a waste of time since I was within my rights as an admin to change the titles.

(2) Nope, wasn't spam. Plus that's assuming I posted it knowing NES closed the thread. We both posted around the same time.

(4) I re-combined them because they didn't need to be split anyway.

I think you were right to rename the Canada threads, though I do think Rachel should be allowed to split up threads within her own newspaper/

(1) Simply because it is within your rights to do something, does not make it "okay" to do it.

(2) It was spam and based upon NES' closure of the thread I felt it was inappropriate to continue the conversation. Whether or not you knew NES had closed the thread before posting is beside the point, I split it because it was the right thing to do.

(3) It is my right to split topics, especially when they contain unessential posts.

(1) When it's for the good of the region, and it's legal, I am well within my rights to do it.

(2) Yes because saying something sarcastic and then saying that I personally won't be closing the thread but will leave it up to another admin counts as "spam" and should be split. *rolls eyes* <--- wait does this mean this post is spam now!?

(4) You changed numbers on me! I'd fix it for you, but you're very sensitive about editing things so...and it's not a right. I don't see that enshrined in our laws anywhere. It's a privilege born of the admins granting you mod powers. The admins giveth; the admins taketh away. Why are you complaining anyway? I'm the one who moved your paper to the top of the media forums. You'd think something like that would appeal to your shallow and self-serving nature.

I anticipate this becoming very unproductive in the near future and would suggest the two of you refrain from further comment until another admin weighs in. Just my two cents.

Sopo said:
I anticipate this becoming very unproductive in the near future and would suggest the two of you refrain from further comment until another admin weighs in. Just my two cents.
Duly noted, Slothpo. :gentleman:

Back