A Tale of Two Interiors

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
During the last Presidential election, us voters compared and contrasted the candidates' plans for the Ministries, as well as how many babies they kissed. The final baby count had Writinglegend ahead of McEntire by a longshot (turns out not too many babies were fond of kissing a Jon Hunstman lookalike), so he was swept into the Goldenblock. Now that his term is nearing the halfway point, let's examine one of his more overlooked platform ideas, the splitting of Interior into Regional Recruitment and Citizen Integration.

First off, let's examine what the job of each Ministry is. Regional Recruitment, according to the application to join the Ministry, “consists of Manual Recruitment and Telegram Drafting and Research. The overall work of the ministry consists of bringing new nations to the region via manual recruitment.” Citizen Integration, meanwhile, according to its application, “consists of the Newcomer Handbook, Gameside Handbook and Patron Program.”

To get further information on this issue, we went straight to the man responsible for the split, President Writinglegend. That interview is transcribed below:
Interview said:
Calvin Coolidge: Why did you split Interior initially?

Writinglegend: I initially split Interior because I felt a minister couldn't prioritize integration and recruitment. As we know, both are equally deserving of equal and fair activity, and it's safe to say that Interior was definitly overloaded. This was seen with continuous terms of one getting sidelined while the other gets the large amount of work done. For example, my term was mostly focused on Recruitment whilst Mouse's term was more focused on Integration (although recruitment was a portion of a focus in Mouse's term). The idea really came after my term as Interior, and then watching Malashaan get seemingly overloaded with Interior. The problem is we have great ideas and important activities for each respective area, but stuffing them into one ministry wasn't effectively prioritizing them correctly. In order to get the most effective amount of eyes and attention to each of them, I felt a ministry split was needed.

Calvin Coolidge: And how would you say this term has gone in these areas after the split?

Writinglegend: I feel the term has gone good on the side of Citizen Integration, but on Regional Recruitment we have had the trouble of getting people wanting to manually recruit. However, I am confident that that will change in the second-half of this term, as we just had a handful of newer people apply for the ministry, and I have been helping some along on how to manually recruit. Overall, though, both have made decent progress and the split has given effective attention to some ideas and programs that didn't have that much in the regular Interior ministry.

Calvin Coolidge: Where do you see these Ministries after you leave office? Do you think the next President will keep this split in place?

Writinglegend: I feel whether the split continues is the prerogative of the person running who wins the Presidency. Whoever wins, I do hope they continue the split to continue the increased attention to multiple programs and ideas in both integration and recruitment. I would hate for them to just be stuffed again (too early), and effectively limit one or the other like we have seen in the past. Especially in such a time period where we should focus more on manual recruitment, stuffing them could effectively overshadow the manual recruitment program over all of the other Interior stuff. Even if you give it the priority necessary, then you need to balance that with Integration. Essentially, the split gives the necessary energy and attention to both manual recruitment and integration, and I do hope to see it continue.

As a little advertisement, I encourage you all to join Regional Recruitment and work on manual recruitment. It's very simple and you see immediate results that really benefit the region! And, of course, if you don't like manual recruiting, Citizen Integration is a great ministry to join and help out: as a Patron or a general worker-bee. :p

Calvin Coolidge: Thank you for your time, Mr. President. :D

Writinglegend: No problem, Mr. Vice President. ;)
Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, who just split his pants.

Oooh, an interview of the President by the Vice President, how hard-hitting and objective. :p

Back