60th Senate declared open, appointments made

60th Senate declared open by Speaker
Appointments also made by Speaker
By Aditya Republic

(Europeia – May 16, 2017) – Newly elected Speaker of the Senate McEntire opened the 60th Senate in Europeian history. McEntire gave a few remarks to the legislative body upon calling the the start of the session. In his remarks, McEntire laid out the agenda for the upcoming term.

"Thank you to the Europeians that voted for me, and for my fellow Senators for their nearly unanimous support of my Speakership," he said. He also noted that it had been more than four years and five months since he last held the role of Speaker.

Some of the top agenda items include a revision of the Judicature Act, a rewrite of the Elections Act, and the inclusion of greater equity and gender neutrality in the Europeian laws.

The major agenda announcement was the establishment of a Senate Intelligence Committee, which Senator Drexlore Greyjoy will chair. The first task of this committee will be a briefing on the scandal related to the allegations that Trinnien disclosed classified information from the External Affairs Advisory Committee. The Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency, North East Somerset, will provide this briefing in advance of his reconfirmation.

"I am asking you to invest in us, not to increase my own grandeur or that of any of my fellow Senators. I am asking you to buy in to this vision because I believe that its accomplishment will lead to greater civic vitality,” McEntire said. “With your help, we will be a Senate that lives up to the mantle of NationStates' greatest legislative body, and we will be a chamber that works on your behalf and for your betterment" was an appeal from the Speaker to the citizens. This appeal shows that the 60th Senate has already got down to work. The Speaker wants to work along with the citizens to a new and better Europeia.”

The 60th Senate contains a healthy mixture of experienced veterans and energetic newcomers. Citizens have hope from the 60th Senate.

The Speaker also made a few appointments. McEntire appointed Senator Verteger as Deputy Speaker, while he appointed prominent newcomers Erica and Le Libertia as Senate aides.

Thank you for covering this topic, Aditya! You do well in writing articles. :D

Well done, Aditya Republic! This is a nice first article, and captures McEntires opening of the Seante nicely.

Great job Aditya! :)

Back