Under New Minister, Recruitment Continues to Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I think this is more evidence that we should be looking to re-integrate Recruitment into a larger structure "Interior" ministry again, where the sole focus is not simply on recruitment.

If this whole situation hasn't turned off any possible future minister of recruitment because of the scrutiny, I'd be shocked.

Giving the reconstituted Ministry of Interior the whole program of Recruitment and Integration will help give the Minister a couple tasks, and less beholden to strict focus on one. I wasn't the most prolific recruiter during any of my Minister of Interior terms, but I did run recruitment programs (Race Across America and the Recruitment Emojis) along with some integration efforts and document reviews/updates, so the fact that I didn't send telegrams some weeks wasn't under intense scrutiny because there were other focuses and things broadly stayed on track.

I think the laser focus on just recruitment, as its own ministry, really narrows the options for leadership and will likely burn people out quicker, I think. I also found that there was a difference in who were strong recruiters and who were strong at leading recruiters, I remember trying to entice heavy recruiters into deputy positions or following up as minister the next term and there weren't many who were willing. I don't want to speculate too far from the path here, but perhaps being a strong recruiter and being a strong leader/minister aren't necessarily in line?

Last edited:
I’m glad Kari brought the fact that Bri doesn’t recruit
... It might be wise for you to read the entire article (where I got the information i cited, it also being clearly visible and eye-catching as it is the only bold text in the entire body of the article. I also would have no way of acquiring information with regard to the specifics of individual recruiters as I am not even in the ministry.) before you launch into attacks when showing that you didn't read the article only proves that your argument is not based on any rational or good faith critique.

I would also, again, advise you to seriously consider why you feel so strongly about this and if necessary take some time to deal with the underlying emotions.
Kari off course I have underlying emotions but Sopo has made it clear we should not make this thread about Whitmark.

Overall, I think this is more evidence that we should be looking to re-integrate Recruitment into a larger structure "Interior" ministry again, where the sole focus is not simply on recruitment.

The Ministries of Recruitment and Integration were - at least from the side of myself and my team - always meant to be merged again soon after their creation. I think we'll see this next term, after most pressing construction sites have been cleared.

power hungriness will only deeper the damage done to Recruitment by the inactivity
Willingness to accept a position as Minister doesn't make someone power-hungry. Either that, or you can accuse everyone in office of being power-hungry. :p

Minister @Brí Shakespeare needs to step down and resign because we don’t see any of this fabulous work.

A political servant who is on constant excuses because of school, needs to step down for real life and for the good of Euro, power hungriness will only deeper the damage done to Recruitment by the inactivity. Especially when this has been a constant in Bri’s career, he has always been half march, half speed, not recruiting at all and if recruiting doing very very very poorly with numbers between 15 and 30 telegrams once a month. This is not the example a Ministry needs to show.

He is not posting the updates every week, not on his first term were he disappeared publicly and now, were some Europeians are beginning to worry for his disappearance. A Ministry of Recruitment needs to be visible and under Bri and Cara, because they haven’t had time and had different priorities, the Ministry has been invisible. Pichtonia’s has made this worse saying both of them have done great and have been the best Ministers in years. I wonder how the region would look like with Bri’s work, like the one he is doing the in the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party, having being elected several times and not fulfilling ONE of his promises, not one. This is Bri my friends. This is what Pichtonia has gotten you.

A political servant who is constantly using excuses. So....you?

power hungriness will only deeper the damage done to Recruitment by the inactivity
Willingness to accept a position as Minister doesn't make someone power-hungry. Either that, or you can accuse everyone in office of being power-hungry. :p
Prim the guy has had too many excuses since becoming my Deputy Minister of Recruitment. I don’t know if he has anything but power-hungriness.

Why do I say that? He lobbied and lobbied that he wanted a job as Deputy and I gave him the opportunity because I saw willingness. As soon as he got appointed and I told him he had to recruit 300 telegrams, he began the excuses. “I can’t” “next week” “will soon” “I promise to catch up” he never deliver more than 30 telegrams during my term and Pichtonia’s very good judgement promoted him to Minister of Recruitment. Not even mentioning the fact he has inactive, not online, not answering for days.

Minister @Brí Shakespeare needs to step down and resign because we don’t see any of this fabulous work.

A political servant who is on constant excuses because of school, needs to step down for real life and for the good of Euro, power hungriness will only deeper the damage done to Recruitment by the inactivity. Especially when this has been a constant in Bri’s career, he has always been half march, half speed, not recruiting at all and if recruiting doing very very very poorly with numbers between 15 and 30 telegrams once a month. This is not the example a Ministry needs to show.

He is not posting the updates every week, not on his first term were he disappeared publicly and now, were some Europeians are beginning to worry for his disappearance. A Ministry of Recruitment needs to be visible and under Bri and Cara, because they haven’t had time and had different priorities, the Ministry has been invisible. Pichtonia’s has made this worse saying both of them have done great and have been the best Ministers in years. I wonder how the region would look like with Bri’s work, like the one he is doing the in the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party, having being elected several times and not fulfilling ONE of his promises, not one. This is Bri my friends. This is what Pichtonia has gotten you.

Or yourself? Where is your excuse for being the worse Senator according to the polls for your first Senate term?

Or yourself? Where is your excuse for being the worse Senator according to the polls for your first Senate term?

My excuse was that my mother nearly died, Whitmark.

Alright, come on, let's keep the focus on the Ministry of Recruitment here. Your points are fine when discussing the Ministry of Recruitment, but when you start lashing out at random posters who are disagreeing with you, it goes off the rails a bit.

And OD, I'm sure Whitmark is feeling enough pressure from the attention here, probably don't need the added jabs.

If this whole situation hasn't turned off any possible future minister because of the scrutiny, I'd be shocked.

Giving the reconstituted Ministry of Interior the whole program of Recruitment and Integration will help give the Minister a couple tasks, and less beholden to strict focus on one. I wasn't the most prolific recruiter during any of my Minister of Interior terms, but I did run recruitment programs (Race Across America and the Recruitment Emojis) along with some integration efforts and document reviews/updates, so the fact that I didn't send telegrams some weeks wasn't under intense scrutiny because there were other focuses and things broadly stayed on track.

I think the laser focus on just recruitment, as its own ministry, really narrows the options for leadership and will likely burn people out quicker, I think.I also found that there was a difference in who were strong recruiters and who were strong at leading recruiters, I remember trying to entice heavy recruiters into deputy positions or following up as minister the next term and there weren't many who were willing. I don't want to speculate too far from the path here, but perhaps being a strong recruiter and being a strong leader/minister aren't necessarily in line?

Tbh I do think recombining the functions would be a good move in the near future, be that either by the current or next administration. The latter likely being preferable due to the massive amount of turnover which could not have been predicted, or expected, this term.

Even just from the time you note in Ministry of Interior a lot of work got done every week, even with the issues of the impending, and then happening, forum change. Often work which was not "justified" by raw numbers. The recruitment numbers being low on a given week was categorically not an indication of a lack of activity. iirc there was a full handbook review done at the time and another full review of both the handbook and as many government documents/threads as possible, copies of the code then passed on to the relevant ministers, after the switch to correct links to work with the new forum, all good work without "numbers."

Last edited:

So your excuses are valid, mine don’t. Excellent. I had have variety of positions and only once I didn’t do great. I gave my explanation go read it. I’m not seeking political office, I’m not planning to run, I’m not staying in a Ministry with excuses and excuses and having the boss excuse me also. That’s Bri and Pichtonia.

Whitmark, you need to step away. Right now. You are not helping yourself with your persistence. Get off Euro, get off NS if you have to. Take some time, a few days, weeks, maybe even months, to regather yourself and come back. This is not healthy.

So your excuses are valid, mine don’t. Excellent. I had have variety of positions and only once I didn’t do great. I gave my explanation go read it. I’m not seeking political office, I’m not planning to run, I’m not staying in a Ministry with excuses and excuses and having the boss excuse me also. That’s Bri and Pichtonia.

Difference between us Whitmark is I am not using the excuses constantly. My first term was well over a year ago and has no bearing on this term or contributes to the current debate.

Difference between us Whitmark is I am not using the excuses constantly. My first term was well over a year ago and has no bearing on this term or contributes to the current debate.
Where are my excuses today? They are buried on threads in time like from July. Don’t lie. I’m talking about who is really Bri, because I was the one involved in the process of making him my deputy and the complete disaster he was. And as a consequence the complete disaster he has been as Min Recruitment two times! And worse, he has not been sacked!

Where are my excuses today? They are buried on threads in time like from July. Don’t lie. I’m talking about who is really Bri, because I was the one involved in the process of making him my deputy and the complete disaster he was. And as a consequence the complete disaster he has been as Min Recruitment two times! And worse, he has not been sacked!

Every time someone brings up to you why you were removed as DFM you fall back on personal life excuses. But we are going around in circles and I'm done engaging with you Whitmark. You really need to consider stepping back from Euro.

“Perhaps most shocking is that, since taking office, Minister Bri has not sent a single recruitment telegram.”

Attachments

• C26C1105-434D-4323-94AD-76AE9E07550C.jpeg
    C26C1105-434D-4323-94AD-76AE9E07550C.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 108
Look, I'm happy to discuss the subject matter at hand but would kindly ask everyone to be civil and stop the mud-slinging.

I am going to give you a honest and well intentioned piece of advice, not just for Euro, but for life in general. Just to preface as I know you will not like it; It is just that, advice, not a warning or threat:

If you continue to behave in this manner or conduct yourself in any community like you have been for the past several months; it will eventually result in action being taken against you by people charged with protecting that community. A point will be reached where they feel that the need to protect the community, and its members, singly or as a whole, outweighs the benefit of your inclusion.

At present literally no critique or commentary can be undertaken in this community without it being hijacked and turned into to a envenomed diatribe conducted by you against any and all persons you feel "wronged" you or support(ed) those who "wronged" you. In this thread I have twice alluded to it being beneficial for you to take a bit of time away to consider why you feel so strongly that you have been undertaking a campaign bordering on outright harassment for months now. I am now outright saying you should take a prolonged break and consider such, with professional help if necessary or of benefit to you. The anger that you are so clearly holding onto for the actions taken in what is ultimately a role-playing game is not healthy and will do nothing for you in the long term if you hold onto it other than fester and turn into resentment, which if acted upon, as you have been doing, will eventually result in an irreversible tipping point being reached where those people charged with protecting the community will no longer see a means or way for you to participate in it without putting others at risk.

I sincerely hope you listen to the well intentioned advice myself and others have tried to give you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back