The Citizens' Union

Falconias

Oh yeah. Platform soon. Electoral reform, promotion and reform of the City Council, re-examine term lengths, re-examine separation of powers, among other things.

This is short until I get the party made, and some of my ideas aren't fully thought through, but:

Electoral Reform:
-Re-vamped Presidential voting system that involves a second round of voting depending on the outcome of the initial vote
-If only 2 candidates to begin with, a reject all option; if only 1 candidate, a reject option
-Should no Presidential candidate surface within a week or so, Supreme Chancellor rules until Presidential candidate is found, then a shorter campaign period begins where other people may also vie for the position
-Re-vamped Senate voting system that involves preferential voting. One possible option to keep it on-site is 10 different polls, each asking you to select a particular Senator for that rank. -- EDIT: sounds tedious but would be explained greater in full platform

City Council:
-Re-name to Citizens' Congress
-Re-name Mayor to Chairman
-Embody the CC into the Constitution
-Chairman elected by all citizens, not just the Citizens' Congress (check on Chairman's power)
-Citizens' Congress has ability to hold a referendum on a constitutional amendment, a veto of a passed act, remove a singular Cabinet minister from their post, or force an election, all only with extreme majority (~75%) NOTE: does not have the same power as the Senate to impeach the President and not have an election

Judicial changes:
-Chief Justice and Associate Justices may not serve in the Senate as well as their previous restrictions
-For internal debate: associate Justices may however choose to affiliate themselves with a political party

Term lengths:
-Chairman elections to change from 1 month to every 2 months -- NOT necessarily concurrent with Presidential elections (ie a Presidential VoNC would not trigger a Chairman election)

You didnt get what I said.

Range voting involves people giving a popularity rating of each canadate of 1-9, or 1-99. EDIT: But seeing as that could be prone to fraud, I assume we could do that instead.

Back