Okay, Cits Have To Change

Oliver

Alright, while we're in "airing our greivances" mode, and I've had a chance to calm down a little from a whole load of dirty laundry aired at once in the Grand Hall...

Citizenship has to change. It's ridiculous. The leader of another region has applied for citizenship three days ago. I know Europeia's big, but seriously, whatever we're doing, we can't have new citizens asking when they're going to citizenship unless they're impatient little buggers. Anything under 24 hours, sure, they're impatient.

I know Lethen's going to talk about security, but as I see it, you've got two options. Either find a way to get through the system we have faster, or change the system. Maybe make it something the whole admin team can enjoy! Then we won't have to listen to Administrator arguments about whose fault it is while prospective citizens wilt on the vine.

Maybe it's time to find another Admin. Imperial Britain is less than half the size of Europeia and we've got four. I can't decide for you, but something has to change. Please.

I'll be straight with you Oliver: When new people apply, they get a mask that lets them see and post in the same goddamned places except the oval room for elections. Now if that is somehow terrible to them, then too fucking bad. Its a shame that noone waived another world leader's application and that it took a bit too long, but if she has the Pending mask, I have to ask this:

WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE?

At the time I wrote this she hadn't received a pending mask yet, because you weren't here and the other admins don't touch Citizenship. The issue is not with the pending mask, it's with the way the whole system breaks down when you leave.

Lethen- I don't think I've ever dealt with citizenship as an admin, mainly because I believe security checks provide a negligible difference to forum security. I was never -told- about the pending mask from you, much less that I should hand them out. But somehow I was supposed to read your mind and give them to people?

Also, who the hell is supposed to waive her? You're ridiculously stubborn and insist that security checks are great, which I, and I believe HEM, don't agree with, but then you whine that nobody else does security checks? Um...

Lethen- I don't think I've ever dealt with citizenship as an admin, mainly because I believe security checks provide a negligible difference to forum security. I was never -told- about the pending mask from you, much less that I should hand them out. But somehow I was supposed to read your mind and give them to people?
We've been doing the pending mask thing for almost a month. I didn't have to tell HEM about it; I didn't have to tell anyone else about it. They noticed and put two-and-two together. It was done after a public outcry (and a Senate bill) that both drew large crowds and saw HEM and I compromise. I don't care if you don't do citizenship apps, but you're free to do the pending maskings.

Also, who the hell is supposed to waive her? You're ridiculously stubborn and insist that security checks are great, which I, and I believe HEM, don't agree with, but then you whine that nobody else does security checks? Um...
By law, its actually only HEM and myself I believe. Well, then again, that laws pretty flimsy...eh. And security checks are important in many senses; you don't do them, so you don't have a leg to stand on complaining about it.

I'd like to mention the Citizenship Act, that places duties on the Supreme and Vice Chancellors.

If there is a time for changing the legal stipulations to what actually happens, I think the time is now.

I wasn't sure *who* could waive applications, by law. I think we amended it to change that because I've been waiving without either title.

I wasn't sure *who* could waive applications, by law. I think we amended it to change that because I've been waiving without either title.
The question is really by law too, because in capacity as an EIA official you de facto could anyway...

I remember this issue came up with Kazaman was EIA Director, as he claimed he could legally waive...we should fix this.

Back