My Thoughts on FRA

NS Foreign Policy

I was never comfortable with the idea of FRA in TUK, I didn’t know much about it but it was something I had a fear of due to my EoE beginnings.

When I ran for Prime Minister, I discussed whether or not we should remain a part of it with the King and the Chief Justice. The conclusion was that in order for us to gain the benefits of FRA, we had to play a greater role in it. If not, we should just leave. Talking to members of FRA, they agreed.

Looking back, I wonder what we actually gained. Security was a minus; they rarely helped and if they did it was like pulling teeth. This is despite joining FRA makes your region more of a target and telling us that they’d help (a very FRA theme). I wasted time being a rep (in TUK it was the PM and MoD), time better spent in the actual region itself. FA was minus, most FRA regions are small and inactive and TUK was a big region. Regions I wouldn’t bother to open embassies with in a 100 nation region, let alone a 300 one. It handicapped our FA.

Did the FRA make our military better? Or was it my Minister of Defense? I think he was talented enough to do it on his own.

TUK went downhill when we put more time into FRA and less time into the region itself. FRA was an “issue” it was never a solution. Others and I spent time trying to fix the whole “FRA issue” like we spent time trying to fix the FA, recruiting and other real issues facing TUK.

Now, my biggest issue with FRA. When our Founder took over the region you’d think that given that it was the government which had joined FRA that they would stand with the government. The government, which put time into FRA and that, loaned its time and its soldiers for FRA. Yet, there was nothing. There was no support, despite us asking for it. It was our enemies that were giving us support. We asked for FRA to drop us, so as not to recognize the founder and do you know what they did?

They kept us and tried to reach out to George in the hopes of keeping the region in FRA. They left us out to dry; when we were in trouble they dumped us. This is from the self-proclaimed “morally superior” defenders. They used us, they ask for everything and give nothing.

Which brings me back to why TUK had joined and stayed, where were these so-called benefits to the region? It’s something they offer to regions, vague promises of benefits. When regions complain about it, they say that the region has to work harder in order to get these benefits. Regions get caught believing this and TUK was one of them. All the while they use your regions resources, let’s take your reps time. Let’s take your militaries members times. Let’s take members for our government. Let’s take members for our Rangers.

I think that regions should really be more aggressive about this and not just accept what FRA says. Actually pressure them, asking them what they’ll actually gain because FRA will not be honest about the benefits and drawbacks and why should they be? Here is the paradox, they say they want regions to join and offer them benefits. Yet really, they are recruiting and so will not give a fully honest answer. Hence, the relationship right from the start is not one based on honesty and not one based on mutual benefit. They claim that regions are a member of an equal alliance, yet they’re being recruited by the “FRA”. It’s its own organization, when TUK was a member we dealt with it. We didn’t feel like a mutual member.

It’s more about what’s best for FRA rather than what is best for the actual region. They don’t care about the well being of the region.

It’s the same in UK. They are debating leaving, their population is in decline and the region is frequently “boring” (according to it's members). Yet once again, FRA only comes to UK so that they may keep the region and it’s resources. Talking once again of benefits. The cycle goes on.

This is just gobbledegook...I wouldn't even bother trying to (mis)interpret what I am saying until you can make a coherent or relevant argument of your own.
Don't be so pretentious. It's really unbecoming of your character.

My argument is simple enough. I don't care if I don't (apparently) understand your argument. The FRA may be the shittiest organization in the world full of self-centered douchbags who don't stand up to their own cries of morality in the game. Our job is not to make you like us. Our job is not to be fair. It doesn't matter if we toot our own horn on stuff we are actually wrong about. Our job is to defend.
You sounded like gov with that first line. :huh:
Mekhet..as funny as you are trying to be with your avatar and signature...you do realize that Onder was correct, right?

Ahhh now everything makes sense to me Rach. I was confused by your "complaint" and now I understand the hate. I see that you see this very differently to me. In some ways you are correct, but I never thought of NS warfare to be filled with honour.

Being pretentious pretty much IS his character. :ph43r:
This.

My argument is simple enough. I don't care if I don't (apparently) understand your argument. The FRA may be the shittiest organization in the world full of self-centered douchbags who don't stand up to their own cries of morality in the game. Our job is not to make you like us. Our job is not to be fair. It doesn't matter if we toot our own horn on stuff we are actually wrong about. Our job is to defend.

Look, that simply is not an argument, never mind a simple one. It's just you making a load of irrelevant statements, and then saying oh well, overall it doesn't matter anyway because the only thing we have to do is defend.

Well, you were the one criticising the article and my post. If the FRA is "full of self-centred douchbags who don't stand up to their own cries of morality" then that just helps my argument, cause thats pretty much what I said! I really don't know what relevance your 'argument' has to anything...if as you say "it doesn't matter", then why have you bothered replying and contesting my assertions?

I might respond to Rachel's critiques latter, but I must say this. That statement is completely 100% false. The FRA will defend for raiders or anyone basically, even Nazis. It's a little iffy with feeders, but no one in the FRA won't defend for you because you're an active raider.

As for your earlier statement, I would like to point out (with the assistance of an old friend who is now retired, but was a highly experienced FRA Ranger) what a load of bullshit that is too, here is a list of just some of the regions that it is FRA policy not to defend:

Nazi America
Nazi Axis
Nazi Berlin
Nazi Deutschland
Nazism
New Israel
Nicaragua
North Country
North Korea
Obama Land
Pacific Northwest
Peru
Red Army
Republica Bolivariana
Shadow Warriors
Stockholm
Suez
Suez Canal
Tel Aviv
The Aryan Axis
The Aryan Nations
The Axis Powers
The Elders of Zion
The Islamic Balkans
The Mossad
The New Fascist Empire
The White Homeland
Third Reich
Thule
Tibet
Time
Tokyo
United Kingdom of Britain

Look, that simply is not an argument, never mind a simple one. It's just you making a load of irrelevant statements, and then saying oh well, overall it doesn't matter anyway because the only thing we have to do is defend.

It may not be coherent, but it is an argument. :p

Well, you were the one criticising the article and my post.
I never criticized the article. Only your post.

If the FRA is "full of self-centred douchbags who don't stand up to their own cries of morality" then that just helps my argument, cause thats pretty much what I said!
I understand that. Clearly, my argument is not effective. lol

I really don't know what relevance your 'argument' has to anything...if as you say "it doesn't matter", then why have you bothered replying and contesting my assertions?
It's NS. Isn't there supposed to be a flame war in every thread?

As for your earlier statement, I would like to point out (with the assistance of an old friend who is now retired, but was a highly experienced FRA Ranger) what a load of bullshit that is too, here is a list of just some of the regions that it is FRA policy not to defend:

Maybe. :p I'll be honest, I haven't been a ranger in over a year and a half and I got booted for inactivity. So, I would not be the guy to go to for policy. The most I've done in the FRA in the past year is post this link in a thread about feedback, and invite people to a game of Supremacy. I concede all points.

---

Now, who is your avatar?

Still an interesting thing to read...not sure if I agree or disagree with it all. I don't think its as black and white as some people would like it to be, but then again, this is part of the game. We're invaders; we aren't supposed to paint defenders in a light thats fair and neutral and pretty.

And I have to ask, who here thinks that the "pre-emptive defending" policy will be expanded to encompass neutral regions soon? :lol:

After asking FRA about their role in TUK, it turns out that our initial request to drop us to show no-support was refused given that they hoped TUK would remain a part FRA (it was this response that we got and it was done to show support for TUK, rather than support the "terrorist"). When it was evident that George did not intend to do so, they dropped us. However, this was never communicated to us and TUK would continue to remain on FRA's records over a month after.

Rachel, you need to stop this. The threads where TUKs membership was discussed and rescinded by the RA were all available to all TUK members who were registered on the FRA boards, including yourself. TUK's membership was rescinded just over 24 hours after the initial request was made by PASD. It was never 'denied', there was just a short discussion period where various viewpoints were brought to the table.

Not that it will matter, but for clarity's sake I will post up what I posted when Rachel brought this up on the FRA forums...

I've now re-read the thread concerning TUK's membership directly following the crisis.

At the time when the request was originally made the RA was strongly supportive of the exiled government, but considered simply expelling the region's membership as giving in to 'the terrorist' George. It was the feeling that by supporting those opposing George in the region, but not expelling the region itself, we would be sending out a message that we will not allow these kind of people to fracture our alliance.

I've been told by Rachel that the point of expelling TUK was to show George he had no support. Forgive me if I find this funny, but George had a very low regard for the FRA. Do you seriously believe he would have given a flying f*ck? Once he realised he had no support his reaction wasn't to rescind his position and give the region back, it was to utterly destroy it so nobody else could ever do anything with it again. This was another good reason why the FRA didn't vote to expel TUK. Maybe we were naive, but I believe we genuinely hoped that a resolution could be reached where TUK's rightful government could be restored. This was never going to be done by insulting George on our way out of the region, or making demands in a way which he could never accept. It was not done in some misplaced hope that a TUK under George would remain in the FRA- don't insult our intelligence. It was simply a different approach from leaving the region to rot.

However, once George had published his agenda, and made it clear that those in opposition to him were going to be silenced by banning them from the region, the feeling here changed. We largely agreed with those calling for TUK's membership to be rescinded. The reason no expulsion vote ever took place was because the regions reps had already stated the rescinding of TUK's membership, and so none was necessary. As far as I can make out- TUKs FRA membership was rescinded at their request on November 24th 2010- just over 24 hours after the request was made.

Our support of those 'in exile' didn't end there. We remained in contact with numerous off spring regions. We gave them access to our recruitment resources just as TUK had. We continued to liaise with and assist them as they wanted as we had done with TUK.

I don't know why this libelous sh*t you're posting has begun to be shamelessly spread around NS and brought to our door, but I would question the motives behind it. It's presentation of the facts are erroneous, heavily skewed and unfair.

My view is that of a leader of TUK and my facts are what I was told and what I saw on FRA's records. I did not see the conversation that FRA undertook and I did not spend any effort reaching out to them because of what it looked like.

Back