Meet the Cabinet: Writinglegend

Meet the Cabinet: Writinglegend
The President of Europeia
Interview conducted by Parallel solstice

Writinglegend: Our current President can certainly be considered a great figure of Europeia, who has moulded himself into the fabric of the region over the last two years and three successive terms as President in addition to the current one. His work in Culture is enshrined in our forums, with the Conference area of the Culture Ministry being named after him. As Senator and most recently Chief Justice of Europeia he displayed his judicial and legislative knowledge. And only last term he was still Grand Admiral, with great ratings and numerous successful operations.

But who is Writinglegend? A fun turtle-lover, who is often around for a chat or Weekend Games with this community? A great leader? Some would argue he is both, some would argue differently, and we can't make that assessment for you, but we as EBC want to give you the opportunity to see for yourself. Parallel solstice was fortunate to get the chance to interview our President.

Why did you decide to run for President this time around?

I decided to run for President mainly because I didn't like the direction we were going. Culturally, we forced festivals into terms and couldn't get the small things correct within the ministry to generate organic activity. Interior wise, the Intern Program was -not- progressing as expected and we lacked a true Integration Program to get new citizens involved in our region. We also had a Recruitment Tournament that relied on 1v1 competition that failed to answer key questions such as 'How can new people get involved?' and 'How can we encourage citizens to recruit for five mins a day?'.

The World Assembly was not being used as the unused foreign policy tool that it is to increase the width of our interactions among UCR's and GCR's. Our Radio, while coming off of a solid term, rested on the shoulders of one individual and was lackluster in development (there is no reason we cannot have well over 25 broadcasts a term). And, we were coming off of a President resigning due to RL and the region uncertain about its direction moving forward. It's all very similar to when I first ran, with the region coming off of a term with an issue within Goldenblock (Sopo going inactive due to a busy RL) and needing one figure to step up, take the region by the horns, and lead it to a brighter future. And that I believe I can and will do.

What has changed since your last term as President for you?

My leadership style. I'm not sure if many people have noticed yet, but I am not being that hyper-active individual taking part in as many projects as possible to ensure development. Rather, I am playing off of the skills within my Administration and helping out on core, fundamental projects behind the scenes. I am also utilizing the skills of my Vice President in key policy programs, such as the CSO Employment Program, cultural development, and integration techniques. I believe I have become better at utilizing the skills of those around me, rather than using my skills and relying on those. And I feel it's really showing a difference.

Why did you choose Aex as your VP?

Everyone know's that I hold Aex in high-esteem. I wouldn't have chosen him as Vice President if that wasn't the case. In Aex I see a great statesmen who very much compliments my skills. He shows a genuine, true grasp of the problems within our region and the need to rectify these problems. And not only that, but he and I have similar visions in where we wish to go these next seventy days. Our skills together really create a "whole", and it's definitely showing in the progression of our Executive.

Was there anyone else that you were asked or were in the running as such for VP?

No. Aex was my original choice from day one because he was the -only- individual I could see myself running with. Of course I jokingly asked Malashaan to be my Vice President, but who wouldn't do such a thing?

If you were up against another experienced ticket, do you think that your victory would be likely?

I cannot comment on that as it would be up to the voters then, but with the support I had publicly and privately for my vision these next seventy days I do believe that I would have had the opportunity to win.

Why did you choose each of the 8 ministers?

Rand, because he was highly involved with the Intern Program and know's the in's and out's of our fundamental Integration issue. He also has quality experience and a history of passionate recruitment. Calvin because he matches my own vision for the Culture ministry in not holding festivals and focusing on organic culture such as promotion of our Cultural Hub. He is also a dedicated worker and understands how to control a large staff. Pichto for Communications because in the past term he showed a dedication to Executive progress like none-other, and a yearning for perfecting our region's Communication systems and the EBC. Carrot because his dedication to Radio is matched by no other, and his brain produces quality innovations for the platform.

Mal because he's very enthusiastic about the World Assembly and fundamentally understands the benefits of utilizing the World Assembly for foreign policy benefits. Brunhilde for Foreign Affairs because I wish for her to build off of the great work she put in last term, and both her and I wish to push an Anti-Nazi conference (CAIN that was just posted) that successfully forges international cooperation against this hateful ideology. Kraken for GA because he's one of the best we have ever had in that position, and his successes will allow him to foster the growth of our newer sailors. And finally Noto for AG as he's one of the best legal minds in our region, and I always like people willing to voice their mind on my team.

What is your favourite thing about Europeia?

The aura of politics and competition we have here makes us truly unique. Our system of governance and our perfection of our system makes us stand out above the rest. One of my favorite things in real life is Political Science and Law (hint hint), and that has been because of this region. The political environment we have here truly cannot be replicated.

What is the most memorable moment(s) of your time in Europeia?

Being pranked by Kraken about a coup in Balder. Unforgettable stuff. If I could meet one European in real life, it would be Kraken, just to kick his ass for that.

Who have you grown closest to in Europeia?

Calvin. Him and I have started in Europeia at the same time, have been outed as potentially being the same person and have grown close over the past two years; primarily due to the fact he was my Vice President for seven months. We have a lot in common in the game, and similar philosophies, and he's always someone I can count on.

If you could bring one person back to Europeia, who would it be?

Swakistek, as I've heard so much comparison between him and I.

What do you think has made you so successful in Europeia?

I feel it largely has to do with me taking initiative. When I first joined the region I was actively involved in the Citizens' Assembly, and even though the legislation I wrote was pretty much trash it showed that I had a will to learn and get involved. I was active and engaged in every Ministry, and that really gave me my first shot at an office (Culture), where I exceeded, which is why my career pretty much went on from there. Whenever I can, I try my best to mingle with everyone in the region, and don't like leaving anyone out. It's one of the main reasons I love Culture so much, because it can give everyone a sense of involvement and show that people truly care for their future in the region. I try and talk to as many citizens as possible and get to know them a bit better, because I feel that it is an important concept to interact and know those whom you work with. That, couple with my enthusiasm and leadership, has really allowed me to be "successful".

What do you think you will be remembered for in the future?

I really do feel it will be Culture, which I have a hand in innovating even today. I took the reigns of Culture and shaped its ideals from being a Ministry that did small activities and festivals to run that ran events such as the Winter Ball and utilized Mixlr for its foundation. I feel it really began a new era within our regional Culture. And today, as President, I feel this Administration is beginning another new era of Culture. One where we don't rely on festivals each and every term, but rather make them unique events and instead focus on organic activity. Also, the forum is named after me so I think that'll have something to do with it.

Do you see any up and coming stars in Europeia at the moment?

Every single person that has joined the forum in the past two months and has remained active is an up and coming star, in my book.

Are you already thinking about re-election? If so, do you think that we can expect you and Aex to be running together again?

In the name of Frank Underwood, you may very well think that but I couldn't possibly comment. We're not even at midterm yet.

President Writinglegend, thank you.

Thank you!

Great interview! Peeling back the layers of the enigma onion that is WL.

Back