Gustavus Fails at Gaming

Gustavus Fails at Sleuth: Shades of Mystery Episode 1- Dear God, What Is That Thing?!

Hello audience, it's me, Gustavus, and you're reading Gustavus Fails at Gaming, the series where I play some awesome games and fail at them spectacularly. Unfortunately, I was pretty busy this weekend with all of the college and NS work that I had to do, and so I could not play Call of Duty: Black Ops. :( But don't worry, I will try and play it this coming weekend, and then every week thereafter until I beat it. :D

For now, I would like to thank Swakistek for giving me the inspiration to play this game, which he mentioned in passing as being more fun than browsing through the old EuroUniversity Administrative Archivivizaza- I forget what it's called already. :p But anyway, although this is a free and very simplistic Flash game where you play detective, I really have had a lot of fun with it before I even started playing it.

I will post Gustavus Fails at Gaming posts about this game and about it its predecessor, Sleuth Noir, as often as I can. And, if the angels smile on me, I might also be able to do Call of Duty: Black Ops, maybe a revival of N.O.V.A. 2, and Back to the Future: The Game (which will release a free episode in a few days! :D) It's gonna be four or five games worth of fail! :lol:

First, go to the site http://shades.playsleuth.com/. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash for optimal performance. If you don't have an account, you press a Create Detective button, and then you start by customizing your detective's appearance- eyes, nose, glasses, mouth, etc.

Most of the options for these features are either drawn by five year olds (for your facial features), make you look like you were simply baked too long in a pizza oven (rather than being any actual shade of skin color), or make you look like you're drunk or on something. But eventually, as I tinkered around a little bit with appearances and random name generators, I started to see a character taking shape. And, with a, "Howdy, y'all!," Billy Chancellor was born. Yes, somebody in this world actually has the name Chancellor. What, audience?! It sounded southern to me, OK? Don't judge me! :ph43r:

Ah, yes, I bet he gets ALL the girls at the Texas barbecues. :p

Now, my young Chancellor, what background shall I choose for you? The game gave me six to choose from. Here they are in their entirety:

Reformed Burglar

A product of the streets, you once made your living from the carefully hidden savings of your fellow citizens. Age eventually brought with it compassion, however, and you were forced to confront the suffering you'd brought upon your victims.

Now, determined to pay back your debt to society, you've chosen to direct your efforts to solving the most heinous crimes in the city.

Starting Contact: Police Desk Sergeant

Disillusioned Police Detective

You used to be a rising star in the city police force. You made detective young, and realized your life's ambition when you were transfered to homicide. It didn't take long after that before you realized just how few murders were actually solved in this city. Corrupt cops and ineffectual city officials made doing your job almost impossible.

So, you quit the force and went into business as a private eye.

Disgraced Doctor

Although not born into riches, it didn't take you long to achieve them for yourself as a successful doctor. It took you even less time to lose it all, when you refused to declare that a murder victim had died of natural causes. You made some powerful enemies and lost your wealth and your career.

Never one to be easily beaten, you've started a new career as a private detective.

Freelance Investigative Reporter

Trained as a writer and a journalist, your real talent has always been in getting to the bottom of things other people want to keep covered up. Your blunt writing has earned you the ire of the editors of all the papers in town, so you're not selling many stories these days.

Luckily for you, your ability to get to the ugly truth will serve you well in your new life as a detective.

Starting Contact: Newspaper Reporter

Retired Lawyer

After years of working as an attorney, you have a knack for changing other people's minds, without their realizing they've changed at all. Unfortunately, you have a bit of a gambling problem, and you seem to have squandered away your retirement savings. So, you've decided to go back to work as a private eye.

You figure it will be a relief to make a living by finding out the truth, rather than by pretending you already know it.

Moonlighting Dilettante

Your wealthy parents have always considered you to be a failure, so even if you are broke, there's no way you're crawling back to them now. Between your genteel upbringing, and the degenerates you've chosen to spend your adult life around, you've learned how to deal with all types.

Determined to make a success of yourself without your parents' help, you've decided to try your hand at being a private eye.

Eenie, meanie, miney, Retired Lawyer! It was partially that, and the fact that there was something slimey about my character's appearance and used car salesman-like smile that screamed either the lawyer or the dilettante. Then I picked lawyer, because as a lawyer Billy Chancellor seemed like the kind of guy who was more than willing to break a few faces to make the court go his way. I mean, come on! Just one look at him and you'll know what I mean! :lol:

MIDTRO OF THE WORD TUTORIAL OVER A STACK OF FILES!

The Beginning

Billy: "The law looked so much different from the other side of things.

It looked exactly like a big pile of cash. So much money I never thought I could burn through it all. Turns out, I was wrong."

Me: "It looked like a lot of laundered cash and *cough* cocaine *cough*- but don't tell anyone. Turns out, I was an idiot."

Billy: "Now the money's all gone and nobody in their right mind would hire a used-up shyster with a gambling problem."

Me: "The last people I asked gave me the phone number for Assholes Anonymous."

Billy: "Enter Patricia. She recognized me on the street one afternoon from her time writing an old law column in the local rag, the Daily Monitor. We kept the "how you do's" short, and I was ready to get back to my self pity when she asked if I was looking for work."

Me: "This reunion was totally not awkward at all. We had only been together for three years before she dumped me and took everything, including my dignity- nothing serious."

Billy: "A man named Zimmerman had come to her looking for help when his brother was found dead. The cops were looking to pin it on him, probably out of laziness more than any probable cause."

Me: "Would this have anything to do with the Zimmerman Telegram? World War I reference for the win!"

Billy: "It wasn't exactly my dream job, but I didn't have a lot of options."

Me: "I could have just said, 'Thanks, but I like unemployment and homelessness better' and clawed my eyes out at the sight of my ex. But somehow I didn't..."

T-t-t-that's all, audience! If you're reading this, leave a comment and tune in for next episode, where I will solve the case using a liberal amount of torture- I mean "deduction." :p Gustavus out! :D

Good Lord, I've unleashed a monster... :p

Seriously, though, I'm honoured. And, furthermore, Gustavus writes brilliantly...can't wait to see the next episode! :D

Seriously, though, I'm honoured. And, furthermore, Gustavus writes brilliantly...can't wait to see the next episode! :D
Billy Chancellor will EAT YOUR SOWL!!!! :p

But seriously, I'm honored that you like my writing so much. I'll definitely post a new episode of Sleuth tomorrow, as well as a new episode for N.O.V.A. 2, and possibly Back to the Future The Game, depending on when Telltale Games allows me to get it. I know, THREE gaming fails in one day?! Am I bat crazy? Yes, yes, I am, audience. :lol:

*smiles* Went to look at the game myself. Not bad! How did you find it?
Well, actually, funny that you mentioned that. I tried to play it once, and then wrote a whole huge ass message about that for posting here, and then...my Internet died, as did all of my commentary on the first part of gameplay. That's why I haven't posted today- I had to restart in order to do a fresh commentary.

As for the game itself, it seems wacky and its characters and mystery one-dimensional, and it tells you the guilty suspect upon quitting for some reason (DO NOT READ THAT if you don't want spoilers) but the gameplay itself is surprisingly cool. I recommend it for the fun factor. :D

Seriously, though, I'm honoured. And, furthermore, Gustavus writes brilliantly...can't wait to see the next episode!  :D

But seriously, I'm honored that you like my writing so much. I'll definitely post a new episode of Sleuth tomorrow, as well as a new episode for N.O.V.A. 2, and possibly Back to the Future The Game, depending on when Telltale Games allows me to get it. I know, THREE gaming fails in one day?! Am I bat crazy? Yes, yes, I am, audience. :lol:
Yaya!

Seriously, though, I'm honoured. And, furthermore, Gustavus writes brilliantly...can't wait to see the next episode!  :D

Yaya!
I think that I'll probably be able to post at least Sleuth and N.O.V.A. 2 today. ^_^

Unfortunately, Sleuth and N.O.V.A. 2 will probably have to wait until later today, and if Telltale Games can actually allow me to download my frickin' Back to the Future episode, then I might be able to throw that in. <_<

Gustavus Fails at Gaming- Sleuth Shades of Mystery Episode 2: Removing Evidence and Contaminating the Crime Scene is A-OK!

Hello once more again, audience! So, now it's time to start solving crimes and taking names on the game of the century, Sleuth: Shades of Mystery! Sorry it's taken a little while to post this update, but as I said earlier, I had a much more comprehensive update already written in the "Compose a Message" section, and then I nearly explodificated my computer with dynamite when I accidentally, get this, hit the back button, causing me to lose everything. :angry: So, I had to find a good time to play this game, and what with school and everything, that took a few days.

So, last episode, I drew an ugly little Texan lawyer named Billy Chancellor, gave him a huge gambling problem (is any background in this game ever good?), and then had him meet his ex-girlfriend (never a good scenario for a guy! :eek:) just so she could give him a murder case. So now I've taken the job, and let's solve the HELL out of this case! Come audience, the game is afoot!!!! (Literally).

First, I have to give props to this game for its music. Even though its drawings are cheesy, its music gives you a sense of both beauty and foreboding dread at what you will find as you explore your first crime scene.

The first room I explored is the Sitting Room. On the right side of your screen, there's a button to magically teleportate yourself to James "Telegram" Zimmerman's bedroom, and on the left, I can use my mouse to pan around the sitting room waiting for the mouse to change to a disembodied hand that tells me to click on stuff. If only being a detective was that easy!

Obviously, the first thing I click on is the body lying in the middle of the room. I'd have to be a moron to completely ignore this. :p When I click on the body (ewwww gross!), it says,

"CORPSE

The body of James Zimmerman

*Cause of Death: Blunt Trauma"

Thank you, floatie text that shouted "CORPSE," for letting me automatically know the cause of death without any Medical Examiner training whatsoever! And people told him they could never get through his thick skull. Ha! Looks like a rogue clown with a tire iron proved them all wrong. Yep, that's the end of the case. I am THAT smart- nothing more to see here, folks. Let's arrest the entire staff of Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey! (It has nothing to do at all with that traumatic elephant ride that I got as a kid. :p)

Nah, just kidding. What's this here? A bloody footprint found at the crime scene?! Ooh, gimme gimme.

"FOOTPRINT

A bloody footprint

*Found at the Crime Scene"

That's what I just said! Either I'm getting smarter at this game, or this floatie text is not being very helpful at all. And- what the?

I can "Take Item" or "Put Item Back." Wait a minute, I can take a bloody footprint from a crime scene? How exactly, game? Do I, like, vacuum it up and put it in a cup? But I don't have my "Tamper With Evidence" vacuum with me! And how do I put it back? Did I get bloody footprint on my hands? Oh god, put it back, put it back! Here you go, audience, how's about you have a nice, bloody footprint.

So now that I've taken bloody footprint evidence from a crime scene with no trouble from the police guarding the crime scene at all, I then go into this blue vase. Why have you chosen to click on this, hand? I have no clue, so let's reach my arm into a vase (without getting stuck, apparently) and then see what we have here...

Aha, audience, a note! What does the floatie text, O Wise Oracle that it is, have to say about this?

"SIGNED NOTE

James! The plan is off. I'll contact you later.
-Natalie Minnow"

Don't worry, audience, there's nothing suspicious at all about this note, I assure you. This doesn't imply in the least that James and Natalie were involved in hot, sweaty, passionate love, and that maybe the crazy girlfriend murdered him. For all we know, it could be that Natalie just wanted to let him know that she couldn't make it to dinner and a movie tonight.

And she did so by breaking into his window dressed as a rogue clown, ironically getting through his thick skull (like many girls want to do to their boyfriends) with a tire iron, and then leaving this note for him at the bottom of a vase, instead of just, you know, letting him know they were over by carrier pigeon, smoke signal, or telegram like most people do these days. And I'm sure the fact that her last name is "Minnow" means nothing either. It's a pretty common surname in this town. :p

How romantic! And since I'm in the habit of poking corpses and vacuuming bloody footprints and overall just screwing with the chain of evidence, I might as well take this note. She didn't do it at all! In fact, audience, I know it was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Wrench! Oh, wait, wrong game. :lol:

Since there's nothing to click on in the sitting room anymore, up to his bedroom we go to split up and look for clues, and then set a trap for the rogue clown Natalie Minnow while Shaggy and Scooby (after much persuasion of the Scooby Snacks) run into her and get comically chased with a bloody tire iron. Isn't this a fun game, audience?

It seems the only thing that I can click on is this green basket. Maybe there's another note? Nope, it's empty! Great, thanks for putting that there for no reason at all, game! That was entirely pointless, so let's leave with our footprint and note and then go get Natalie Minnow. "But wait, you say! It's too early in the show! How can you have solved the case already?" True, usually, we need to come to a commercial break or two or three before saving the day in the last ten minutes of the show!

And here it comes now! Gah, more floatie text! And a change in music to something even more awesome!

"TUTORIAL TIP

(Geez, calm down, stop shouting, game! You're going to hurt your throat!)

Now that you've searched the crime scene, it's time to talk to your client, Michael Zimmerman. Marcel lives in Doylesburgh, in the poor part of town.

If you found the Signed Note in the large blue vase, you've also uncovered one additional suspect: Natalie Minnow. When you speak with Marcel, ask him about Natalie's whereabouts so you can visit her later.

If you did not find the Signed Note, you may want to return to the crime scene for a closer look."

And what else would I do to Natalie, ask her to the senior prom? And if you did not find the Signed Note, then this game is rightly saying that you're been a noobzor, even though it just gave away what the note said, rendering going back for it pointless.

That's all for Sleuth: Shades of Mystery today, audience! If I have time, I might post N.O.V.A. 2 Episode 5 later on today. Also, it doesn't look like Back to the Future The Game is happening for a while, since Telltale Games is taking FOREVA to get back to me on my support question about "Can I download my fucking game already, please? It's February, for Pete's sake! You said I would have it! Now give it to me- ARGH!" (No, I didn't actually say that. That would have been a FAIL! :p)

But luckily, I can still ask those friends of mine with Xboxes if they want to play Call of Duty: Black Ops. If that doesn't work out :rolleyes:, then I will try again next week and start a let's play of Dead Space for iPad instead, which seems fitting considering that Dead Space 2 is awesome on other platforms as well. By the way, if you liked this episode...

DO AS THE HAWT GIRL COMMANDS! :p

In summary, tomorrow I will be posting a new episode of Cute, Win, Fail, Gustavus Fails at Gaming episodes of Call of Duty: Black Ops or Dead Space for iPad, N.O.V.A. 2, and Sleuth; a movie review of Dead Snow (a Norwegian zombie movie that I'm going to see at a film festival tonight- woo hoo!); and a new chapter of From Europeia With Love. Also check out the latest chapter of my newest story, Basil the Great. Gustavus out! :D

Gustavus Fails at Gaming- N.O.V.A. 2 Episode 5: Turrets FTW

Hello once more again, audience! On the last episode of Gustavus Fails at N.O.V.A. 2, I played a flashback episode where I, as grizzled, sarcastic ex-Space Marine and now Space Marine again (I never get to retire, do I?) Kal Wardin, saved the desert planet of Tatooine (I mean Scorpius) by playing tower defense with some automatic turrets.

Sorry for the long hiatus, but now we're back in the present day, audience. Snap out of the flashback, audience! It's time to read some intro text:

"After sabotaging the secret war factory on Aquarius, Kal hijacks an enemy all-terrain vehicle to reach the research facility where Yelena [his A.I. girlfriend :p] and his ship are being held."

Oh, and by the way, did I mention already that I HEART TURRETS! Manning a turret while the car is driving is pretty much what you get to do for the majority of this level.

So, now my car has busted through the garage door Batmobile style! Let's rock and roll, Robin (he's the alien I forced to drive for me :p)!

Kal: "Who wants a smooth ride, anyway?"

Me: "He speaks truth to power!"

So, like the mecha that I rode in earlier, there are two different fire buttons: one to fire the infinite ammo machine gun (always a treat hyper.gif), and another to fire rockets.

Vehicle Enemy: "Incoming- OUCH!"

Me: "Good enemy! Sit, stay, roll over, DIE!"

Another Vehicle Enemy: "Kill that bastard!"

Me: "Did somebody place a nice hot order of BLAM?"

*Enemy explodes after I fire a couple of rockets*

Me: "I thought so!"

Next, I took out TWO vehicle enemies shooting at me at the same time. Ooh, such a challenge. :p

My only gripe with this level so far is that the rockets fire too slowly, like they did in N.O.V.A., and it takes two hits from the rockets to blow up a single vehicle enemy, so that means you could lose a lot of health from the enemy turrets before they die. You also can't fire the machine gun and the rockets at the same time. But you can switch between them pretty quickly, so it's not THAT big of a gripe.

Oops, another vehicle enemy came up from nowhere and almost reduced my health to zero! :eek:

Dukes of Hazzard style jump across a cliff! YAY! :D They set up a roadblock with three boxes and two human enemies! NOT YAY! :( But I can blow up said roadblock with one hit to the boxes from a rocket! Exploding boxes! YAY! Maybe the rockets aren't so sucky after all! They appear to work extremely well on the internal organs of human enemies! :p

Three more vehicles destroyed, and then PROGRESS SAVED! Hooray! That's what I like to hear! Nothing can stop us now, Robin!

:p:

Couple more vehicle enemies...oh, look, a ship! Can I shoot it? No? Rats!

Oops, I missed hitting the roadblock with a missile, and ow, half my health is gone! WAH! :( But I get to take out my frustration at failing at aiming on this vehicle! >:)

Robin: "Behind us, sir!"

Me: "Whoa, you can spin this thing 360 degress? The future rules!"

And now, kids, if you look to your right, you'll see OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD a vehicle enemy jumping off a dirt ramp like in dune buggy racing or something!

Not to fear, the machine gun is here! gun.gif

PROGRESS SAVED! Woo hoo! :D

Now it's a larger roadblock of five exploding boxes and two human enemies. Which to hit? Hmmm...hey Robin, can you take, you know, driving lessons? My turret's crosshairs are swinging all over the place! And, a missile to the center box! Nicely done, myself! Thank you, myself! :p

Two more vehicle enemies and we're home free! :) Hey, wait, they lifted up the bridge! No fair! :angry: Why can't we just Dukes of Hazzard jump the bridge like we did with that cliff?

And a cutscene where Robin tries to escape, but Kal points a pistol at his facehole and then straps a sticky mine to his chest and says, "Wait here." Poor Robin! All he can do now is flail. flail.gif

Oh, and by the way, for those of you who are curious (namely, Rachel), the above is a picture of Kal Wardin. We don't get to see his face, but I imagine you might find soldiers in power armor uniforms cute. Sorry, though, I think his heart belongs to Yelena. :p

Kal: "It seems we'll have to lower the bridge. The control consoles are always on the top floor."

Me: "Stop talking to yourself and get to the control console already! And besides, you don't know if that's true. They could be playing an April Fools joke on you by moving it to the basement."

OK- ammo check! 40/286 assault rifle, 10/40 shotgun, 19/infinite pistol, and 2 out of five frag grenades! Let's kick some butt!

Two guys are not happy about me busting down the door. I wonder how they would like the taste of SHOTGUN? :violentgun: It would not be very good, I imagine. :p Ooh, ammo candy! :D

Next floor, there's one grey enemy and one gay Communist pink enemy (If you don't know what I mean, see my previous episodes). Shooting liberal enemies like those guys would be AA's type of game. :p

I got the grey guy, but the pink guy slapped me and caused me to miss him twice! NOBODY makes me miss and gets away with it! Here, about some BLAM?

Next floor are two pink guys, and now they don't even TRY to move. Strange, but that's OK, I'll just BLAM you both, no slapping me this time, k? Oh, hello grey and pink enemy, you've arrived just in time to receive HEDSHAWTS! :p Now I have 10/29 rounds in my shotgun. There better be some ammo candy upstairs or I will be pissed.

Nope, there's just another grey guy and three pink enemies. Yawn. Nothing to it! BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Ooh, what's this? A puzzle box? It's so prettiful! And blue! That's my favorite color! :p Ow! I failed, and it zapped half my health? Grrr!!!! :angry: And now I succeeded, and it just gave me three frags! Thanks box of puzzledness! :D

(If you want, audience, I can replay the puzzle mini-games and post screenshots of them so you can try to solve them yourselves! Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Ooh, what's this? Yellow armor! I like, totally have to have that NAO!

Kal: "Jetpack armor...I don't know how these guys do it; I always hated to fly."

Me: "Well, you better put that jetpack armor on soon! It would be awesome to fly and go like PEW PEW PEW at enemies all death from above and what not!

Oh, there's a glowy orange door with a tappable circle on it! And it lowered teh bridge! WE DID IT, audience! :D Now, this arrow tells me that my vehicle is right outside, so I decided the quickest way would be to jump off the railing. After all, my power armor did survive an orbital jump, so how hard can four stories be?

OW, MY ENTIRE BODY! I died?! I guess I was wrong... :eek:

Fortunately, I only had to redo the puzzle box and bridge lowering part, and then it was just a simple walk down the stairs, which I would have done earlier if I was smart. :p Oh, and I found 40 credits that I had missed. :D

Hey, a pink guy! Easily taken care of with my shotgun! :) And now a vehicle- also, apparently, taken care of with two shotgun blasts! :blink: I mean, I knew my shotgun was awesome, but not THAT awesome! :D

After a run and gun battle with several pink and grey enemies, which left my poor shotgun with only 10 rounds in the magazine and 17 on backup :(, I found 40 more credits :), got in the car, and resumed manning the TURRET OF DEATHSAUCE! :D

Hey, vehicle, no following me! Now be a good enemy and explode! :p Another day, another roadblock, another rocket! Two more vehicle enemies and then...Dukes of Hazzard Jump #2! Woo hoo! :lol:

PROGRESS SAVED! Woot! :)

I have to fight A FUCKING SHIP?! I think I just laid an egg- and I'm a guy! :blink: Oh, no, wait, false alarm- it just dropped two human enemies with rocket launchers and no aim. After they die, a couple more appear out of nowhere this time, but they meet a similar fate. >:C But some them hit me! Buddy, you basically brought a knife to a machine gun fight! :p

I can hold the fire button down all day long, baby! Oh, and PROGRESS SAVED! :D

I blew up a roadblock, and then almost got killed when the NYTimes app beeped a notification at me with more news about Egypt! Egypt doesn't exist in the future, floaty notificationy text, so shut it! I almost got killed because of you! :angry:

Now we've made it through the door, but it's locked! Oh noez! :eek:

Kal: "As the wise man says, When the door is locked and Yelena's not around, the answer lies in superior firepower."

Me: "I liked you better when you were not spouting one-liners and just dealing death- you can do that without talking, can't you?"

OK, so now I have to blow up the exit door. What else is new? HOLY CRAP A MECHA! :eek: Hahahaha, eat my rockets, giant robot douchebag! :p

And some more rockets to blow up the door, and...we're outa here! YEEEHAW!!!!

Dukes of Hazzard Jump #3! And there's #4! My lucky day! :D

Robin: "Behind us, sir!"

Me: "Is that all you ever say? Shut up already! I'm on it!"

Lots of KABOOM later...

We're finally at the entrance to Nimbus Base, where Kal's one true love Yelena is being held captive!

Kal: "The door console should be around here."

Me: "No kidding, you idiot! And I thought it was with yo momma! God, I can't believe I have to save the universe as YOU!" (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p)

Up the stairs, and there's two grey guys and a battle suit guy. I switched to my assault rifle to take them all out quickly, and then promptly backed up and fell down the stairs (FAIL! :p) just as two grey guys came. Then I got some shotgun ammo candy, BLAMified their faces with the shotgun, and got some more ammo candy to go up to 10/31 for the shotgun, with my assault rifle now at 40/240.

Then I ran across the room and tapped another glowy orange door to open the gate to Nimbus Base. Then Kal said, "What's next?" And I said, "What could possibly go wrong?"

Then I got a rocket launcher in the far corner of the room (and 40 more credits! :D) and realized, to my utter delight, that I would have to face off against another mecha! :unsure: Fortunately, I had nine rockets.

It took me five to destroy the mecha though. And then I used up the last of my rockets to destroy two vehicle enemies that nearly brought my health down to zero, reason being that I thought they would blow up soon after just two rockets, but NOOOO, they couldn't even blow up when they were on fire. Goodbye and good riddance, sucky rocket launcher. <_<

Good God, another one! Please, by all means, make my day by shooting at me. And you're not feeling lucky at all, punk, because I just blew you up with three shotgun blasts (I missed once), whereas it took me four rockets to destroy two of your buddies.

Another cutscene! This time, Robin, still worried about that mine on his chest, gets bonked with the pistol again by Kal, who then removes the mine, and tells him, "Start running. See if you can reach another planet." After Robin dutifully runs away and pisses his armor, Kal then reattaches the mine to the Batmobile and...BOOM. Wait, that was stupid, Kal! Now I have to walk the rest of the way, no thanks to you! :angry: :p

Yelena: "I tried to hide myself in the base mainframe, but they found me. I'll need you to be quick; they are searching for ways to erase me."

Me: "With McAfee Anti-AI Security!"

OUTRO OF GREYNESS AND I'LL-SAVE-YOU-NESS!

"Congratulations!

Stats

Headshots: 7
Enemies Killed: 111
Favorite Weapon: Shotgun
Accuracy: 34%
CR: 80 (Wait a minute, that's not right! I found three credit thingies! :()
Play Time: 34:05"

Now my total credits are 304, but I still don't have enough to purchase any upgrades. Balls! :(

That's all for Gustavus Fails at N.O.V.A. 2! Please leave a comment if you liked this episode and tune in next time, when I finally get to save Yelena, which I would have done last episode if not for the random flashback. :p Gustavus out! :D

Gustavus Fails at Gaming- Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus Episode 1: Helicopter Ride from Hell

Unfortunately, audience, I don't think I'll be playing Call of Duty: Black Ops anytime soon. My friends just have way different schedules than me, and besides, I don't know how I could do commentary on the game without annoying the hell out of them. :lol:

And so, for this Gustavus Fails at Gaming, I will be playing the closest thing I can get to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the iPad, another first-person shooter made by Gameloft, our favorite French mobile ripper-offer company, called Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.

In the previous game, entitled Modern Combat: Sandstorm, you played as a strong, silent no-name Marine named Chief who basically runs around with his squad in an unnamed Middle Eastern hotspot killing a whole bunch of generic Middle Eastern terrorists and getting sand in his helmet in order to save the day!

What new hordes of generic, slightly racist stereotypes of cardboard enemies will I have to face this time? Let's cut to the intro sequence and find out, audience! :p

Green words appear on the screen:

"Colombian Coast, North of Conflict Zone
Operation Troika, Day 17
Sgt. Anderson, Razor Squad"

Razor Squad- they give you the shave of your DEATH! :lol:

So, now we're just flying in a helicopter over some jungle, which we see over the shoulder of the pilot. He presses a few buttons- cut to a city with the helicopter flying by. And there's another helicopter on the right of the helicopter I'm in. All's well in Generic Latin American Town. I'm tempted to say, "What could possibly go wrong?" And I just did. :p

Then cut to me as Sergeant Anderson looking around, all like, "Bored. When can I start owning some faces off?" Here's a screenshot for Rachel:

You know you want to feel those muscles, baby. :creepy: (BTW, sorry the picture is sideways: that's the way the iPad takes screenshots for some reason. <_<)

And now our helicopter flies past a couple of guys just hanging out in their treehouse, playing Terrorists and Americans, and one of them has...a ROCKET LAUNCHER?!?!?! And the other kid has an AK-47! When do they start teaching you to kill people- elementary school? :blink:

Kid with rocket launcher nods at kid with AK-47 and then runs past his friend exit stage left. My face is not liking where this is going... :unsure:

Now we see the underside of the helicopter from a ruined building beneath it. A rope is thrown down and I apparently start to climb down...then it's Rocket Launcher Kid again, huddled against a wall opposite the helicopter. Uh oh Spaghetti-Os! :mellow: And it hits the helicopter in the tail, with me on the rope! Perhaps I jinxed everybody with, "What could possibly go wrong?" :p

I'M FALLING, AUDIEEEEEENCEEEE!!!! And now I'm waving mah arms in slow motion! flail.gif

Ouch, right through the building we saw before and onto the floor! Oof! :wacko:

Meanwhile, the helicopter's spinning out of control! It's not looking good! Cut to me with a plank of wood on my chest. "Grunt," I grunt. I push the plank of wood off. "Grunt," I grunt again. I think to myself, "Those eight broken ribs are going to bruise." :p More helicopter spinningness- I run up against a wall- helicopter falls and:

That's a rather outsized explosion for a single helicopter. :lol:

Then cut to me again as I take out two kids with my M16 assault rifle. After that, as I look down my laser sights, I see Rocket Launcher Kid pointing his namesake rocket launcher in my face. Cut to me- GASP! Epic duck- BOOM! And ow, I just got hit in the face by the shouting words "MODERN COMBAT 2," followed by "BLACK PEGASUS" appearing in slow motion. OUTRO OF BLACK SMOKYNESS!

I'll post the next episode soon! Gustavus out! :D

HUGE muscles are a thing guys think girls are into but no :p

He was in a suit.... -_-
Ah, I tried, but at least I didn't "lie to you" this time. :p

That suit is still AWESOME! :D

And I know you're not a fan of video games, but I hope you can read future episodes for the commentary at least. :)

Back