ForUp - Election Edition

Below is the first half of the update for the election, this is a rough draft and by no means near completion. I just wanted to get it posted for discussion as I'm currently waiting to hear back from Anumia with his list of things he would like covered.

Also, Kraken, what would you like to see in this update? It seems the last two weeks were kind slow with the elections occupying most people's time.

It's election time again here in Europeia, and this time around we find three term president Anumia deciding not to run. Two challengers stood for election to the office of president. Kraketopia with Pope Lexus X as his VP, and Drecq, with Elias Greyjoy as his VP. After several days of campaigning and an interesting debate. Forty-one Europeians turned out to vote in what started as a very close race. Initial polls showed an almost even divide between the two candidates, and early opinions were split on who would actually take the Goldenblock this term.

However, after several hours of voting it became clear that Kraketopia would become the next president of the Republic, and with a final tally of twenty-five votes to sixteen. Kraken managed to secure his first term as president after only seven months of residence in Europeia. Following his election his ministerial cabinet was confirmed Sunday, the 25th. Except for position of GA, with his appointee facing scrutiny, but expecting to be confirmed following a by election to fill the Senate seat vacated by the election of President Kraketopia.

President Kraketopia's new cabinet is as follows.

Foreign Cultivation – Lethen
Foreign Affairs – Anumia
Culture – Zenny
Interior – Dreqc
Communications – Yuri Razhtigr
Grand Admiral – Seven Deaths
Attorney General - Hyanjo

As it stands now, only Common-Sense Politics has stood for election to Senate, though several other names have been mentioned as possible contenders. It remains to be seen who will be standing when the polls open tomorrow.

In other news, long time Chief Justice, and newly elected VP Pope Lexus X reached the end of his term and CJ and resigned his post to focus on his new job as VP. After his many efforts to bring Europeian law to newcomers, his work has greatly increased interest in the judiciary and the abilities of those who aspire to practice law within. Including running the judicial training center where several lectures and workshops have been maintained by him.

Malashaaan has been nominated as a new associate justice to fill the set on the bench vacated by PLX's move to the Goldenblock. Malashaan is very qualified to serve in this role having previously held several high ranking positions, most recently as VP under president Anumia. His past experience includes, but is not limited to two terms as AG, eight terms as senator, with seven as the speaker, and a previous term as associate justice.

Update to reflect the fact I was confirmed:

The Senate unanimously voted to confirm Malashaan's appointment to fill the seat on the Court vacated by PLX's move to the Goldenblock. Malashaan is very qualified to serve in this role having previously held several high ranking positions, most recently as VP under president Anumia. His past experience includes, but is not limited to two terms as AG, eight terms as senator, with seven as the speaker, and a previous partial-term as associate justice.

Ok. I'm finally finished with my 60 hour work week. This is at the top of my to do list for tomorrow. I'm optimistic for a Saturday release.

Malashaan said:
Update to reflect the fact I was confirmed:

The Senate unanimously voted to confirm Malashaan's appointment to fill the seat on the Court vacated by PLX's move to the Goldenblock. Malashaan is very qualified to serve in this role having previously held several high ranking positions, most recently as VP under president Anumia. His past experience includes, but is not limited to two terms as AG, eight terms as senator, with seven as the speaker, and a previous partial-term as associate justice.
President/Senator/Speaker etc should all be capitalised, but otherwise this bit looks good.

Ok, I'm typing this up right now. If anyone has additions now is the time to add them, this is, as I mentioned, a rough draft, which means there will be punctuation and other type errors. I will fix these in the final draft. I'm going to try to publish this tomorrow to give some more time to add thoughts.

2nd draft no really substantial changes.

It's election time again here in Europeia, and this time around we find three term president Anumia deciding not to run. Two challengers stood for election to the office of president. Kraketopia with Pope Lexus X as his VP, and Drecq, with Elias Greyjoy as his VP. After several days of campaigning and an interesting debate. Forty-one Europeians turned out to vote in what started as a very close race. Initial polls showed an almost even divide between the two candidates, and early opinions were split on who would actually take the Goldenblock this term.

However, after several hours of voting it became clear that Kraketopia would become the next president of the Republic, and with a final tally of twenty-five votes to sixteen. Kraken managed to secure his first term as president after only seven months of residence in Europeia. Following his election, his ministerial cabinet was confirmed Sunday, the 25th.

President Kraketopia's new cabinet is as follows.

Foreign Cultivation – Lethen
Foreign Affairs – Anumia
Culture – Zenny
Interior – Dreqc
Communications – Yuri Razhtigr
Grand Admiral – Common-Sense Politics
Attorney General - Hyanjo

Following Kraketopia's move from the Senate to the Goldenblock, a by-election was with Modernsin being named the winner.

In other news, long time Chief Justice, and newly elected VP Pope Lexus X reached the end of his term as CJ and resigned his post as justice to focus on his new job as VP. His many efforts to bring Europeian law to newcomers has greatly increased interest in the judiciary and the abilities of those who aspire to practice law within. These efforts include running the judicial training center where several lectures and workshops have been maintained by him.

Malashaan and Anumia have been nominated as new associate justices. Malashaan is very qualified to serve in this role having previously held several high ranking positions, most recently as VP under president Anumia. His past experience includes, but is not limited to two terms as AG, eight terms as senator, with seven as the speaker, and a previous term as associate justice. Anumia, has most recently served as President of the Republic, and several terms as justice and in the Senate.

I'll provide a redraft:

It was election time again recently in Europeia, and with three-term President Anumia not challenging for a fourth, two challengers stood for election to the Goldenblock: Kraketopia with Pope Lexus X as his VP, and Drecq with Elias Greyjoy as his VP. After several days of campaigning and an interesting debate, forty-one Europeians turned out to vote in what started as a very close race. Initial polls showed an almost even split between the two candidates, and early opinions were divided on who would actually take the Goldenblock this term.

However, after several hours of voting it became clear that Kraketopia would become the next President of the Republic, and with a final tally of twenty-five votes to sixteen. Kraken managed to secure his first term as President after only seven months of residence in Europeia. Following his election, his Cabinet of Ministers was confirmed Sunday, May 25th.

President Kraketopia's new Cabinet is as follows:

Grand Admiral: Common-Sense Politics
Foreign Affairs: Anumia
Foreign Cultivation: Lethen
Interior: Drecq
Culture: Zenny Anumia
Communications: Yuri R. Somerset
Attorney General: Hyanygo

Following Kraketopia's move from the Senate to the Goldenblock, a by-election was held, with Modern Sin returning to the august body.

In other news, long time Chief Justice and newly-elected VP Pope Lexus X reached the end of his term as CJ and resigned his judicial post to focus on the new job of Vice President. His many efforts to bring Europeian law to newcomers has greatly increased interest in the judiciary and the abilities of those who aspire to practice law within. These efforts include running the Judicial Training Centre where several lectures and workshops have been maintained by him.

Replacing Lexus and outgoing Justice Peaceful Llamas are Anumia and Malashaan. Malashaan is very qualified to serve in this role having previously held several high ranking positions, most recently as Vice President under President Anumia. His past experience includes two terms as Attorney General, eight terms as Senator - seven of those as the Speaker - and a previous term as an Associate Justice. Anumia most recently served as President of the Republic, has multiple terms in the Senate under his belt, and is the longest serving Chief Justice in Europeia. Shortly after the confirmation, the Court announced they had selected Malashaan to serve as Chief Justice.

Fixed up some spelling, capitalised things, adjusted punctuation, fiddled with language, and aligned the Cabinet order with their forum heading.

Anumia said:
This is the whole thing? :unsure: I thought this was just one section.
(Pssst ... I think Kraken mentioned doing shorter, more frequent Foreign Updates in his platform ... )

Sure, but in the first post Yuri said this article was the "first half" and r3n talked about having several paragraphs "per article" :p

If Yuri can confirm this is it I'll format it and organise the Ambassadors! :)

I have nothing else to add unless someone wants to write up about what the navy has been involved in. I was planning to put out an update every two weeks.

Right, well, I'm finalising the Ambassador assignments and getting people sorted out for it; can release this shortly :)

Back