CSO Changes? [EBC ARTICLE SUBMISSION]

The Future of the CSO

In this weeks news in Europeia, Vice President Pope Lexus X has returned from his absence due to RL inconveniences. Since his executive term as Vice President to President Kraken started, our Vice President has been absent, causing some slight worry across Europeia. June 9th, early morning at 34 Goldenblock Avenue, our beloved Vice President announced his return to duty in a brief apology statement to the public crowd. In his brief apology, and in comments, it is said that the CSO is in needing of a "clean-up" and "revision to make it better". In his apology statement our Vice President states:

"...I will be examining the CSO system to rectify the issues which arose at the start of this term and thereafter consider more meaningful reform of the CSO overall."

This raises the question over what will happen to the CSO? What is needed to be done to make the CSO lively again? This issue is not only slightly addressed in the Vice President's apology statement, but a large debate has erupted in the Grand Hall about what needs to be done to the CSO, with some hints at swiping the Google Application system and reforming the CSO all together. PhDre brings up a great point in his talk saying," Does the CSO need to exist if individual Ministry sign ups exist (or vice versa)?" This is a great point at why does both of these exist when they are (practically) considered the same thing.

Malashaan brings up a point about the Google applications,"This may be heresy, but I'm not convinced that moving to the Google form was a helpful development. It's no easier for applicants, and I found it awkward as hell from the administrative side. It would have been far easier (at least for me) to just have forum post applications I could deal with." With this statement it is very clear that this system is too complex and awkward, to a point where an administrative for it finds it "awkward as hell".

Some responses to Malashaan's statement was one by Lethen," If it's even a pain on the admin side, then maybe we should scrap it."

Anumia also had a response,"Seconded. Although I never really dealt with it, the few glimpses I had of Swak's spread sheeting monstrosity led me to think it was probably unwieldy."

r3naissanc3r also had something to say," MD and I were also discussing this recently, and we both thought the form is quite excessive. (Also, seriously, an aptitude test?!). We really ought to return to simple applications though good ol' forum posts. "

Moronist Decisions put in his/her judgment,"Seriously, as r3n mentioned, be done with that Google form already."

It seems like the favorite thing to do to the CSO is to take the Google applications off and return to forum applications. Will this spark more controversy? Can the CSO return to its normal state?

Some other ideas suggested were 'Help Wanted' Ads in the CSO, AM's serving the CSO, a waiting program for people waiting to be citizens to get involved early, and an overhaul to the CSO. Vice President Pope Lexus X has said that he has plans for,"...reformation of the CSO process is a priority for me at present."

There's now only waiting time for a decision to be made over what will be happening to the CSO. What do you think will happen? Will the Google application be wiped? Will the CSO have a "clean-up"? If so, in what way will it be cleaned? There's only one thing for certain, and that is that the President and Vice President will surely make a prodigious decision, and one that will succor all of Europeia in the end.

Article written by: writinglegend48

Back