[Arnhelm Alt] Opinion: Kaz Must Go as DEIA

At some point, I have to stand up for myself as a voter and as a citizen, because I'm starting to feel like the insinuation is that I am a sycophant or a moron.
That’s not what I said or implied either. At worst, I think you have an unexamined bias towards deference to executive power and the regional security establishment.

I trust former Attorney General Lloenflys' assessment of the situation, who handled the whole situation with grace and empathy. Too much empathy, perhaps.
Oh! Too much empathy! Who knows where this rampant empathy could lead if unchecked.

Do you really not understand that that’s why I posted this transcript? Because I’m sick of the insinuation that Lloenflys let me off easy somehow, when I continue to maintain I did nothing wrong. It seems that there’s no recourse for me to clear my name. So I posted my word-for-word transcript of the radio show, so that people can see the truth in plain black and white. And if I’m lying, I should be charged.

Oh! Too much empathy! Who knows where this rampant empathy could lead if unchecked.
The problem is that the empathy people have tried to show you is not being returned//shoved back in people's faces.

The problem is that the empathy people have tried to show you is not being returned//shoved back in people's faces.
Oh I’m soooooo sorry that I’m not being appropriately grateful in your assessment for not being charged for a crime I didn’t commit. 🙄

I wasn't going to say more on this, because I've already said my piece, but I feel like we're at the point where me saying nothing just fosters this narrative that McEntire did nothing wrong and that this is all a grand coverup. So let me make a couple of points:

(1) I'm suspecting you didn't read the filings in the recent Court case closely enough to see that the information you disclosed that wasn't previously public knowledge has already been commented on, in a public filing, by Kazaman's defense team, during which it was stated what information was deemed classified. I'm not going to do the homework for you, but if you're interested you can find it there.

(2) The context of when this information was revealed is important. There were ongoing discussions happening throughout this entire period between the executive and various parties. Any information that was not public knowledge could easily have played into the way those discussions played out. The DEIA's job is to try to preserve protected information. By engaging in the radio show as you did, you already were in a position where it was very possible - perhaps likely - that you were going to release information that - whether you thought it was significant or not and whether you actually had any intention to do it willfully or not - that you had discovered in the Senate hearing. As we stated in the court filing, you did that.

(3) I chose not to prosecute because it seemed like doing so would further inflame a situation that naturally was going to die down. I made clear in my comments that I believe you did release information in the radio show that you learned during the Senate hearing. I strongly suspect you're going to say that information wasn't important enough to be classified or protected, but that wasn't your call to make and you were not in a position to know whether any of those pieces of information were coming up in discussions. Instead of recognizing that maybe it wasn't a good idea to double down and insist that nothing you said could possibly have been classified or protected, you decided you were 100% in the right. You have continued to assert that. If I had known that you would interpret my decision not to prosecute as evidence that you had done nothing wrong, despite my statements to the contrary, I would absolutely have prosecuted.

(4) I don't think Forilian should prosecute at this point. The conversations that made this information sensitive at the time are long since passed. The information has been available for a long time because you chose to ignore the fact that the administration was concerned about its potential release or that it could affect ongoing negotations (which are no longer ongoing). The time to prosecute would have been when I foolishly declined to do so. At this point, prosecuting would just take this region through an unnecessary court case, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I would completely understand if Forilian made a different decision, because you continue to assert that you didn't post anything that could possibly be considered classified.

(5) The problem I've had with your approach on this entire issue has been your unwillingness to ask yourself if maybe you might possibly be waging an unnecessary, antagonistic crusade. This isn't about aggressive oversight. It isn't about due process. This is about you deciding the government did you wrong starting with Rand's Senate communications before any of this got messy, and extending to virtually every interaction you have had with the government since then. And rather than just saying "I think there was a mistake made by the government here" you have instead escalated repeatedly. When finding out the government took down a radio show, you posted it again in direct contradiction to that decision. When told by me that you had very likely committed a violation by doing so, you ignored that - took the decision not to prosecute as vindication of your decision to make the information available, later on reposted a link to the audio, then posted a transcript. All because you feel like someone wronged you and because you feel that you couldn't possibly be in the wrong here.

I am going to do my best to make this be my last comment on this issue. I'm not interested in continuing to litigate, and relitigate it, and relitigate it over and over again. I apologize to everyone else in the region for whom this now continues to be an issue because I mistakenly thought that choosing not to prosecute this case might allow us all to move on. I screwed up, and would have done differently if I was able to do it over again.

I've been attempting to stay out of this dumpster fire but I have to speak up on something.

@Lloenflys you have nothing to apologise for. You didn't screw up. What you did was make a very tough decision that not many people could have made, and made it with the intent of lowering tensions and trying to move ahead from a crap situation in a positive way, of drawing a line under a ridiculous saga. You did your job admirably well, and should not be beating yourself up for this, nor what has followed. The continuing firestorm is not of your making, and I honestly believe that whether you had prosecuted or not, it wouldn't have mattered - this nonsense would still be ongoing regardless. You did good, buddy. This isn't on you

Last edited:
FWIW i approached Fori about prosecuting Mac. Tbh I wish someone had because this vendetta and chest thumping from Mac is getting old quickly

Effectively all of your actions since this began have only had the effect of whittling down your support within the region. You went from handily defeating a recall effort to narrowly missing re-election. Followed that up with a poorly performing Presidential campaign that at least partially seems to have just been a Kazaman seeking missile. There is a clear correlation between continuing over aggressive and unproductive behavior and your falling support among the citizenry.

I’m not gonna lie, I don’t think McEntire cares about public support. I think she sees a case where she was wronged by someone, and generally not being heard by citizens.

I think the latter point is totally valid, as I think this region does like to brush off the issues citizens have if it’s not delivered the way they want to hear it

I’m not gonna lie, I don’t think McEntire cares about public support. I think she sees a case where she was wronged by someone, and generally not being heard by citizens.

I think the latter point is totally valid, as I think this region does like to brush off the issues citizens have if it’s not delivered the way they want to hear it
I am just confused about what we're supposed to do with this?

The insinuation continues to be that we aren't "hearing McEntire" or aren't doing enough to "assess whether she is right."

But plenty of us have given this debate and discussions hours of engagement and discussion. And we just don't agree. So we're at an impasse. I am not some dancing monkey with cymbals who is just cheering along with the mob. I've actually been engaged in this particular issue from day one, and have my informed opinions.

McEntire has constitutional free right to keep up the fight if she wants. But we're going in circles — and not for lack of thought or discussion. So, when someone bumps this thread with, "Hmmm wonder why this topic has gotten so quiet!!" it has gotten quiet because the rest of us want to move on.

I am just confused about what we're supposed to do with this?

The insinuation continues to be that we aren't "hearing McEntire" or aren't doing enough to "assess whether she is right."

But plenty of us have given this debate and discussions hours of engagement and discussion. And we just don't agree. So we're at an impasse. I am not some dancing monkey with cymbals who is just cheering along with the mob. I've actually been engaged in this particular issue from day one, and have my informed opinions.

McEntire has constitutional free right to keep up the fight if she wants. But we're going in circles — and not for lack of thought or discussion. So, when someone bumps this thread with, "Hmmm wonder why this topic has gotten so quiet!!" it has gotten quiet because the rest of us want to move on.
I see you as one of the people who has been engaging on the merits of the debate, and I respect that, but that’s also within the heaps of people who were more than happy to make personal attacks. I’m just wondering if it’s maybe something that could’ve been handled with a human touch and not a debate on the law.

FWIW i approached Fori about prosecuting Mac. Tbh I wish someone had because this vendetta and chest thumping from Mac is getting old quickly
Since OD is trying to kick up a prosecution again, I don't want to comment too much more, but I want to respond to one post by Lloenflys that I think will largely clear this matter up. And maybe people can understand why I'm so furious about this and feel that the show was removed under false pretenses.

(1) I'm suspecting you didn't read the filings in the recent Court case closely enough to see that the information you disclosed that wasn't previously public knowledge has already been commented on, in a public filing, by Kazaman's defense team, during which it was stated what information was deemed classified. I'm not going to do the homework for you, but if you're interested you can find it there.
So, as Lloen notes here, the Kaz v. Darkslayer court case did reveal what the so-called "classified" information was. And I'm going to go through exactly what was alleged by the DEIA and what was said on the radio show.

[11] During the show, the Injured Party allegedly leaked classified information that included an opinion that TNP Delegate Gorundu expressed in private conversation with former President Rand as well as the details regarding the President's reasoning for the timing of declaring MadJack as persona non grata.
So we have two things here. First, we have the accusation that I leaked an opinion that Gorundu expressed to Rand. The truth is that I paraphrased *publicly available* logs from TNP showing a conversation between Gorundu and MadJack. Here's precisely what was said on the radio show:

McEntire: I would invite everyone to - MadJack, after he posted his dispatch, he was indicted in the North Pacific on espionage charges, okay? And there was a Freedom of Information Act request to publish the logs of MadJack's conversations with Gorundu, the Delegate of the North Pacific. I would encourage, if anyone has not seen those, I've been posting them everywhere, go read them. Because what happens in that conversation is that after Rand tells Gorundu that he has received this post from MadJack, Gorundu comes to MadJack and says "hey, do you think Rand knows that he just spied on TRR?" effectively. And Gorundu says "I'm gonna go tell Rand that he just spied on TRR." And then he says "hey, Rand just ignored me telling him that he spied on TRR." So that was the view of the North Pacific, our closest ally. So for me to be concerned about this, I don't think it's beyond the pale.
TNP Logs said:
June 7, 2023
[9:17 PM]Gorundu: Well this is interesting
[9:18 PM]Gorundu: Someone decided to leak Madjack’s comments about Euro joining Aegis from TRR’s private citizen’s forum to Rand
[9:19 PM]Gorundu: And Rand decided to confront me about it instead of just keeping it close to his chest
[9:19 PM]Gorundu: [REDACTED]
[9:24 PM]Gorundu: Obviously I have to say it’s his personal opinion and doesn’t reflect the government’s view etc but I think the other thing here is we have knowledge that a citizen of TRR is leaking private information, and as an ally we have a duty to inform them. The thing I’m unsure about is whether I should also make this fact clear to Rand.
[9:38 PM]Ghost: And I don’t suppose Rand will mention who told him
[9:39 PM]Gorundu: [REDACTED]
[9:39 PM]Ghost: But I’m not sure what confronting you is supposed to accomplish
[9:40 PM]Ghost: Does he want MadJack fired or something?
[9:43 PM]Gorundu: [REDACTED]
[9:43 PM]Gorundu: I guess it kind of reads like he's trying to apply pressure to get Madjack fired
[9:49 PM]Ghost: It’s obviously not the government’s position either. And I believe we are treaty obligated to inform TRR of the leak.
TNP Logs said:
[3:22 AM]Gorundu: Uh...not sure starting a diplomatic spat with Euro is what I want right now
[3:23 AM]St George: So that's a no on telling trr that Europeia is spying on them?
[3:31 AM]Gorundu: No, I'm telling TRR regardless, just want to hear what Rand has to say first

[3:32 AM]Gorundu: I thought by this you meant you want to say it publicly in TRR
[3:33 AM]St George: As funny as that would be, I like Cat and don't want to give them too many headaches
[11:44 AM]St George: Has Rand said anything?
[12:07 PM]Gorundu: not yet
June 9, 2023
[3:08 AM]St George: Has TRR been told yet?
[7:12 AM]Gorundu: Rand wants you demasked from the MGC server
[7:13 AM]Gorundu: And completely ignored what I said about informing TRR
[7:14 AM]St George: What would you like to you
[7:19 AM]Gorundu: I don't particularly want to put up a fight about removing you from the MGC server, but I am uneasy about Rand calling you a "bad-faith actor" in his reply
[7:20 AM]St George: Ok, you can remove me from the MGC server.
[7:25 AM]Gorundu: sigh
So you can decide for yourself whether what I said was a fair paraphrasing. In Gorundu and MadJack's conversation, they made it clear that they considered this leak a treaty violation, and Gorundu did not object or push back on MadJack's classification of this leak as "spying."

In fact, in the radio show Pichtonia pushed back on my characterization of this conversation and my use of the word "spying," and I laid out my exact chain of thought, based entirely on public information:
Pichtonia: I also, while I take the [inaudible], do want to rebut something that was probably said 10 minutes ago. But McEntire, when you talked about the conversation between Gorundu and MadJack, I didn't feel and I didn't read it as Gorundu saying "does Rand realize he was spying as TRR?" The spying thing is something that MadJack later brought up as inflammatory, which it really is, in his inflammatory dispatch. But I didn't get the feeling from the conversation that Gorundu was even implying that Rand had spied.
McEntire: I agree with that, but what he did say was that we were treaty-obligated, and so to me the only provision that applies to that is the treaty provision saying that we have to inform them of any act of subversion. So then it kind of follows to me that Gorundu would've considered that an act of subversion, because I don't know any other piece of the treaty that would apply.
So did I leak some conversation between Gorundu and Rand, or did I paraphrase publicly available logs of a conversation between Gorundu and MadJack about a conversation that Gorundu had with Rand? You be the judge. But it doesn't take a genius to make the logical leap from:
  1. TNP believed they were treaty obligated to inform TRR
  2. The only possible treaty provision that applies is that we have to inform our allies of "acts of subversion"
  3. TNP would have considered this leak an act of subversion that they had to report
So, as for the second accusation, that I leaked something about the President's timing of declaring MadJack PNG. Here's what was said on the radio show:
But rewinding, because this post has been flying around everywhere, I want to give everyone a sense of the timeline. MadJack made this infamous leaked post on May 30th. The hearings for the ratification of the Aegis Accords open in the Senate the next day, May 31st. So my, one of my questions, and one of the things I tried to make public, is when did the Executive have their hands on that post?
So was it the date of MadJack's post that was "classified information?" Let's review the definition of classified information:
Information Act said:
CI01. Any information gathered or generated by the Europeian Intelligence Agency is classified unless that information is publicly available from another source or has been declassified by the Director.
When MadJack's post came out, it was the position of our government that this information from a citizens-only area in TRR was not protected and was basically public. NES even specifically noted that he received this information from multiple different sources, and there was a public discussion about how this post had been flying around everywhere. The date of the post could not possibly be considered classified information.

The date itself is not the alleged leak, though. It's alleged that I leaked "details regarding the President's reasoning for the timing of declaring MadJack as persona non grata." Here's what was said on the radio show:
And even worse, if they did have - the vote to ratify the Aegis Accords passed on June 4th, and according to the logs, Rand confronted Gorundu on June 6th. So if they sat on this and didn't take action on it, even though they thought that it was such a crucial piece of information, if they sat on it specifically so that it wouldn't affect the Senate vote, that to me is a material omission and something that I don't fuck with.
I did not say that I knew the President's reasoning. What I said was that if they waited to take this information to TNP so that they could avoid affecting the Senate vote, I considered that inappropriate. Again, based entirely on public information.

And furthermore, my speculation there could not have been based on private briefings because I had been speculating on the Executive withholding this information before there was a private briefing at all. In my very first post in the Senate accountability thread, I asked:
If you had concerns about the official position of TNP's leadership, it seems that this would have been directly relevant to Speaker Lime's question about how our ascension to Aegis would affect these relationships. Why did you not talk to the Senate regarding these concerns, especially when you mentioned this conversation with Gorundu?

I also engaged in extensive conversations about the Rejected Realms' position on us joining Aegis, both publicly and privately, with administration officials. If there were concerns that Rand brought to Gorundu stemming from posts in TRR, why were those not told to me either publicly or privately when I specifically asked about this topic?

If we need to move into a private briefing, so be it, but I think that the Senate should see the TRR post in question that was brought to Gorundu, as well as logs of the conversation with Gorundu. If all of this is true, it's a slap in the face to our power of treaty ratification, and raises serious questions about the administration's actions during the Aegis process.

So that's all the information, spelled out in black and white. And that's why I'm so furious and why this whole thing is so crazy-making. Because I took great pains in the radio show to only go off of that which was available publicly while still airing out my concerns. The two alleged pieces of "classified information" were nothing of the sort. And I truly feel that it was shutting down dissent with a flimsy pretense, and a violation of my rights under the Charter of Rights.

Mac: I'm not gonna comment anymore
Also Mac: Okay heres my 2,000 word comment

Back