An Intro to the Civil Service Officium

An Intro to the Civil Service Officium
Get involved today!
Written by United Vietussia

Europeia has many features: the Citizen's Assembly, the Europeian Republican Navy, endotarting, and the list goes on and on. None, however, are more vital than the Civil Service Officium.

The Civil Service Officium, or CSO, is an area that allows citizens to sift into Europeia's four vital ministries: Interior, Culture, Foreign Affairs, and Communications. The ministries help pump life into Europeia's beating heart, from Culture and its Weekend Games to Communications with their articles and dispatches, to even Interior that brings in new nations and Foreign Affairs that extends helping hands to various other regions.

In the Interior Ministry you help recruit and welcome new nations to Europeia. Side competitions like the total nation count in our region and recruiting tournaments cap off this ministry.

In the Ministry of Culture our creative nations shine. Culture helps develop the unique personality of Europeia and host events like Weekend Games, in which Europeian citizens engage in many online games with each other.

In the Ministry of Communications you can help run the Europeian Broadcast Corporation (EBC) Radio on Mixlr, write or edit articles that will be released through the EBC, and help write dispatches that are posted onto NationStates. You can also join the Upvote Squad without even being a part of the Ministry, upvoting any Europeian dispatch.

Finally, in the Foreign Affairs Ministry, you can put your diplomatic skills to the test. You will help hold up embassies with other regions and send out periodic updates of events in our region. This requires good communication skills as you deal with other regions and their leaders.

When I first joined the region and obtained citizenship, I immediately headed over to the CSO before touching anything else, and I must say it was a good idea. Doing that allowed me to make contact with many Europeians and establish relationships that has carried over into other parts of my citizenship.

I first joined Communications, being an avid writer. After President Calvin Coolidge was elected, I looked into other ministries and saw Interior was in need of some help. I immediately headed back to the CSO and signed up.

The CSO is the only way to get involved in any ministry in Europeia, which is why it is so vital to Europeia. So what does that mean to you, and how can you get involved?

To get involved in the CSO, you simply go to the subforum here and click on one of the application threads that best fits your interests. Remember, there is no limit to how many of the ministries you can join. You could join all four!

After doing that, a Minister appointed by the President and accepted by the Senate will either approve or decline you. If you are declined, it is likely because you have yet to become a citizen. Once your application for citizenship is processed, you can try again.

Once accepted; get involved! Join in on each ministry's events and fun! Doing so will allow you to meet fellow Europeians and really start to settle into Europeia.

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to the CSO here and apply! At least one ministry needs you somewhere.

Kuramia said:
Finally, in the Foreign Affairs Ministry, you can put your diplomatic skills to the test. You will help hold up embassies with other regions and send out periodic updates of events in our region. This requires good communication skills as you deal with other regions and their leaders.
This isn't really how the MoFA functions anymore. A few terms ago, ambassador positions were abolished in favor of a Deputy system. We no longer distribute or write foreign updates. AMs are now focused on "learning the ropes" via a training system and discussion in the World Affairs Hub, in preparation for a more substantial role in the Ministry in the future.

Sopo said:
Kuramia said:
This isn't really how the MoFA functions anymore. A few terms ago, ambassador positions were abolished in favor of a Deputy system. We no longer distribute or write foreign updates. AMs are now focused on "learning the ropes" via a training system and discussion in the World Affairs Hub, in preparation for a more substantial role in the Ministry in the future.
I apologize for any inaccuracies. I was using surface knowledge of the MoFA paired with this trusty little link to help me write the FA portion of the article. I did all I could to figure out what it was about, but clearly it was not enough. FA is where I have the least experience in Europeia.

Back