Yes, The Forums Are Being A Pain, Second Edition

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
This has been a problem all day, but the forums are running incredibly slow. The admins are aware, and they're doing what they can to try to get the issue resolved.

In the meantime, things will be slow. It will be hard to post, and not much will be going on. I've been on for about an hour and have only been able to browse the by-election threads. Please be patient.

:gentleman:

Every time I'm prepared to be productive there's a technical issue to be overcome. I hate the internet gods and I hate all of you.

The forum should be operational for everyone now. I have had to temporarily disable the region information feed in the header. Other tools provided by r3n may also be inoperable in the short term. I have messaged him and we will resolve this issue and return to full functionality soon.

Sopo said:
This has been a problem all day, but the forums are running incredibly slow. The admins are aware, and they're doing what they can to try to get the issue resolved.

In the meantime, things will be slow. It will be hard to post, and not much will be going on. I've been on for about an hour and have only been able to browse the by-election threads. Please be patient.

Apologies, this was indeed an issue with my server. I received an email from Amazon this morning that the hardware where the server is hosted crashed and the server was being decommissioned.

I loaded a backup of the data and moved everything to a new server. I was using an elastic (i.e., movable) IP, so there's no need for relinking.

The forum portions are running once more. Other offsite services will be restored tonight, as I need to go back to work now.

All offsite services except for the manual recruitment helper are now back up and running. I need to get back to work, so I'll try to fix that some other time (hopefully tomorrow).

There are some stuff which only run on a sparse schedule (e.g., once per week), so I can't check them now. If you are using something that, while still accessible, has stopped upgrading, let me know on skype so that I can fix it.

Apologies again for the issue, and apologies to the manual recruiters for the delay.

r3naissanc3r said:
All offsite services except for the manual recruitment helper are now back up and running. I need to get back to work, so I'll try to fix that some other time (hopefully tomorrow).

There are some stuff which only run on a sparse schedule (e.g., once per week), so I can't check them now. If you are using something that, while still accessible, has stopped upgrading, let me know on skype so that I can fix it.

Apologies again for the issue, and apologies to the manual recruiters for the delay.
Thanks for your help, r3n.

r3naissanc3r said:
All offsite services except for the manual recruitment helper are now back up and running.
The manual recruitment helper (all three versions of it) is running again. Apologies for the delay, RL is incredibly hectic right now.

Do what you can, when you can. RL trumps a silly internet game, R3n :)

r3naissanc3r said:
r3naissanc3r said:
All offsite services except for the manual recruitment helper are now back up and running.
The manual recruitment helper (all three versions of it) is running again. Apologies for the delay, RL is incredibly hectic right now.
Thanks for the help with that, and I hope your RL stuff is going well - despite the aforementioned "hecticness". :)

Back