WWIE #2: Cordova

The Ministry of Interior and EBC are proud to present...

WHO'S WHO IN EUROPEIA
Cordova

PhDre: What is your first memory of Europeia? Did you have any previous NS experience? if so what was it?

Cordova: My first memory of Europeia was how big it was...and how much it resembled what a real region looked like. I was first introduced to Europeia by way of a former citizen called Rotalsia. Lethen and HEM and other older members would know him. Rot was the founder of a region called Aurosia, a region that he recruited me to. I was the Speaker of the Council there. Later, I was introduced to HEM and to Europeia by Rot. I remembered that I was impressed by how large it was (I mean, there was even a section for every thread). Keep in mind that I had just come from a tiny little region that was just starting out. It had only a few threads and 4 active members.

Anyway, I was immediately hooked on Europeia, so I applied for citizenship. At that point, it had just transitioned from a monarchy to a republic and so I thought: here's my chance. I can be a pioneer and help shape the Republic of Europeia, an effect that could last for years. And so, I took on leadership roles in the government and I'd like to think I contributed to this great region.

Please see this for more details: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/1270939/1/#new

PhDre: Who was the Europeian who helped you the most when you were starting out in the region? How did they help you?

Cordova: There were three actually, but the one that influenced me the most was definitely HEM. I understand he's a role model and mentor to a lot of citizens and this is no accident. His patience and friendly demeanor really won me over. He understood that when you're just starting out, you're gonna ask a lot of newbie questions, which I did. Instead of laughing at me or scolding me, he patiently guided me through minor government positions. I was our Ambassador to Hampshire and later the Junior Minister of Finance, back when we had an economy. A lot of newer members don't know this, but yes, we did have an economy back in the day.

Anyway, HEM's patience was what endeared me to him. He allowed me to flourish and for this, I'll always be grateful him.

Look at me. I'm gushing. I guess I just really really like HEM. lol

The second person who helped me out a lot was Lethen. He is technically my NS father and although we didn't always see eye to eye, I have immense respect for him, because he gave me much advice and guidance back when I was first starting out.

The third person is Pineapleboy. A lot of the newer members have never met him and some have never even heard of him, but Pine was the first person who believed in me enough to give me my first high-ranking position in the government: Foreign Secretary. He was one of the first Presidents in the early days of the Europeian Republic and he had this unique system where you could sign up to become a cabinet member. He would post cabinet sign-ups in the Cabinet Office and he would pick who he wanted to serve in which position.

He was the one who propelled me forward, allowing me to have a basis upon which to build my political career in Europeia.

PhDre: What is the first position that you remember holding in Europeia?

Cordova: My first positions I remember holding were Ambassador to Hampshire and Junior Minister of Finance (under HEM, who was the Minister of Finance).

PhDre: What would you consider your greatest contribution in Europeia? what is your legacy?

Cordova: Definitely Foreign Secretary. That position allowed me to make a mark on the region and launched my political career. When people saw how much I contributed to the region when I resigned from the position six months later, I was elected Speaker of the Senate.

When I was first appointed by former President Pineapleboy, I was only the second Foreign Secretary since the formation of the Republic of Europeia. Delvetia was my predecessor. The Department of Foreign Affairs was very new and didn't have much structure to it.

Perfect, I thought. This newness allowed me to shape it any way I wanted.

And so, my legacy is the pioneering of the Foreign Ministry.

Please see this for more details: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/1270920/1/#new

PhDre: What is your greatest regret in Europeia?

Cordova: Not returning sooner after my absence. ;)

PhDre: How do you see yourself contributing to Europeia moving forward?

Cordova: After failing in the last Senate election (which, by the way, was the first time I had ever lost an election in Europeia), I've decided to settle into a kind of semi-retired status in Europeia. I'll be an active participant in cultural and other events in the region, but my days of seeking elected office are over.

I'd like to be a kind of stalwart guardian of the region, someone who can offer advice for the benefit of the region based on his immense past experience. Just as in the past, I'd like to help steer a strong Europeia into the unknown future.

A big thanks to PhDre for conducting the interview for the second installment of Who's Who.

Thanks to PhDre and Cordova for the interview (and to Sopo for posting) ... and now I have to ask about this Finance Ministry. Did Euro used to have a ... *gasp* economy?!

Mousebumples said:
Thanks to PhDre and Cordova for the interview (and to Sopo for posting) ... and now I have to ask about this Finance Ministry. Did Euro used to have a ... *gasp* economy?!
More than once, even. Why do you think people hate them so much? :p

Sopo said:
Mousebumples said:
More than once, even. Why do you think people hate them so much? :p
Bring back the economy! :gentleman: Good interview, PhDre, and thanks to Cordova for his participation. :D

Mousebumples said:
Its decrepit remains lie somewhere in the archives, I believe. :D

I liked that the article was about me. ^_^

Yes, Euro did have an economy back in the day...and Junior Minister of Finance was my first official government position here in Euro.

I was appointed by HEM to be his deputy, because he was the Minister of Finance at the time.

For the record, guys, I think it's more convincing if you were to shout down newcomers wanting an economy by saying, "We tried it. It failed. Miserably." Rather than going with the standard, "It's a bad idea, blah blah blah." I'm not saying it's a _good_ idea, but some people think you don't realize how amazing their idea is until you try it. :p

I am now going to add that to my long list of titles:"Honorary Fire-Marshal of Europeia"

Back