Writinglegend Speaks

Writinglegend Speaks
Inside The Goldenblock
Interview conducted by Cool Spring

CS: Hello President Writinglegend! Thank you for speaking with me today with, as I imagine, such a busy schedule! Let's get started.

What made you want to be President? Why do you think the voters choose you the first time you ran?

WL: Thank you for the opportunity to be interviewed, Cool Spring.

I originally ran for the position of President because of what I felt I could bring to the table and the current situation of the region. After Sopo's term, I felt it was especially necessary that the next leader was energetic and charismatic. I felt I had the necessary skill set required to excel in the position (I was VP, MoC twice, MoI, and Sen. 2.5 times) and the characteristics of energy an charisma to help the region. I ultimately, also, had detailed plans that I felt would better the region (international paper, foreign and domestic policy), and in order to institute those plans I would need to hold the top position of President.

I would say voters voted for me the first time I ran because of the dedication and activity I showed in every position I've held, and the leadership qualities I displayed in them. During my tenure as Minister of Culture, I rose the ministry to new heights. When I was Minister of Interior, our manual recruitment system became consistently active. During my term as Vice President, I worked my heart out. Ultimately, I feel the voters felt these qualities would be great for the region. In addition, I feel it also had to do with the detailed and precise vision I had for the region going forward: the same vision displayed in my platform I ran on. At the time I ran, I believe voters mostly wanted vision for the future. My platform was precise and detailed and laid out a multi-stepped, comprehensive plan for our foreign and domestic policy. Maybe some agreed and maybe some didn't, but I felt it showed that I had vision and a plan to get there.

CS: Can you please tell us what you think your biggest success is as President? What do you think is your biggest success this past term? Then, branching off of that question, what do you think is your biggest failure as President? What do you think your biggest failure is this term?

What lessons have you learned during these two terms?

WL: My biggest success as President is very difficult to decide, but it would have to be either the International Paper becoming a reality or the Status of Forces Agreement with The Communist Bloc. Both were great advancements for our foreign policy and things I'm proud to have completed. Both of these are in my prior term, so they cannot be used for the second portion of your question about what my biggest success this past term is. Sticking with the foreign policy train, I would have to say either the Whitehall Accord or the Liberty Alliance raid. The latter is the one that edges out the former.

My biggest failure as President would likely be how the Ministry of Citizen Integration has been, considering I expected so much more out of it. I still view the split of Interior as a positive, but understand that MoCI has not been as well as I would have liked it to and, therefore, what I would view as my failure. That can also branch into this term as well. I wouldn't necessarily blame this failure on the split itself, but on several different variables that contributed to a lack of sufficient activity in that area. Coming in close second for this term would have to be Mixlr, but recently we have had successes with it.

The experiences I have undergone during my first two terms have strengthened me as a leader, as well as gave me lessons on the institutions and politics within NationStates as a whole. It's a weird thing being President, and it's a lot of pressure, but is the funnest thing you will ever do on an online game. Being President has further taught me how to work better under -tons- of pressure and given me more insight on my own weaknesses and how I can further use my weaknesses as strengths.

CS: How's Calvin as a VP? What's his perks as VP?

If you weren't running as President, who would you like to see run in your place?

What are your thoughts on the Senate this past term? Have they impressed you? Additionally, has the CA caught your eye this term?

Are you proud of your Cabinet as a whole? Any members of the Cabinet that stick out to you?

WL: Calvin is very enthusiastic about the position, active, and very innovative. What I like most about him being VP is the collaboration and work ability we both have with each other, which allows us to bounce ideas off of one another and, practically, read one another's minds. Calvin joined Europeia around the same time I joined, and we collaborated a lot as MinComm and MinCult, and were both in the Cabinet as MoFA or MoI. We have a lot of past history in terms of collaboration, and it allows us to efficiently and effectively work together as a cohesive team.

CS: If you weren't running as President, who would you like to see run in your place?

WL: This is very difficult, but some names: CSP, Kraketopia, and Drecq are the top three I would pick due to their ample service, experience, and extensive knowledge on the position itself. I could see some VP's being Trinnien and Erebos, two fine up-and-coming ministers who I had the pleasure to work with this past term, both of which displayed great excellence.

CS: What are your thoughts on the Senate this past term? Have they impressed you? Additionally, has the CA caught your eye this term?

WL: The newly elected one has been very efficient in discussions and drafting effective legislation. I always pay attention to the CA and their discussions, and they have caught my eye with the vibrant activity we are seeing with reform discussions taking place.

CS: Are you proud of your Cabinet as a whole? Any members of the Cabinet that stick out to you?

WL: I'm pretty happy with my overall Cabinet, but obviously some people I am disappointed with and their performance, those who I believe are evident. Trinnien and Erebos were the two people that were really excellent this term in only their first Cabinet term, and, as always, Kraken performed very well.

CS: And last question. Is there anything you'd like to tell the citizens of Europeia?

WL: I would greatly like to thank each and every one of you for supporting me throughout my two terms in offices: through our ups and downs. Although we've had our failures, we've also had our accomplishments and have set Europeia up for a brighter future ahead. Get involved in any way you can, whether via private media, the CSO, or even the CA. Our government thrives on the involvement in our citizenry, so get involved in the facets of Europeia to strengthen the Republic.

CS: Thank you Mr. President!

WL: No problem :)

Back