World Assembly News #3

World Assembly News
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

Nay - They Raid!

Defenders Call For A Nay

World Assembly proposal "Renewable Research Commitment" was presented by Europeia's Delegate Vinage and received the required number of approvals from fellow Delegates in less than 12 hours. Now the real critique begins on the content of the proposal by other World Assembly members. However, much to the surprise of this writer, a defender and citizen of the Rejected Realms has called for a Nay vote on this resolution not because of its content but due to the politics of Euroepai by issuing this statement:

Goobergunchia said:
While we would normally simply abstain from voting on an empty resolution like this one, it has come to our attention that this was proposed by the Delegate of a region that has been complicit in seizing the Delegacies of other regions by force, against the will of the nations usually located in the regions in question. As we wish to discourage regions from venturing on such underhanded ways of gaining voting strength in the World Assembly, we will be voting against this quorate proposal once it officially becomes a resolution.

The above comments can easily be interpreted as a rallying call for other World Assembly nations to vote nay simply because the region of Europeia is involved in raiding. The above comments also come with no actual basis as it is rare to even see a 'Point' actually vote or approve World Assembly resolutions and often don't even have a large number of Endorsements that would make a difference - let alone a difference enough to warrant calling for others to vote nay on it.

Are we starting to see the battle-lines not only drawn over the control of regions but now in World Assembly resolutions?

Authored By Vinage

-----------------------------

Your actions in a game, provided you follow the rules, etc, etc, don't make you a terrible human being, and they don't make you an exemplar of human virtue, which is what Unibot and his faction of the defender world would have you believe they are.

But apparently your actions can have you labelled petty and classless?
Yea.

I'm okay with Defenders calling Raiding that. That's mild language. So if a Defender does something I think petty and classless, of course I'll call them that.
Well, you do understand the idea of defender morality is all in-game? :rolleyes:

raiding v. defending comes up in terms of when one side or the other starts going in for ad hominem, and breaking game rules, RL laws, saying things like their opponent belongs in 'Real life prison', crashing forums, etc. Or when defenders start going on and on and on about some higher moral duty and purpose in defending and how they're just plain better human beings and so on and so on and so on. Its a game. Your actions in a game, provided you follow the rules, etc, etc, don't make you a terrible human being, and they don't make you an exemplar of human virtue, which is what Unibot and his faction of the defender world would have you believe they are.

Please stop with your ridiculous strawmen. :p I know Unibot, I know what is actually said about raiding in the UDL. And it's not that invaders deserve to go to "real life prison" or that "break game rules." Nor is the destruction of a forum ever condoned, ever. The UDL does claim that they follow a more moral code of in-game law, that's where it ends. Feel free to disagree with that, but you don't need to make up stuff.
A lot of defenders are happy to consort with rogues (forum crashers, etc.) if it furthers their cause.

On the raider side, there are some who will stoop to this, and some who won't. Because we aren't lumped together in supra-regional organizations like the FRA and UDL, raiders are more able than defenders to separate themselves from their unscrupulous brethren.

I can say that I have never heard of a forum destruction event that was meet with anything but disgust. In fact, I think Rougiers' sentence here was the lightest I had ever seen for destroying a forum. I blame Oliver on that, though. It has nothing to do with Europeia.

I can say that I have never heard of a forum destruction event that was meet with anything but disgust. In fact, I think Rougiers' sentence here was the lightest I had ever seen for destroying a forum. I blame Oliver on that, though. It has nothing to do with Europeia.
Lightest? He was classed as a criminal. When he wanted to come back he had to make a whole new account.

What was light about being banned?

Huh. :eek:

Then why the hell did Rougiers make a new account/lie about it later?

Whatever. You learn something new every day.

Huh. :eek:

Then why the hell did Rougiers make a new account/lie about it later?

Whatever. You learn something new every day.
Because he feared that if he came back as Rougiers his reputation and political standing would be in tatters. If you come in as someone new, you have the opportunity to start again (and mind you, he did rather well).

Having read the relevant NS thread about the resolution, I must say this is utterly pathetic. From a NS forum moderator as well. To bring the gameplay issue of raiding/defender into an in context nation roleplay discussion on an environmental resolution is poor show. And to then spread malicious lies about us using raiding activities to secure delegacies of regions to help get the resolution to quorum is beyond absurd. That never happenned, there were categorically no ERN operated delegacies at the time of the quorum vote. And furthermore it is totally impractical to make a sizeable difference to the quorum vote through such methods, as he would surely well know. And mark my words, when I get round to it, I will tell him all this to his face on the NS forums.

And no Hy, I don't think we are being hypocritical at all. In fact, need you look further than me opposing this resolution on the grounds I disagree with it from an in context point of view. In fact, I've argued passionately against it and voted against it at every opportunity. I'm happy that the Europeian delegate is getting a resolution approved, but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for it, let alone argue for it. And I'm the President! I know Vinage has no problem with this. I think this speaks volumes about the healthiness of our attitude to gameplay-roleplay/other matters, and it's very disappointing to say the least that it's not reflected back. Least of all by a forum moderator.

I appreciate your input (although I was already swayed earlier on in the thread) NES. I just found it a little hard, at first, to reconcile a few a things.

I appreciate your input (although I was already swayed earlier on in the thread) NES. I just found it a little hard, at first, to reconcile a few a things.
Understandable. It does seem a bit odd for us to say that and some of the other things we say.

And Oh, God I Can't Believe I Kind of Just Agreed With Hy.

Understandable. It does seem a bit odd for us to say that and some of the other things we say.

then you're really gonna trip when you find out you've been agreeing with me for the past half a day.

*Henry is Krevantas.

:lol:

then you're really gonna trip when you find out you've been agreeing with me for the past half a day.

*Henry is Krevantas.

:lol:
F*ck.

flail.gif

Back