World Assembly News #2

World Assembly News
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

All Quiet On The World Assembly Front

What does Vinage and Rick Santorum have in common?

While Europeia has been enjoying an incredible, unprecedented, population boom the same can be said for those signing up and joining the World Assembly. Now, those who've been paying attention to the Delegate's weekly reports would know that the record for the most endorsements by any Europeian delegate was broken on Friday. Well, now it can be confirmed, that Europeia now has the second most endorsements of any Delegate in Nationstates. What's the similarity between the two? They've both surged out of nowhere, taken some victories, and have their eyes on first place place - just for one of those two they have a chance.

Hello? Is this thing on?

Been a quiet week after the passing of Unibot II's commendation from the Security Council and the same can be said for the General Assembly. From within the Security Council a proposal to Condemn the Delegate of The Pacific, The Supreme Bunnyness of Krulltopia, submitted by a disgruntled nation was finally closed yesterday after months of gawking. Reason for the Condemnation? "They didn't answer the proposals the right way." Also, currently being debated, is a resolution to Condemn the nation Look at me is gradually being dismissed since it contains articles such as:

HORIFIED that The Zombie Nukers of Look at me is the founder of and guiding force behind an active raider region, The Axis of Evil,

APPREHENSIVE that The Zombie Nukers of Look at me consorts with other known raider regions,

I mean, really... sometimes I do wonder why people think a Condemnation will on these grounds. How long until we see one saying that the nominated individual looks like a raider or smells like a raider. The author, when informed it wasn't likely to pass, decided to try and find people's IP addresses to track them down.

Doctors under arrest due to missing legislation

The Repeal of the Medical Blockade Restriction has been in place now for three days and how far are we with the promised replacement? Well.... not far at all really! It hasn't been formally submitted, a process that could take four days, and it has in fact become a slow affair with the author still discussing minor items of the proposed replacement. The comes as a big disappointment and a warning against voting in favour of Repeal-to-Replace proposals unless the proposal is ready and waiting to collected the required approvals to hit quorum. This proposal itself seems to have not attracted many 'big names' from the World Assembly and, it would seem, that it might be a lost cause. A real shame and one that must be addressed soon.

Authored By Vinage

:innocent:

I didn't write this while a work trying to be a closer
Baseball season's over, so you must work in a restaurant!

World Assembly News UPDATE

This... but with more clothes off to be legal?

While the World Assembly continues to debate the replacement for the medical blockade, it has also turned its attention to Hentai. That's right... there is an actual debate on if Hentai should be legalised and explicitly defined. Now as someone who has a bit of a reputation to being someone who legislates the pointless even I think this goes to far. I mean this is the first line expressing this should be legislated:

BELIEVING that hentai provides a good sexual outlet for people, especially those with strong sexual urges or sexual desires which could be harmful if acted upon,

That's right. Legalise Hentai or people with strong sexual urges will become harmful to others. Hentai - Saving lives since 1984.

Peace in our time?

So a Commendation doesn't seem to be enough for one individual who has drafted a piece of bureaucratic mess - also known as the Promotion of Peace Conferences. Now war is bad, I think we can all accept that. But a piece of legislation setting out where one can hold a Peace Conference, and that being a World Assembly building is necessary? I mean within different regions finding a neutral nation to discuss an agenda should not be a challenge and even if that is.... then there are inter-regional options. Also, the main content has an issue in its very first section:

Demands that all member-nations take reasonable measures to exhaust all the diplomatic and peaceful avenues for conflict resolution available to them by law before engaging in military conflict;

Now I understand that war is a terrible, terrible thing - but isn't this a given? There are not many nations who actively seek war without taking to the peaceful avenues and who determines if all avenues are exhausted, what happens if you break this provision? Do you lose the right to use the Conferences and 'Pavilions' provided by this? Well... if you were a nation who sought out war, would you even want to use it. Probably not and this proposal as met quite a wave of disapproval.

Hopefully, during the next mid-week update, it'll be about the replacement being submitted. Here's hoping.

Authored By Vinage

Back