Where Are They Now?

Where Are They Now?
President Writinglegend & Vice President Calvin Coolidge
Interview conducted by Cool Spring

Welcome to Where Are They Now?, a piece dedicated to digging up the lost souls of Europeia and dragging them forcibly back into the limelight. We hunted down our ex-Goldenblock members President Writinglegend and Vice President Calvin Coolidge and discussed their previous terms - all three of them.

Please note that Calvin Coolidge conducted this interview while still in office and Writinglegend only recently responded to the questions.

CS: Hello Writinglegend and Calvin Coolidge! Thank you so much for allowing me to interview you! I'll have some questions for Writinglegend and some for Calvin and then some for both of you. Writinglegend, what are you most proud of during your three terms as President?

WL: I'm most proud of the advancements we made with the international paper, The Europeian Standard. While the project has certainly stalled due to a lack of content, it was great to finally get a paper running for Europeia to spread Independence abroad. It also has led us to a point where we are able to evolve the international paper to allow for a plethora of publishing again. Coming in second place would definitely be the gains we made in populations and/or the State of Foreign Affairs with The Communist Block.

CS: Calvin, what are you most proud of during your three terms as Vice President?

CC: My time as VP is mostly defined (to me at least) by filling in wherever the Ministers need me. My proudest moment is when I was able to take over the Interior Ministry for Shadowlurker. I felt like I was performing at my peak VP-ness in that moment.

CS: This one is for the both of you now. What do you wish you could have done over again and why?

WL: This is a very good question, but after analyzing this I only have one response. I wish that, during my term as President, I used our influence and power more manageably in order to spread out our arms to smaller User Created Regions. While I did have a foreign agenda that was conveyed to my Minister of Foreign Affairs, all of my terms really lacked progression with up-and-coming UCR's or UCR's we don't generally interact with. It has hurt the future of our foreign affairs.

CC: My first term. I had to miss more than I wished due to illness, and it really threw off my game for the next couple weeks. I wasn't as much help to WL and the Cabinet as I know I could've been.

CS: For the both of you again. What are you looking forward the most to being able to do, or not having to do, now that you're free of the Goldenblock?

WL: Well since I've now been made Grand Admiral and Attorney Justice, those two positions definitely excite me. I've always been fond of the military and instantly joined the Europeian Republic Navy when I gained citizenship in the region. I'm sure ERN sailors know how much I love triggering and leading operations, so this avenue for me now that I'm not President is exciting. Especially because it's a job that's easy to "have fun with". As for AJ, I'm very excited to finally get involved with the Judicial Branch outside of being a member of the Bar Association and receiving legal training. It's always been a goal of mine and not being President has allowed me to get onto the Bench.

CC: Probably being more directly responsible for something. As VP, you are indirectly responsible for almost everything done by the President, and each of the Ministers, but nothing directly, and I miss that.

CS: Any post-Goldenblock plans for you two?

WL: Grand Admiral work on the Navy and serving as an Associate Justice, as announced already to the Senate where I was confirmed for both. I will aspire to continue serving our great region at large in whatever capacity that involves and will aim to be the best I can be in each and every ministry.

CC: I'd like to focus a lot more on the CA and my private paper (The Panda's Pen) because those were my first (and most fond) passions in this region,. I'd love to dive back into both of them headfirst.

CS: Writinglegend, do you have any advice to the next President?

WL: Bring about a progressive and straightforward Game Created Region and User Created Region plan to expand our sphere and our influence while building new partners and strengthening bonds abroad. It is vital that these next terms we go outside of the general scope of UCR's and bring an expansive and specific GCR policy to each region, rather than a blanket policy. Bring awareness to the table and understand that Europeia must react to changes abroad - meaning we can't act like everything foreign is stagnant and the way they were a year ago. A progressive and straightforward plan with UCR's and a specific GCR policy for each GCR is key to ensure that Europeia thrives abroad.

CS: Calvin, any advice to the next Vice President?

CC: Don't worry about getting recognized by the public for your work. As long as the region benefits, you're doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing.

CS: Final question for the both of you. Do you have any farewell words to the people?

WL: I can't thank the citizens in this region enough for electing me to this prestigious office three times, but I would like to do it once more. Thank you, citizens of Europeia, for your relentless support during this three-term journey. Thank you to all of those who participated in any one of my three different Cabinets, it was extraordinary to work with you in such a capacity. Thank you to all of those who offered support, guidance, and advice during my three terms. Most of my farewell words can be found here.

CC: Thank you for electing me three times in a row (despite Gleg), and I look forward to not running in the next Presidential election. Also, all hail Taylor Swift.

And so ends an era, a three term one, in Europeia, but this doesn't mean the end of Europeia's growth. On the contrary, it is merely the middle of this great region's story. We have had, have, and will continue to have great leaders like Writinglegend and Calvin Coolidge paving our road to greatness.

It is of the utmost importance that we always look to our past in order to clearly see our future. Not only can it prove entertaining, but it can prove educational and inspirational as well. Thank you, Writinglegend and Calvin Coolidge, for your dedication and work to this region.

Calvin Coolidge said:
I like how WL and I are already has-beens in the region. :p
You're both barely kids. :ph43r:

:violentgun: ...but where are they right now? Don't check my basement.

Back