Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Endorsement Blunder by President 'Military Expert'
Written By HEM Tiberius
ENN Chief Editor

While the public has been busy concerning themselves over the loss of the Imperium recruitment tool, President Falconias has been under fire by some over a recent blunder in the Proletariat Coalition. A non-Europeian force was attempting to invade the region and called for additional forces, including several dirty puppets. (dirty being a military term to refer to a nation who has already participated in an invasion, and may be dossiered and watched by defenders). One of those participants was Falconias who upon moving in accidentally endorsed the incumbent delegate who was serving on the other side.

Moment later, the raid was burst apart by a surge of defender forces who secured the region for the long time delegate and crushed the would-be invaders.

Long time opponents of Falconias are trying to use this as an example of his treachery, stating that he alerted the defenders to the invasion and purposely endorsed the wrong target. More people however, are simply raising their eyebrows at a man who is touted by his government as a military expert, who failed to compete militarily at a junior level -- endorsing the right target. And indeed, a case could be made that everyone makes mistakes, but the man who plans to lift the entire Europeian Navy onto his shoulders and train their Admiral seems to have a bit of rust removal to do himself...

Government Approval Holds Steady
Round Table Discussion with Wolf Blitzer
Senior ENN Political Consultant

Blitzer: "The first numbers since the actual election are in. President Falconias sits on an almost even 60% approval rating. The question many people may be asking is whether this is a step up from election day, or a quiet slid down from the vote that launched Falconias into the Goldenblock.

Let's go to our panel:"

Fortana the Chair of the Nationalist Party has stated that, "Well although I gave him 80. I hadn't heard of the Prolitariat Coalition thingy or the pop decline. I would probably give him 40-50 now. I think Falconias is to soon into his term to be judged properly at the moment but certainly after hearing of the PC and pop decline I would imagine it should've been lower than 60. I would [also] say the large NCP base is voting high in his favour."

Blitzer: Indeed, it could be argued that many of Falconias successes have been public and his failures have been private. At the same time though, he certainly has had alot dropped on his lap that wasn't foreseen at the time of the election campaign. Are loyal NCP members cushioning his approval? That's very possible, and could set up a biased line of sight going into any re-election campaign.

Draigona, who is a National Conservative Party activist says, "I think at the time that is fair, once he fills out his promises I think it should go up."

Blitzer: One of Falc's biggest attacks from all sides are his slow reactions to moving forward with promises he made in the campaign. It is easy to see his popularity skyrocket if he can start to move faster in approaching his lofty aspirations.

The outspoken and often controversial independent lion, Kazaman, had this to say: "Well, it is obvious that the majority of the populus is not overly impressed with the administration thus far. That is most likely due to the fact that Falconias has yet to act upon a fair amount of his campaign promises. Personally, I think that the current situation is very intriguing, as it will be interesting to see if Falconias can improve upon his public image, and if so, by what he will do so."

Blitzer: "I think it will be interesting on what levels Falconias may take up micromanaging in order to get his image out there to the populace more. But still, 60% isn't anything to sneeze at in a region such as Europeia were politics can become very divided.

Moving on, what do you all see as Falc's biggest priority moving forward:"

Draigona: "Thats a tough one, but I think improving overall population/activity."

Fortana: "That's obvious. Saving his arse until next election."

[Everyone laughs]

Fortana: "That's a tough one I must say...He has stated his presidency isn't a military one. However I think that the Navy will be his highest priority in the coming month or so. Closely followed by recruitment and of course in last place culture seeing as nothing major as been said about our poor little branch of government."

[Laughter again]

Kazaman: "Recruitment and nation retention, without a doubt; since we have just lost access to The Imperium's recruitment system, the current administration will have to work a lot harder to maintain our current numbers, and even harder if they wish to fulfill the promise of growth."

Blitzer: "Do you think that losing the Imperium gives the administration an excuse to not fulfill their goals?"

Kazaman: "Ordinarily, I would say yes; however, considering that Falconias had foolishly and falsely said, in his statement about the loss of the recruitment system, that recruiting manually is more effective, I must say that no, that is no excuse."

Blitzer: "Okay folks, that's all for now. Thanks to our panel, and I'm sure that opinions over the future of this term will grow and evolve for weeks to come."

Senate By-Election and WA Delegacy Election Overview
Written by Donna Moss
Junior ENN Political Analysis

Election season never seems to end in Europeia and this term has proved to be no different so far. Senator Cambover who was a controversial topic of our last ENN edition resigned his seat from the Senate and an immediate by-election was called to replace him. Many people chose to step up to this particular plate including former Senate Speaker, Old Ogastein, Draigona, Nationalist Chairman and the often overlooked Europeian veteran, Kazaman. This comma riddled list of candidates spurred a contentious election in which Kazaman won with a commanding margin. He was attacked on lack of recruitment and commitment but neither of his opponents were really able to pick up steam. OO and Draigona were also plagued with splitting the NCP vote. The long term implications of this race are not known, but those who feared nobody could beat the NCP have had some of their fears assuaged.

At the same time, after the resignation of Oliver Grey, the WA Delegacy was up for grabs. What started as a close race between Jusduckria and former veteran Mayor, Demataria evolved into a commanding mandate for the once newcomer who sought to challange and unseat former delegate Kabanatuanistan.

This was an excellent issue ... and not just because it featured me so much. ^_^ :p

You're stepping up your game now that you've got some competition.

Nice work.
Who said that was the reason :ph43r:

Thanks everyone for the good feedback.

OO was already out of the NCP by the senate election, wasn't he? I don't know whether the NCP votes were split because of him running against Draigona.

Good issue, though.

OO was already out of the NCP by the senate election, wasn't he? I don't know whether the NCP votes were split because of him running against Draigona.

Good issue, though.
To clarify, OO was in fact out of the NCP by the time the by-election rolled around. But from the voting patterns I hardly think the NCP voted unanimously [unless all of us voted for Kaz, which I don't think was the case].

Back