What Would Mandatory Recruitment Do?

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1572717756583.png

What Would Mandatory Recruitment Do?
There has evidently been a lot of discussion on Mandatory Recruitment (Senate Disccusion, Grand Hall, Maowi's Opinion Piece) around the acknowledged but somewhat nebulous benefits of manual recruitment in the case of this issue. Thus, I felt it would be useful to run the numbers to see what the additional nation pull would be under the present government.

Before I start I would like to address Senator OD's comment on the numbers from the Why Manual Recruitment Matters article published in this outlet a little over a year ago. Having asked Malashaan to check the rate on stamp recruiting at the time it yielded .79% and revisiting it today it is at .71%. Therefore it is entirely reasonable to continue to use .75% used in the article as the rate for stamps. As for the rate on manual recruitment, generally if you recruit in the optimal way, small batches sent to the newest nations you can get the 2.5 to 2.75% used in the initial article as evidenced by recent recruitment numbers from Malashaan (469 Delivered, 12 Recruits). However, looking over the rates of some other prominent recruiters, such as Maowi, Calvin, Dax and myself a significantly conservative side of the estimate would be 1.80% (28238 Delivered, 524 Recruits). Thus, I'll be using the later percentage.

Based off the Current Government, there are 17 unique Ministers/Councilors and Senators who would be required to send manual recruitment telegrams. Assuming 50 telegrams required a week, it comes out to 850 additional telegrams being sent through mandatory recruitment weekly. Over those telegrams the stamp messages would likely return 6.375 nations on average. Over those telegrams, the manual recruitment would likely yield 15.30 nations on average. That would be a net gain of 8.925 nations based off a conservative estimate over the existing stamp telegrams. That applied week over week undoubtedly provides a large benefit to the region over time as it would more than double our rate of success over that sample.

Additionally, if you break it down, with a 1.80% success rate on delivered telegrams, it works out to be one new recruit for every 56 (55.55 telegrams) delivered. Thus, roughly a single person sending 50 telegrams a week almost equals about one new nations being recruited to Europeia.

Regardless of whether you support the Mandatory Recruitment Legislation or not, I highly encourage any of you to join the ministry of recruitment to help bring more nations into the region. It is an important task and I hope to see many of you sign up to recruit!

Very cool stuff, and an interesting read. I'd also be interested to see (if passed) if Mandatory Recruitment would spur more people to recruit in general over their minimum designated. I know I would, because recruitment tends to be one of those things you sit down and do and once you're doing it it's kind of like "well, while I'm here..."

Anyway, good data. Hopefully with a growth rate like that we could get some of those people on to the forums to replace the fuddies who would refuse to run because they'd have to spend 10 minutes every two weeks recruiting. ?

Nicely carried out and written analysis, GraV :)

This paper is quickly becoming the gold standard for recruitment reporting, a field that is only getting more and more attention this term. A very important contribution to the ongoing discussion.
I appreciate the compliment from someone who has a very prestigious outlet of their own. I will promise though that I have other articles on topics other than recruitment in the works but obviously that has been very prevalent over the past few weeks.

Back