Wanted Ad

Remsol wrote the initial draft and I changed some wording around. Let us know what you think. Also, centered or not centered? I'm unsure. MinComm out.

Ministry of Communication Seeks Thinkers

From the Office of Minister Seven Deaths:

The Ministry of Communication is seeking thinkers! Whether you are new to writing or are a long time journalist, we need you. The only requirement is that you be open minded and hard working. There are several ways you can get involved with the Ministry of Communication. First, you can become an Assistant Minister! As an Assistant Minister, you get to help run the day to day operations of the ministry, and help formulate updates. Second, you can become a journalist for the EBC! As a journalist, you will have the chance to report on NS or RL news, conduct interviews with high ranking government officials or brand new citizens, and review books, movies, TV shows and games! Or, best of all, you can do both: become an Assistant Minister and a journalist.

Either way, we'd love to have you! So, come join us!

Seven Deaths
Minister of Communication

I like it. Some graphics to draw the eye might be handy though. I would do those, but I cant. Suck at art and all that.

I was just thinking that. I sent Vinage a PM about graphics, but I'm not sure how available he will be to do them.

Because that's what I do. I capitalize words that shouldn't be. It's a terrible habit. :(

As for what I need, I'd first like a fancy Ministry seal like everyone else. There's a Media one in the repository but this isn't the Ministry of Media, it's the Ministry of Communications.

For this, what do you think would be good to put? My first thought was to take one of those WiFi symbols and replace the dot with the Euro button and then each of the four bars would be one color of the flag. I was going to put that behind the paragraphs almost like a watermark. Ideally, the button would be either under the "Minister of Communications" title or over my name. Is that too much?

Most standard wifi signals only have three bars, so I used the right diagonal colors in their order top to bottom.

Odd, I thought it was four.

But how does that look to you? You don't think the colors clash to much?

If we want to get really fancy, once you get an official logo (I would do it myself but I don't know what the font is), we could place a small version of this photo as a dot on an "i" or as an "o."

I'm clearly not very good at this. Elias, would you be able to put the picture behind the text for me? I can't do this at work. Or at all, I'm not sure. I can do it in word but that doesn't really help me when it needs to be a picture.

You can't do it on the forum, I don't think...You would have to write it another document, then take a photo of that and post it here. R3n or Swak might know more, though.

Back