Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Vice Presidential Debate Poll Results and Analysis
Written by Lime

EuroWeekly conducted a 24 hour flash poll immediately following the conclusion of the Vice Presidential Debate on Saturday the 18th of July. There were a total of 27 respondents. Like with any poll in Europeia, this was not done scientifically and results should be taken with a pinch of salt. In the interests of

Screenshot (11).png

These results suggest that voters are being very selective in who they are considering voting for. The Lloenflys/Pichto ticket leads voter consideration, but only at 63%, with a large minority of almost 40% saying they weren't even considering their ticket. Sopo/Monkey are right behind Lloenflys/Pichto at 59.3%, while McEntire/Malashaan only just creep over the majority line at 51.9%. For Verteger/Ervald these must be considering numbers as without a majority even considering voting for them, it would be impossible for them to win.

Screenshot (15).png

Respondents were then asked who they were considering voting for after the debate to see if the debate changed who voters were considering voting for. What we see is every ticket loses some respondents who were considering voting for them, apart from the Sopo/Monkey ticket who see an increase in the number of respondents considering them. Interestingly, the McEntire/Malashaan ticket falls below the majority line suggesting that in a run-off, which is highly likely to occur, they may struggle to compete against both Lloenflys/Pichto as well as Sopo/Monkey who would both be capable of winning a majority according to this poll.

Election today.png

Respondents were then forced to select a candidate that they would vote for if election day was held today, with the results suggesting a split decision. McEntire/Malashaan win a plurality of the votes at 37%, with Lloenflys/Pichto behind them by 7.4% with 29.6% of the vote. Sopo/Monkey follow at 22.2% while Verteger/Ervald are in last place with 11.1% of the vote. While these results would suggest that McEntire/Malashaan are slight frontrunners (in the loosest possible sense) Lloenflys/Pichto and Sopo/Monkey are close enough to be serious contenders as well. Verteger/Ervald seem unlikely to win this race however, they could still influence the outcome depending on who they take support from. And while McEntire/Malashaan may come out on top in the first round somewhat clearly, based on the previous questions they could still end up losing in a run-off if they aren't able to consolidate support outside of their base. These results raise concerns for all of the campaigns, but also provide hope for at least three of them.

For two very experienced members McEntire/Mal had some sloppy mistakes in their platform and answers to questions which hasn't impressed me. Vert/Ervald might have too little in their platform. Sopo/Monkey have a good platform although their special advisors seemed to be the definition of executive bloat and I'm concerned about the amount of power three unconfirmed deputies would have. Lloen/Pichto have a very good platform and there's nothing majorly wrong with it altought parts that could be improved upon.

I don’t really see Mac/Mal as being as active than all the other tickets, which is my main focus.

Sopo's platform, to me, is in another zip code compared to the other campaigns. He's also the only candidate with a coherent foreign policy rooted in a full understanding of Independence which the other candidates clearly have demonstrated themselves to not have.

Screenshot (16).png

Finally, respondents were asked who they thought won the Vice Presidential debate. These results suggest that there was no clear winner and respondents believed each candidate did as about as well as each other, with perhaps the exception of Ervald. Malashaan received the most support at 25.9%, while Monkey came in at a close second with 22.2%, Pichto narrowly followed Monkey at 18.5% while Ervald trailed the others with just 7.4%. Just over a quarter of respondents said they were unsure who won the debate, again suggesting that respondents believed each candidate preformed about as well as each other.

both Pichto and Monkey were good, but Pichto managed to improve the weak points of the L/P ticket. Ervald made me consider their ticket again, pointing out the V/E spirit

No-one really “won”, but no-one lost either

Who cares?

This election is just.....weird. I mean it's fascinating how McEntire has so much first round strength, but he's basically nobody's second choice. It seems like the frontrunner of the runoff would be the ticket who comes in second, which is bonkers.

Again, good stuff to pull out of here for all three top tickets.

This election is just.....weird. I mean it's fascinating how McEntire has so much first round strength, but he's basically nobody's second choice. It seems like the frontrunner of the runoff would be the ticket who comes in second, which is bonkers.

I noted in Eurochat that it appears that Lloen and Sopo are likely splitting the same base of supporters, and those supporters would consolidate heavily against McEntire/Mal in the runoff. I suspect that the most likely result in McEntire making the runoff but losing to whichever other candidate (ideally me!) makes it there.

Back