former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Throwing a Wrench Into Things"
Written by HEM Tiberius

Within the last few hours Oliver Grey has announced his intentions to step down from the bench and seek the Presidency of Europeia. While this story was originally printed within our gossip blog several weeks ago it failed to gain traction because of Grey's seemingly content and massively victorious stint back into the top of the judicial bench.

Today however, all the speculation and rumors abound have been vindicated. Latest polls show Oliver Grey neck in neck with an Anumia who announced his Presidential campaign much akin to an Inaugural Address. Close sources to the Senior Senator have cited his dismay with the prospects for victory at this juncture, and anybody who is aware of both the determination within both Grey and Sopo will say that this election shall procure a landslide for none.

Discontent with the Anumia campaign stems much from the aura of invulnerability many members believe has been crafted around him.

"Members feel looked down upon" Professor Krugman from Princeton University states. Krugman is a winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics and political commentator within the United States. "Anumia is feeling the same backlash that then Senator Hillary Clinton felt as she entered the Presidential race with the assumption she could easily win. She went in with the establishment, the money, the connections, and so did Anumia. But that's not the only way you win."

Anumia has a storied tendency to expect members to just follow his words, and many hope driven newbies have been slightly turned off by the veteran politician.

Despite all this, Anumia is still a resilient campaigner and a master of retail politics. "His intellect knows little breadth, and his experience can be rivaled by few," Professor Krugman adds, "He isn't going to get a landslide, but anybody counting Anumia out at this interval is nuts."

I laughed at the Krugman reference.

Give a man a NPP, and he's master of everything... Ever. Including Europeian politics. :emb:

I laughed at the Krugman reference.

Give a man a NPP, and he's master of everything... Ever. Including Europeian politics. :emb:
I've been waiting to throw him in for eons :p

The, eh, "dismay with the prospects for victory at this juncture" was not nearly the main issue...

Excellent journalism, though.

I'm glad the Presidential race is exciting now, but I don't agree that Anumia's somehow been more cocky and complacent with this campaign than any other. Quite honestly, I think he's stepped up his presence, answered all questions thoughtfully, and worked hard on his campaign. The notion that he was just trying to assume the Presidency, I think, is basically false. Especially if Ollie presents a platform that isn't absolutely awe-inspiring, Anumia's still been and will be a solid candidate.

More Breaking News: Anumia to McEntire - "Hey, you're not bad"

Seriously though, thank you for saying what I wanted to say but obviously am in the wrong position to do so...

I :wub: Paul Krugman

Back