The Open Cabinet

The Open Cabinet: Rougiers Edition
By Cambover

Following the recent election, the motto of the Rougiers cabinet has been “to hit the ground running.”

"We want to demonstrate both in word and deed to the Europeian public that we are affecting beneficial change in our region as a whole from the get-go," said President Rougiers

The Rougiers cabinet started this term with a full-cabinet meeting the Sunday following elections and has seen an outpouring of innovative ideas including the recently launched Double Down Recruitment Contest.

Interior Minister PhDre said of his exigence for the recent initiative, "I got the idea for the Double Down Recruitment Contest halfway through a Double Down at KFC, which is basically a delicious sandwich with two pieces of fried chicken instead of buns. Specifically, I see the Double Down Recruitment Contest as the start of an initiative in which the Interior taps the potential of the greater citizen population. I know that there was a lot of complacency as our population took a nosedive – the only way we’re going to dig our way back up to Europe’s population and into the 600’s again is if we all – Senators, Executives, and citizens – come together to realize this task."

However, the Interior is not the only one taking steps. Vice-President Earth22 said, "I feel that the cabinet's been doing a great job. Everyone's been working hard in their general areas and going above and beyond and helping out in areas that don't relate to them. I'm quite content with the cabinet's successes already and their get-go with everything."

She went on to detail her vision for our region: "I want Europeia to gain stability at a high level. I want us to be known for our respect, community, politics, and that special thing that just really makes us "us". I want us to exceed expectations--not just meet them."

Included below are Rougiers’s Presidential Directives or mandates for specific offices this term. Keep in mind that this is the press release version and not the staff version. It will be much less detailed due to the work-in-progress status of several ideas.

Presidential Directives

Foreign Affairs
Term Theme:
Garner the right kind of exposure for Europeia
Term Goals:
Strengthen old bonds
Create new inter-regional relationships
Conduct selves in a manner befitting our region
To Do List:
Coordinate an event with another region.
Take an inventory of the ambassadors and redistribute them accordingly
Clean out the inactive embassies.
Publish the biweekly regional update.

Naval Policy
Term Theme:
Develop a successful and dedicated fighting force.
Term Goals:
Reinvigorate the Navy
Increase regional pride in Naval activities
To Do List:
Organize a Naval fête
Successfully complete at least 8 total raids
Assess the commitment levels of the sailors
Organize training missions for younger members

Interior
Term Theme:
Demonstrate a renewed commitment to increasing our population.
Term Goals:
To recover to the Europeian population to acceptable levels
To generate new and creative methods in order to encourage recruitment
To Do List:
Make totals easily accessible to the general public and continuously update totals.
Continue development of the Immigration Research Project.
Log and archive updated totals each week.
Continue the Double Down Recruitment Contest
Generate interest in citizen recruitment.

Executive-Senate Relations
Term Theme:
Handle any disagreements arise between the two parties in a civil and constructive manner.
Term Goals:
Work with members of the senate to ensure increased communication and understanding between the branches.
Look for ways to increase fluidity between the City Council, the Senate, and the Executive.

Culture Ministry
Term Theme:
Make the region fun again.
Term Goals:
An activity at least every two weeks.
At least one festival during the term
At least one artistic contest
To Do List:
Organize the details of the Europeian side of inter-regional event.
Look to get a Q&A in the University with an NS celebrity.
Continue development of the RP department
Organize the Hall of Fame inductions.
Continue the debate contest to some degree.
Consider other possible"Themed Days" 
Consider History Appreciation Days
Consider the possibility of an Embassy Scavenger Hunt
Consider the possibility of Weekly Themed Youtube Contests

Chief of Staff
Term Theme:
To facilitate communication and transparency between the executive branch and the rest of the region as a whole.
Term Goals:
To publish a weekly version of The Open Cabinet.
To coordinate members of the administration.
To oversee press conferences.
To increase the responsibilities and effectiveness of the office.
To monitor the public attitude towards the president.
To Do List:
Publish the Presidential Directives
Publish the first edition of The Open Cabinet under the Rougiers Administration
Appoint a Deputy CoS

Back