The Open Cabinet- Issue 3

The Open Cabinet: Issue 3
From the Desk of the Chief of Staff

Introduction
Swakistek

Since the beginning of this term, our new Cabinet has been working with newly-elected President Falconias and Vice President Carracalla to achieve many of the objectives that have been outlined, both publicly and privately, in every department. This term has brought to us a Cabinet of many capable Europeians, most of whom are quite experienced in their field of expertise, and all of whom are most intelligent individuals.

This is the first issue of The Open Cabinet for this term, and we hope to publish fortnightly from now. Just in case you missed or have forgotten the illuminating introduction given by then-Chief of Staff Modern Sin, I will state again that The Open Cabinet is a newsletter, compiled by the Executive Staff using resources provided by Ministers, for the general information of the region. As the title suggests, the publication of this newsletter aims to inform regular Europeians about all of the activity that goes on in 21 Tomlinson Street, in a short and succinct manner.

To summarise the content of this newsletter, the Navy has undergone some major structural changes and enhancements to the training of sailors, under the guidance of Grand Admiral Rougiers and the supervision of well-known military expert, President Falconias. Foreign Affairs has been largely taken up with the enormous task of organising the large number of embassies in Europeia, and the reassignment of ambassadors, to better communicate and collaborate with our allies and other friendly regions. Interior has been quite caught up in the abrupt announcement of the termination of our access to the recruiting tool of the Imperium, and the main activity here has been implementing the change to manual recruiting as soon as possible. Many plans are also being discussed for the continued rejuvenation of Europeian Culture, and these should come to fruition in a few weeks, to join the already significant changes that the Minister has implemented with his

Now, without further ado, let us begin the updates!

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Common-Sense Politics, Swakistek & Modern Sin

In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minister Common-Sense Politics has had a lot on his plate for the first two weeks of this new term. Many of the tasks undergone have been related to fulfilment of Presidential directives issued at the start of this term, to increase efficiency in each of our departments. So far, the Minister has reorganized the dauntingly lengthy list of Europeian embassies by assigning each of them with a numerical priority value. This allows us to make sure that our closest allies are looked after well, and so that we can deliver the most effective communications to those with whom we have the strongest and most important relations. Ambassadors have also been reassigned to coincide with these new priority values. The Europeia - Kingdom of Ireland treaty has been underway for more than two terms now, and while the treaty has currently been put on hold at the request of KoI, when both parties ratify the treaty our ties to this other great region will hopefully be stronger than ever. There have been discussions of reevaluating our treaty with Imperium after the termination of Europeian access to their recruitment link, but as of right now, no formal plans have been announced to change it.

Ministry of the Interior
Eklypso, Swakistek & Modern Sin

The Minister of the Interior has certainly had his hands full this term, after being plunged into the deep end with the loss of the Imperium recruiting tool. To the credit of the Minister and the entire department, the manual recruiting system has been implemented very rapidly, with retraining now taking place. The long-unused mentoring system has been successfully re-established; several new mentors have stepped up to help integrate our newer members into our fine community. President Falconias has stepped in to create a tally system for recruitment, and in the near future, Eklypso has plans on commissioning a study on how to maximize recruitment success by learning what kind of telegrams are most effective, and what times yield the most responses. While the switchover to manual recruiting has taken up much of the time of Minister Eklypso, many other changes are still in the pipeline to join the above modifications. As always, more recruiters are highly sought after, and all officials are called on to continue fulfilling their recruiting obligations, particularly in the transition period.

Europeian Republican Navy
Rougiers, Swakistek & Modern Sin

Since the beginning of the term, the Navy has been undergoing a process of self-evaluation and restructuring. Sailors are being re-trained, membership is being re-assessed, and the Grand Admiral has just completed a streamlining of the chain of command as well, so that we no longer have more ranks than active sailors. The ERN is approximately forty percent of the way through the new Naval Academy training course right now and has proven successful during missions as well. Our sailors are also yet to be defeated on the battlefield, with a notably successful raid in Central Europe on March the 4th. Grand Admiral Rougiers is of the opinion that the Navy is about where he wants it to be at this time, but there is still

Rougiers expects to conduct at least one more mission in the next two weeks and hopefully the sudden spike in activity in the Navy, due to his efforts, will convince some of our less active sailors to participate more, or for currently non-affiliated people to enlist. When asked about his long-term goals, Rougiers says, "My only personal goal is to leave the Navy with a sense of coherence and direction that I feel it's not had for some time. Quite frankly, this would also include making it more fun. It is supposed to be something one enjoys, after all. If the sailors aren't feeling fulfilled with their service, I'm not doing my job properly."

Ministry of Culture
Demataria & Swakistek

In the Ministry of Culture, so far this term, the Europeian Observer has successfully been jump-started and rejuvenated, with much credit being due to Jusduckria for his efforts on that project; as Minister Demataria says, “He's been greatly reliable and on the ball. If it wasn't for him, I may well still be trying to get it kick-started.”

The systematic documentation of the history of our great region, Europeia, is also coming along very nicely, and other branches of the Culture Ministry are running smoothly. The Hall of Fame recently inducted Pope Lexus X, a notably capable Europeian President who did a great deal for the region, whose term is often referred to as ‘The Golden Age’.

The Arts Week idea has been given a back seat position in the Ministry for the time being; however the Minister still hopes to get it underway at some point during the term.

The Minister also plans to organize celebrity visits from NS stars, and will need assistance from President Falconias on that project.

The EuroUniversity is also doing very well in the most capably fantastically awesome hands of Dean Swakistek :)P) with the addition of a new course on web design/coding, the opening of a discussion based course on Hawking’s ‘A Brief History of Time’, and the opening of the new English course! The Dean is also pleased to announce at this time that HEM had indicated his intentions to return to teaching as a Professor of Europeian History, and we all look forward to his return to academia. In conclusion, the Dean wishes to express his thanks to all Europeians for their interest in the EuroUniversity, and invites any person to post in his office if they wish to take up a teaching role, give a guest speech or simply have some questions.

Common-Sense Politics also recommended a citizen commendation program to Minister Demataria in Cabinet, which he wishes to commence in a few days. The Europeian Observer should publish its first issue before too long, and the 2008 section of Modern Sin's history document should also be completed soon.

Asked if he had anything else to say to the Europeian public, Minister Demataria responded, “By the end of term I want all the branches of the Culture Ministry to be working to their full potential, and I would love to see the Europeian Observer running well enough to be considered a separate entity from the government, like the EuroUniversity. I would like to thank all my JMs for the work they're doing, but this time round I want to especially thank Jusduckria for his involvement in the Europeian Observer.”

The Executive Staff
Swakistek

As Chief of Staff, I have been working to coordinate the taskforce of Europeian Ministers and ensure intercommunication between the different areas of Europeia and the body of citizens. Much of my work has included keeping the Cabinet on track to fulfil both our short-term and long-term goals, which has been occurring inside the corridors of 21 Tomlinson Street.

As an additional note from the head of the Executive Staff, I would like to once again thank Modern Sin for stepping in to help with this newsletter after the unexpected resignation of Press Secretary Sopo. karthikking, another most capable Europeian citizen, has been appointed to fill the vacancy after expressing a previous interest in a position on the Executive Staff.

Finally, I feel it would be extremely unjust not to acknowledge new Senate Clerk, IndolentDan, for his enormous work in restructuring the Law Index and updating/streamlining the entire Statutory Laws thread so that the Europeian people may have easier access to our region’s legislative documents. This work is ongoing, and is expected to be complete in a few weeks at maximum, after which the Senate Clerk will return to normal duties, as legislated by our recent Executive Order on the matter.

Conclusion
Swakistek

In conclusion, our Ministers have accomplished much in the first few weeks of this term, particularly in the areas of major departmental strategic planning reviews and restructures, and so far, each has continued to prove themselves to be extremely efficient and capable officials.

From all of us in the Cabinet, thank you for your attention. We appreciate your ongoing support, and we look forward to seeing you again for another issue of The Open Cabinet in two weeks time.

As always, comments are welcome!

Swakistek, Chief of Staff

Bah, you were happy to talk about everyone else, but not me :(

...also, no mention whatsoever of anything bad happening, Navy-wise? We want all the facts! :p

Bah, you were happy to talk about everyone else, but not me :(

...also, no mention whatsoever of anything bad happening, Navy-wise? We want all the facts! :p
Lol, Anumia, two things:

1. When I wrote that piece it was before the TPC raid.
2. The TPC raid was not an official Europeian mission anyway :p

Sorry, Anumia, the Interior Minister must not have seen fit to mention you in his submission...all of our newsletters are based on Ministerial submissions, but if you like, I'll add a section about Welfare for the next issue, if you submit some material in around a week to a week and a half from now.

Same story with the Navy; we only know what the Grand Admiral tells us! If he adds something about the TPC raid in the next submission, we will put it in, otherwise not.

Sorry, Anumia, the Interior Minister must not have seen fit to mention you in his submission...all of our newsletters are based on Ministerial submissions, but if you like, I'll add a section about Welfare for the next issue, if you submit some material in around a week to a week and a half from now.

Same story with the Navy; we only know what the Grand Admiral tells us! If he adds something about the TPC raid in the next submission, we will put it in, otherwise not.
If you want to know more I suggest you join up! :p

You haven't done ish foo :p

Back