The Open Cabinet - Issue 2

Introduction
Modern Sin

Hello, people of Europeia. It's been a little over two weeks since the last issue of TOC, so the Ministers of the region have once again collaborated to produce another, as an update to the rest of the region. This will be the last issue released this term, and as you read you will notice that we have accomplished much in the 60 days since last term. In fact, over half of our Cabinet has only been in office for half the term, yet collectively and individually we have watched them rise above their offices and bring Europeia once again into an age of prosperity. Activity levels are high, and so are our spirits as we close out this 60-day adventure, and begin anew, once again, in a few short days.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Asianatic

The Europeian Foreign Ministry has recently put out our newest update. And somehow, we found enough money in our budget to add in color and pictures this time. Come check out Update XXXV!

I've had some awesome JMs this term- kudos go out to Old Ogastein and Kazaman for writing loverly, amazing articles and helping me keep my sanity. Earthie was the mastermind behind this last update's graphics, and CSP helped me go over this update with a red pen one more time.

If you have some spare time on your hands, become an ambassador! It's easy, you get to meet new people, and you help out Europeia. Rawr!

Ministry of Interior
bsmartman09

Hey Folks,

Just to update all of you. Since the contest, the Interior hasn’t been working on much outside of making sure recruitment is getting done. I have restarted the census of the region and would like to see that continue. I would like to thank Phdre for coming on board and Carracalla for staying with me. I would like to take a look at the mentor system and evaluate it for the next term.

Naturalization has and continues to be awesome. I don’t have much to say in that department other than good job. The population has seen a surge in number and those who have recruited and welcomed deserve to be recognized. If no one does it, the region will not grow. Simple as that.

All I’ll be focusing on for this last week is making sure the current staff continues to recruit. I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all citizens who are running or are considered for cabinet positions to make a recruiting account in Imperium for future reference, if you have not already. It saves time and you can help out even if you are not mandated. Plus, it gives you brownie points for the up and coming election.

MoI
Bsmartman

Ministry of Culture
Demataria

People of Europeia,
another 2 weeks have passed since I last addressed you, and since then various different things have been taking place within the Culture Ministry.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate all the winners at the Europeian Achievement Awards, and also all those who turned up and voted; we had an incredible turnout, even better than the turnout we see in elections. I for one was very pleased with how it all went.

Secondly, I can proudly announce that Modern Sin has completed the 2007 section of the Europeian history document. He has been working tirelessly on it for many weeks now, and the outcome is quite impressive.

I would also like to welcome a new member into the Culture team: Jusduckria. He signed up and joined the squad just a few days back, and will be specifically working on getting the Europeian Observer up and running. The EO is my next big project, and I hope to at least get it functioning by the end of the term.

Another project which I have been toying around with in my head for the past couple of weeks is the arts festival. Most of you will know what my general plans are for this, but for those who don't I would like to dedicate a week to the arts, where each day we can focus on a particular form of art. I for one have not been a great fan of past festivals in the region, however I think the unique twist on this one might make it a lot more enjoyable.

Well there you go: a summary of the Culture Ministry over the past 2 weeks, neatly packaged into a few short paragraphs for you. Remember, it's not to late to approach me with ideas, I'm receptive and keen to hear from you all!

Demataria, MoC.

Conclusion
Modern Sin

Well, Europeia...there you have it. Our Ministers have accomplished much in this hectic term, and in the last two weeks, each has proven themselves to be extremely efficient and capable officials. Our population has seen a recent boom, a shiny (and colorful!) new Foreign Update has been distributed to our allies in other regions, several cultural milestones have been overcome, and our Navy has completed yet another successful raid.

The future is bright indeed for Europeia - take heart in the hope that the good times we enjoy currently shall endure in the next term, with a new President and a new Cabinet. Ministers: take pride in your accomplishments this term, for they are numerous and inspiring. Citizens: take pride in the work of your peers, and the support we all give to ensure the future success of our region.

As this issue of The Open Cabinet is to be my last as CoS, I express my hope that the time the Cabinet and I put into the creation of this paper was not wasted. I hope that this publication, or some similar incarnation thereof, will continue in the next term. Thank you all. Comments and criticisms are welcomed, of course.

Modern Sin
Chief of Staff

That was a good issue. MS, even if you aren't appointed as CoS next term, can't you continue publishing these?
If the next President does not mandate the responsibility of its publication to his CoS, I would be glad to continue with this. As an EO contributor, I would probably modify its publication timeframe to coincide with new issues of the Observer.

That was a good issue. MS, even if you aren't appointed as CoS next term, can't you continue publishing these?
If the next President does not mandate the responsibility of its publication to his CoS, I would be glad to continue with this. As an EO contributor, I would probably modify its publication timeframe to coincide with new issues of the Observer.
That would be ideal.

Point one: Why is it that the awesome Dean of the EuroUniversity is not mentioned yet again, DEM?!

Point two: Should Falconias be elected to the Presidency, with me as CoS presumably, I'd be happy to have you continue to take a major role in this publication, MS.

You're doing an excellent job, MS, and everyone else who contributed. The Open Cabinet is refreshing and good for the region.

Back