The Open Cabinet - Issue 1

Introduction
Modern Sin

Since the beginning of this term, our Cabinet has undergone various changes. Following the recent turbulence of the previous Presidential term, this rocky period of apparent instability in the Executive has, most definitely, leveled out, leaving Europeia with several new Cabinet members with fresh perspectives and generally reformist policies. Our new administration, headed by President Pope Lexus X and Vice President Carracalla, has since pulled together to work, more or less, as a cohesive whole. Though some of our Cabinet members are, admittedly, relatively inexperienced in the Executive branch of Europeian government, these same "newbies" have made great strides in their respective Ministries; we as a region are already recognizing the merits of their leadership.

This is the premiere issue of The Open Cabinet, a paper written collectively by your Cabinet so that you, the faithful and concerned citizen, may be aware of what's going on in each of the Ministries, including the Navy. All of our Ministers have written updates concerning what has recently been done in their department, what is currently underway, what plans lie ahead in the near future, and any other information they need you to know.

A new issue of The Open Cabinet shall be released about every two weeks in order to promote communication and openness between the Cabinet and the citizenry of the region. As of right now, it is the job of the Chief of Staff to compile the Ministry Updates and present them to you. With the background info out of the way, let us dive right in to the Updates.

The Europeian Republican Navy
Common-Sense Politics

Greetings from the Europeian Republican Navy HQ. Our armed forces have been busy this term and I thought I would take this time to update you, the people of Europeia, on our progress.

Recruitment has been a major priority. We are getting in touch with all suitable new citizens, advocating the benefits of naval service and inviting them to join us. The Naval Information Center has been VERY quiet, though it is still operational.

Discipline and professionalism have been stressed for the first time in recent memory. Sailors are to behave in a manner befitting their status. Not all have taken kindly to this new policy. However, I believe that it is vital to our success as a unit and it will continue to be the norm as we move forward.

We have recently supported our allies LKE, TNI and others in their operations in a region called Free Thought. It is vital for Europeia to be there for our friends when they need us. That is exactly what we have done. Our victorious forces withdrew only days ago.

Besides that, we have been gathering intel on potential targets as well as finding new ways to ensure our readiness and effectiveness as a team are at their peak.

That is all for now. Thanks for your time.

Grand Admiral Common-Sense Politics

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Asianatic

Greetings. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is awash in...well...foreign affairs. Primarily, the new foreign update is going to go out soon, covering all of the events up from Aramor's election. This will, as always, be distributed to Europeia's allies via ambassadors.

Also, the treaty with Kingdom of Ireland is undergoing its final revisions. Its final details are currently being hammered out by myself and other members of the Cabinet. In addition to the treaty, we are expecting a state visit from the leader of The United Kingdom very soon, which is being prepared for by the ministries of Foreign Affairs and Culture jointly.

One last note: we are always in need of more ambassadors - anyone interested should contact me with questions or apply directly.

Thank you,
Aurora, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Interior
bsmartman09

Greetings Europeia,

As your Interior Minister I had some cleaning up to do after Ryanotia had personal issues but I’m glad to be here and update you on what’s going on.

I updated the total count for everyone who has sent TGs. Since Europeia is now using Imperium’s system, I had to make sure the old count before and the counts there added up correctly. I would like to thank Carracalla and CSP for keeping track of the totals since the switch. Everyone should be up-to-date after this past Sunday. Mandatory recruitment has started again. Some, I’m sad to say, have slacked and are not performing their duties. The parties will be notified, if they haven’t been already.

Welfare is up and running again and doing a great job. Rumor has it Anumia wants to continue working again ( :p ) but this is only a rumor.

I kicked off our new recruiting competition on Sunday. The Intraregional Competition is not just for the best recruiter but also for a group as a whole. After discussing with the cabinet, it was agreed the contest would pit the CC, Senate, and Cabinet against each other in a duel to the death. As of now, I believe the cabinet will dominate, just based off of the people signed up. I HIGHLY encourage everyone to participate in this contest. It’s only four days long, Wednesday to Saturday. It’s simple and will get your foot in the door of recruiting for those of you who wish to become Senators, part of the Cabinet, or President someday. Also, those who are mandated have more of an incentive to help out. [[MS edit - the contest has since ended. Congratulations to the CC for dominating, and Lethen in particular for his impressive numbers!]]

In the future, their might be another competition before the end of the term to help out with Lex’s goal of 650 nations. Time will tell. Shoutout to the JMs. I appreciate you guys for helping me out.

MoI
Bsmartman

Ministry of Culture
Demataria

Almost a month has passed since I took the reigns of the culture ministry, and in my time as culture minister so far my team of dedicated JMs and I have accomplished a respectable amount.

The culture ministry has come a long way from last term, when it was fairly stagnant and unproductive. We have managed to resurrect and kick start a few projects which became forgotten in the last administration, notably the Annual Achievement Awards and the Hall of Fame. I have tried to make sure that my JMs always have something to work on, and at the moment I have a couple of side projects running which are primarily being tackled my my junior ministers; Modern Sin (with the help of various regional oldies) is working on a full, detailed and accurate documentation of Europeia's entire history, and Cambover is currently creating detailed bios for the Hall of Fame inductees.

A month or so remains for me to continue managing the culture ministry, and there are still a few projects which I wish to attempt to undertake. With a team of writers I would like to revive the Europeian Observer, which never really took off. I also have an idea for an arts festival, where we can appreciate and discuss various forms of art (e.g music, film, literature etc.).

So far I am pleased with the progress of my ministry, although I still want to achieve more. I would like to single out Fortana as my single most dedicated JM; he has the ability to take the initiative and really put his ideas into practice, and he is always willing to help me out in any way. He has been my right hand man and without out him I don't think my term would have been going quite so well.

That's all from me, thanks for your time,

Demataria, MoC

Conclusion
Modern Sin

A brief wrap-up:

Europeia: as you can see, we of the Cabinet haven't been lounging around this term, nor acting as placeholders or lethargic politicians. All of us have been hard at work, increasing the region's population (thanks to bsmartman), expanding its culture (thanks to Dem), developing friendlier relationships abroad (thanks to Aurora), and supporting our allies militarily (thanks to Grand Admiral CSP). Your President has released a speech or two informing you of his activities, and they are both numerous and meritorious in nature, as befitting a great leader.

From all of us in the Cabinet, thank you for your attention, your support, and your trust. See you in two weeks.

Modern Sin, Chief of Staff

Excellent update. I love the name of the paper too. ^_^

Quite the stellar issue :p

Thanks for the comments so far.

And yes, one or two of the updates is a little outdated; this is because I received them at different times and could not post one update without the rest to complement it. In future issues I'll notify the Ministers to prepare their updates beforehand so that I will receive them all at about the same time. ^_^

MoC Demataria...I don't see a single mention of the EuroUniversity's desperate plea for Professors/Students and it's most wonderfully intelligent and capable Dean with his loyal PA...what's going on?!

Swak, I've had no involvement in the uni whatsoever, and that's a good thing; you're completely self sufficient now. ;)

Back