The Ol' Razzle Dazzle

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1581522945180.png

The Ol' Razzle Dazzle
Hello all, this is the Razzie followup to my last Eurochoice article which I put out a few weeks ago. With the ceremony here I thought I'd share the rest of the data I had collected in the form of the Razzies!

Interestingly, the Razzies we heavily given out during the first 3 Eurochoice awards as the awards as a whole had a much more joking tone than they developed later on. For those ceremonies all the Award ideas appear to have come directly from the mind of our founder HEM. For example the first Eurochoice awards gave out awards such as "Most Pathetic Former Citizen" and "Most Likely to be Rich". Following the June 2009 awards Razzies were largely absent from Eurochoice until January 2017. Thus this creates a weird split in the above chart, where a large gap exists of players who were mostly entirely active in-between those periods. Additionally, there were a lot fewer Razzies given out (54) over the history compared to the main awards (182). Of note this year the Razzies have been relegated to a spam game in the interest of reducing the ballooning number of awards the past few years.

1581523187339.png
As you can see in the above graph there is a 3 way tie for the most Razzies between, Sopo, Cary and Allied Alliances. Sopo won Most Likely to Coup three time, which if you don't know stems from this 2015 April fools joke in which Kraken and Sopo joked that Sopo had embarked on a coup attempt against Balder. Cary on the other hand won the aforementioned most likely to become rich along with other HEM-created joke awards from 2009 such as the prestigious Most Likely to Become Homeless and Most Likely to Vanish in the Bermuda Triangle. Similarly Allied Alliance won mostly those early joke awards including "Most Animal Like Member" and "Most Drunk Member".
Most Likely to Coup Sopo
Worst Avatar Sopo
Most Likely to Coup Sopo
Holiest Citizen of the Year Sopo
Most Likely to Coup Sopo
Best Forum Avatar Sopo
July 2008 Member most in need of Spellcheck
November 2008 Member most likely to become a hobo
June 2009 Member most in need of Spellcheck
June 2009 Most Likely to Be Rich
June 2009 Member most likely to become a hobo
June 2009 Most Likely to Vanish into the Bermuda Triangle
July 2008 Most Likely to Be Rich
November 2008 Most Animal Like Member
June 2009 Most Animal Like Member
June 2009 Most Drunk Member
June 2009 Most Funny Member
March 2012 Troll of the Year
Beyond the awards that were mentioned above there has been no real consistency in razzies over the years so instead of doing a count of the times an award has been given out, I think I'll just highlight a few of the funniest of most notable Razzies.

Most Likely to Turn Into a Tree- Seemingly given to Pope Lexus X, this 2008 Eurochoice award appears to have confused a large section of the voters, evidently including the creator of the award HEM.

Best/Worst Avatar- In the January 2017 awards show, Hyanygo was given both Best and Worst Avatar at the same time. The best part is that Hy notoriously did not have an avatar at all.

Least Likely to be Ovationed- Also awarded in 2017, this was given to much maligned member Aditya Republic, who's haplessness but frequent persistence in running for offices he lacked any sliver of qualification for lead to a vast many jokes at his expense. Of note, Aditya being elected President was used by former President WritingLegend as a trigger for a joke EO. Aditya was also awarded "Least Likely to realize we switched forms" in last Years awards.

Most Likely to Wear Jorts- Given out in January 2018 to HEM, this joke award built on a longstanding meme that Bowzin, fairly recently wrote in the EBC about here.

Most Likely to Delete Poll Info- This was given to JayDee in the 2018 ceremony and is an example of many of the recent awards that simply target someone for a specific event that happened in the past year. In this case it referred to a somewhat overblown controversy in which JayDee removed a negative results from a poll. It ended up snowballing and perhaps luckily ended with him being dropped off Brunhilde's ticket.

Worst Speller- This award, first given out to to Cary in the first 3 Eurochoice Ceremonies, was then given to Aditya in 2018 before coming to it's rightful owner, me, in last years award ceremony. It is notably the only Razzie to be given out five times.

Anyway, that will about do it for this brief followup to the past article. If your really interested in the full data I collected I've decided to share it for your viewing pleasure Here. Also don't forget to participate in this years Awards!

Razzies are stale memes, glad we've moved on from them. The hy avatar one was funny, though. Thanks for the data, GraV!

Sopo won Most Likely to Coup three time, which if you don't know stems from this 2015 April fools joke in which Kraken and Sopo joked that Sopo had embarked on a coup attempt against Balder.

Not to mention my actual 2016 coup attempt in TSP. :p

Nicely written article, GraV! It's cool to read up on some of Euro's old inside jokes.

I never won a Razzie for anything? I don't believe it!

I'm still disappointed I never got most drunk. I've never stopped working for it!!

Back