The Joseph

If it is awkward or tacky for one to refer to one's oneself's self with the article "The" in the front of one's name... that is opened to debate and history will know best.
However, I am The Joseph. Not my real name. Feel free to use it without the "The" in front of it. Either works, whatever makes ye happy.

I have been playing Nation States religiously, many, many years ago as my family was too poor to afford proper internet so I could play proper games with flashy colors and noisy sounds. So I ended up on a red Invisionfree board role playing as Napoleon in a british-themed monarchy with a mad lad from New Zeeland that would never be quiet about his passion for rocks. That's also when I invented my first imaginary girlfriend but again, I was young and not a man of means or morals. Looking back at it now, feels really dodgy but we shall rely again, on history, to keep tabs and sort things out.

I reckon my most vivid memory from those days are given by me, trying to push a republic in a really entrenched monarchy-defined system. I remember I got banned for it as well at some point.

However, I am working on a personal project now and being back into a political simulator would really help me to learn and how to approach the said project. Really glad to be back and see how the community grew over these last years. And maybe see how I grew, too. Because in all fairness, it's been a really long time and I never managed to get back into it at the same level as before. Which is sad, because I have sincerely enjoyed Nation States before and it was a mouthful of fresh air back in the days of poverty-ridden rural life.

Thank you everyone for having me and enjoy your day.
Dan

Pichtonia

President
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Discord Moderator
Welcome to the region!

Would you prefer to be called Dan or Joseph?

Lethen

Proud New Jersey Garbage Human
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
Citizen
Welcome! Do you remember what the regions were that you were involved in? I've been playing since 2006.

Welcome! Do you remember what the regions were that you were involved in? I've been playing since 2006.

I started in New Britannian Empire and then played in a few of its future spawns. That is the only place I've been fully involved. I've also been in a small region called The Patras League for a while.

And ever since I left NBE, I've never gotten too active anywhere else.

Welcome! I hope you do manage to get fully involved again this time around :)

So am I sir. With enough procrastination at work, we might be able to just do it this time.

Question - how can one apply to found a political party? I am interested in promoting my absolutely non-communist agenda once I get settled :D
Thank you.

The Joseph, Scene 1, Take 2.

Back again. Bored again. Life is miserable, not again, but perpetually. I'm at work, deemed an essential worker and all I'm doing is browse the internet doing absolutely not much. Would I call this being an essential worker? Far from it. Do I have to be here so that my manager can justify his budged to his manager? Most likely.

A few weeks ago, I tried installing a game through GOG on my work laptop and that one game (Empire Earth) triggered a virus alert. Within minutes the Information Security was upon me and purged all my games from my computer. It's been sad and lonely ever since.

I endorsed everyone in Europeia. Took me a good 15 minutes. Not life is meaningless again.
Killing the past and coming back to life.

Lethen

Proud New Jersey Garbage Human
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
Citizen
Welcome back! Unrelated, but I used to play Empire Earth; fun times.