Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
1680658147681.png
The Hot 5 | Week of April 3

The Hot 5 is a new initiative from the E-News Network inspired by the Power Player Drafts of EBC Radio and the Power20 from NSToday. The Hot 5 will highlight, twice monthly, 5 Europeians making waves in our community. The list is determined by our editorial board and special guests. This week the list was curated by HEM, ENN Founder and Editor, and Sopo, ENN Deputy Editor.

One to Watch: UPC

Sopo

Falling short of the list this week, UPC nonetheless has made a dramatic return to Europeia in recent days. He has regained citizenship, designed a new recruiting bot, been rejected from a Regional Security Council position, and been appointed to President Rand’s new Technology Commission. Keep an eye on UPC in coming weeks.

HEM

UPC is a wildcard. He was rejected from a position on the Regional Security Council, but not before inspiring a lot of backlash from his corp of friends and admirers.

UPC has been a key critic of Europeian institutions for a long time, but those efforts have ramped up as he vocally opposed the move to Frontier, criticized the administrative team, and raised big-pictured concerns about Europeia’s gameside strategy and execution.

UPC has made contributions to the region outside of office — including a new recruitment helper code — but whether this all ladders up to another office, or another shot at the RSC, it’s too soon to say.

#5: McEntire

Sopo

Another bold re-entry into Europeian politics, McEntire launched a longshot, last-minute presidential bid, earning 30% of the vote without even having posted a platform at the time polls opened. McEntire has remained in the discussion with critiques of the Rand Administration’s Communications policies, and we predict he will be a fixture of the opposition in the coming term.

HEM

McEntire’s surprise, last minute, Presidential bid didn’t gain him the Goldenblock, but it did give him a bully pulpit from which citizens are likely still listening to him.

Since the election, he’s been a (constructive) critic onto the Rand Administration. It’s too soon to say whether that will amount to anything more, or even if McEntire’s activity will continue after his dynamite-inspired Presidential bid.

#4: Kazaman

Sopo

Long known for his presence behind the scenes, the Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency is on the move. President Rand has appointed Kazaman as a non-voting member to the Regional Security Council, and, as of this writing, he seems likely to pick up the president’s vacated Senate seat in the ongoing by-election. More than that, Kazaman is widely seen as one of the region’s foremost experts on the coming Frontier/Stronghold update, and he is not hesitating to weigh in on issues of regional importance.

HEM

I hope somewhere out there, NES is reflecting with pride on his heir to the Europeian Intelligence Agency and how he has maintained a position of soft influence in the region.

Kazaman’s strategy is taking center stage with the Frontier transition, and he’s been actively speaking on authority about how the RSC should assembled + staying up-to-date on the constant gameside plans for the rollout. He is also the early frontrunner for the vacant Senate seat, where he will potentially take an additional role.

#3: PhDre

Sopo

PhDre is coming off of two widely-lauded terms as Minister of Communications, overseeing the enlarged, merged ministry. PhDre has now been entrusted with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, taking over for Writinglegend. PhDre is consistently engaged in regional politics and, given the coming update, PhDre is now managing the Cabinet’s most important portfolio for the coming term.

HEM

Since PhDre’s return to Europeia, he’s maintained a presence in government. But now he transitions from the world of media and communications to an official role in foreign affairs — I think for the first time in his career? Maybe?

There might not be any big fat booty to taunt, but foreign affairs (always a hefty portfolio) will be exceptionally important this term. This represents a considerable elevation for PhDre, someone who any people have already implored to run for President. Hopefully he doesn’t outshine his boss this term. Hmmm.

#2: Le Libertie

Sopo

LL is approaching his one-year anniversary as World Assembly Delegate, and he’s doing so at a time when the delegacy is more important than ever. LL is now the head of the Regional Security Council, and, after the Frontier update, will be the person most responsible for Europeia’s security. He is currently setting the precedent for future delegates and the future of the region, ensuring a smooth transition to a Frontier Europeia.

HEM

The WA Delegacy perhaps started as the most underutilized office in Europeia, today it is at the very center of our transition to a Frontier region.

Le Libertie has been at the very center of these discussions, and it seems likely he will be instrumental in the changes ahead. And hey, soon we will be putting all of our lives in his hands, so that’s cool too.

#1: Rand

Sopo

Perhaps an obvious choice, President Rand ascended to the region’s highest office last weekend. Rand comes in at a tumultuous time with big ideas, and he hasn’t been afraid to shake things up. Despite receiving criticism for renaming the Ministry of the Interior and his handling of UPC’s nomination to the RSC as Speaker, Rand is pressing onward with an optimistic tone and has built a large, eager team. The stakes are high, but Rand looks prepared to rise to the occasion.

HEM

Interestingly, if we had done this exercise a few weeks ago, I don’t know if I would have put President Lloenflys at the top of the list. Lloen’s Presidency slowed down after announcing he wasn’t seeking re-election, and the extent to which he was visible was mostly responding to the news of the day.

But it’s a new week, we have a new President, and it definitely doesn’t seem like Rand is just punching the clock. He’s already been making big moves with executive appointments, and with frontier/stronghold barrelling down the stretch, the executive branch is going to stay front-and-center — hopefully for good reasons.

A great idea! I look forward to seeing the regular updates. Nice analysis from you both and interesting picks! Probably not the picks I'd have made but still interesting to hear your reasoning behind them.

is this the initiative that you needed a graphic for

Probably not the picks I'd have made but still interesting to hear your reasoning behind them.
Readers should be encouraged (or required) to name their Hot 5.:popcorn:

A great idea! I look forward to seeing the regular updates. Nice analysis from you both and interesting picks! Probably not the picks I'd have made but still interesting to hear your reasoning behind them.
Should every addition have a comment box for competing views?

Back