HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his

Brought to you by ENN's South Pacific Affiliate

HEM: "Welcome viewers from the South Pacific and around the world. Today is July 30th, 2013 and I am your host HEM Tiberius. Tonight we headline with issues at home and abroad. We will start with converge straight from Osiris regarding the end of their long occupation. We will also put a magnifying glass over the upcoming elections and complaints of inactivity here in the lampshade paradise. Headline issues and headliner guests are all coming up. Stay with us until then.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5YJ3qzIx4[/flash]

HEM: "And we're back. The occupation of Osiris has been a long and weary slog for its citizens and all people who value freedom around the world. Gatesville has reemerged on the world scene as the stereotypical bullies that history has caricatured them as. Failing to contribute anything positive to the world, or even manage to build a sophisticated culture of their own, they overthrew the rightful government of Osiris using a sore loser and a dice full of luck. With that petty occupation over we are joined by Osiris Pharaoh Cormac Stark!

Cormac, thanks so much for taking the time to come on the show."

Cormac Stark: " It's a pleasure to be here!"

HEM: "Obviously it has been a long month for you, what's your primary feeling now that Osiris is back in native hands?"

Cormac: "Relief. Excitement. I think those pretty much capture it. I didn't know how long the war would be, and to have it over this quickly and to be able to move on to better things is both a relief and very exciting."

HEM: " Moving on from the end of the coup, which is obviously big news, Osiris has recently severed ties with the United Defenders League. Could you explain that move to our viewers and explain how it transpired?"

Cormac: "It was a combination of things. We did have legitimate concerns and grievances with the UDL, but we were also under pressure to sever ties as sort of a "down payment" on the agreement. The UDL was actually very helpful to us in the final operation to remove The Dourian Embassy and we've been in talks with them. I think their help at that crucial time went a long way to repairing some damage that had been done."

HEM: "Are you saying the pressure came from the New Inquisition to end all relations with the UDL?"

Cormac: "No, it didn't. At no point did The New Inquisition pressure us. The pressure to end relations with any defender organization came from Gatesville Inc and from Durkadurkiranistan, not from the UIAF. They facilitated the peace process but they made no demands or pressures of their own, at least not on our end."

HEM: "Thank you for clearing that up. Now, looking at the peace process, how will this crisis affect Osiris going into the future? Do you feel you have made some new friends or maybe lost some?"

Cormac: "I think we've made some friends. I think we've also found out who our friends really are, to a degree. We've found a much stronger friend in Balder than ever before. We've found that our alliances - with TNP, TSP, Equilism - are solid. We've found that multilateral treaties like the PSSP aren't a good idea, and it's better to deal with other regions on a one on one basis. I think that's something we'll be taking from this. Obviously, we also found new friends in TNI and The LKE and we really can't thank them enough, as well as all the other regions and orgs who came to our aid."

HEM: "Finally, ending in tradition, is there any advise you would give a new player to the game?"

Cormac: "My advice is to find a region you want to call home and make your roots there. I didn't do that, when I started, and I spent most of my first year adrift and not really sure what I wanted to do in the game. It led to some poor game moves and more drifting until I found Osiris, which is where my roots are now. It's an important step for a new player and far more satisfying than bouncing around from place to place."

HEM: "Thank you Cormac for your time. We will be back right after this for another perspective from The Land of Kings and Emperors Emperor -- Onderkelkia. Stay tuned folks."

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kvenmWEhFE[/flash]

HEM: "And we are back. For those just joining us from the South Pacific and around the world we have just finished speaking to newly restored Osiris Pharaoh Cormac Stark. Stark could not have been restored to the Delegacy though without the help of some friends in the New Inquisition and the Land of Kings and Emperors. There are some of those in the South Pacific who discount our invader friends as "lesser" peoples because of their stance in the R/D game. Tonight those people -- and the rest of us -- have a chance to hear from a major player in both the New Inquisition and the Land of Kings and Emperors.

We are joined now by Emperor Onderkelkia of the LKE to discuss the coup from his end and how the situation continues to involve in his sphere. Greetings Onder, thank you for joining us today."

Onderkelkia: "You are welcome."

HEM: "It has been a turbulent month in Osiris. Could you explain to our viewers your role in the crisis?"

Onderkelkia: "I would not necesarily go as far to say I had a 'role in the crisis' so to speak. Rather, my role was in directing the LKE and TNI's response to the crisis through UIAF. Our objective was to ensure a stable, free and democratic Osiris, which required the return of Cormac to the Delegacy. My role was to ensure that our armed forces were following a strategy which did this and ensured a beneficial outcome for all parties through a negotiated solution."

HEM: "What is your belief about the negotiated solution? Was it fair? Do you suspect future Gatesville involvement?"

Onderkelkia: "It was realistic. Short of gathering more than 50 updaters and them all failing to get ejected as they entered Osiris, the UIAF leveraging Gatesville into negotiations with Osiris and Osiris agreeing to some concessions for the return of the region was the best option for getting Osiris back in a reasonable time period. It was not necessarily all fair and it was correct for Osiris to eject The Dourian Embassy after it ceased to be under the control of a party to the agreement. However, fundamentally it was a good thing that put the rightful Delegate back in his place and it was only possible because of the LKE and TNI.

As to future Gatesville involvement, I do not think that is likely, TDE having been ejected and having ceased to be under their control. Short of a new coup, I do not see how they can influence the government of Osiris going forward. Gatesville's role in Osiris was acknowledged as an attempt to promote sovereignty in the agreement and I am sure they are more than satisfied with that and with having occupied a GCR for substantial period."

HEM: "Do you see yourself sympathetic to Gatesville's aims, or do you perceive them as primarily negative?"

Onderkelkia: "I support a stable, free and democratic Osiris. Gatesville's actions clearly were not conducive to that objective. That is why the LKE and TNI worked in cooperation with the Government of Osiris to restore native control of the region. We were also mindful that Osiris should be free of corrosive UDL influence, shown by their issuing of military propaganda supporting the UDL, and of FRA influence, illustrated during this crisis by TRR's abuse of the PSSP's provisions. GV was right to be concerned about some of these things and Osiris was unstable before GV intervened. Fundamentally, such a coup could not constitute an appropriate solution, and, with UIAF's encouragement, GV eventually had the sense to recognise this and negotiated to align their interests with those of Osiris going forward. That was the right thing for them to do. Without it happening, Osiris would not have been returned to the legitimate Delegate."

HEM: "Do you believe these events will fundamentally alter Osiris as a region, or will they just pass into time?"

Onderkelkia: "In the sense that Osiris will no longer be subject to any degree of corrosive defender influence, it will alter Osiris as a region and that might have other positive consequences, but I cannot guarantee the future. In the long-run, it is for the citizens of Osiris to determine what they want to to take out of this and for the current Osiris leadership to chart a course for greater stability. Alone subjecting a region to a coup does little to improve stability."

HEM: "As your day job you are Emperor of the Land of Kings and Emperors. We hear that elections are currently ongoing there. How do the candidates look?"

Onderkelkia: "There is a strong field of candidates of standing. Naturally, as the Emperor, I have no preference as to the candidates, but both Prime Ministerial candidates Megaleiotha Eirhno and Julian Ulrics have a strong vision for going forward amidst the present boom in the LKE's domestic activity. Both are committed and promising imperialists who have detailed and specific plans for enhancing our culture and our diplomatic strategy. The candidates for the Estates Common are of a similar mould: many are relatively inexperienced compared to some of the LKE's longstanding politicians, but the Imperial Party and the Lion Party's candidates represent a new generation dedicated to the LKE and imperialism."

HEM: "Onder, thank you for your time and best of luck to the LKE."

Onderkelkia: "You are welcome."

HEM: "That was Emperor Onderkelkia from the LKE. The H-Factor will be back after this."

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGarBXUeTc[/flash]

HEM: "And we are back. At this point in the show we would like to remind our viewers about the interactive component of the H-Factor. You think we forgot to ask an important question? Want to hear more from our guests? Feel free to send any followup queries to me, HEM Tiberius, of the H-Factor to get you the answers you want. If a guest has enough followup questions, they will certainly be invited back again.

Now in the show we want to turn to the shores of the South Pacific. There has been a great deal of discussion in the region about activity levels and how the government should work to promote them. We will be join tonight by two different citizens to speak to us about how they perceive their government to be doing and we hope to lend voice to their very serious concerns.

And what of the upcoming elections? Who will be in them? Who will be running for the top seat? Who will be the frontrunner, the underdog, the victor? And most important, who will be the craziest in the South Pacific?

To help us answer all these questions and more I would like to personally welcome Alv to the H-Factor. Alv, thanks for coming on today."

Alv: "Thanks."

HEM: "How would you rate the current term of Southern Bellz with 10 being "perfect" and 0 being "worst possible"?"

Alv: "An 8, I really enjoy the personal touch SB brings to the delegacy"

HEM: "Looking into the issues the region has activity-wise, what do you see as some big problems?"

Alv: "Indifference is the main problem. I see [an] active cabinet, but they're not doing anything in their positions."

HEM: "Is there anybody you wouldn't plan on voting for next election if they ran for another term?"

Alv: "Phlontopia, Hes not a bad guy but hasn't shown activity in his post, Also Awe because he hasn't updated the ambassador thread(s) since he was elected, or made monthly updates (Not just updates for special news)."

HEM: "Do you see the upcoming elections as a mechanism for reform or do you think they ultimately won't change anything?"

Alv: "I believe theres a better chance for reforms due to new members and new members who have been proven competent and active"

HEM: "Who are some shining stars in your opinion?"

Alv: "Escade has been a shining example of a active and competent member of The South pacific, Escade's been working actively on improving the RA. Another would be Sandaoguo (GR) Hes been one of the most active and vocal, and while i haven't agreed with some of his views on imperialists he is still a good find for the south pacific."

HEM: "Turning to the Delegate race: Using pure speculation, who do you see running?"

Alv: "I'm honestly unsure on this i could see you running, Theres a wide list of suitable candidates, I could see Hileville or Belschaft running as well. Oh and Tao, Can't forget about him."

HEM: "Concluding on tradition, do you have any advise for new members?"

Alv: "Get involved, make your voice heard."

HEM: "Thank you so much for being on today, and best wishes!"

Alv: "As to you Hemmey."

HEM: "Ladies and Gentlemen the H-Factor will be back after these brief messages."

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b10SrfYOS4[/flash]

HEM: "At the end of our broadcast tonight we bring a second citizen to give his perspective on the region. You might recognize him as a candidate for Delegate in the last election: Liberatia, thank you for joining us.

The Republic of Liberatia: "Thanks for having me, HEM. Things have been well. I have been helping a friend form a new government for his region, and have been attempting to make myself more popular in the South Pacific, so that people will take my input on issues less lightly. I have also been drafting new laws that I hope to see passed, for the benefit of the region."

HEM: "How would you rate Southern Bellz's administration on a scale of 0 to 10 with 0 being terrible and 10 being perfect?"

The Republic of Liberatia: "On a scale from 1-10, I would have to say 7 or 8. I have been seeing some change, but I have not seen as much as I'd hoped. I think that I would probably vote for SB again, if do not run for this term."

HEM: "Do you feel any major changes are still needed?"

The Republic of Liberatia: "Definitely. A region is never done growing. Issues will be solved, but new ones will keep popping up. Currently, I hope to see if any regions wish to be taken under sovreignty/alliance with the coalition, to help strengthen our defenses, and have a few places as buffer zones in case of an attack. This is in no way imperialism, I have just been hearing talk of regions wishing to join the coalition, and it seems mean to not allow their people the right to choose if they wish to take part in the oldest democracy in nationstates, without them completely losing their culture. I do plan to run for a position in the future, possibly even delegate, if there is anyone willing to run as my vice delegate."

HEM: "Thank you so much for joining us tonight.

Folks, you heard it here first. Liberatia has certainly not ruled out another run at the big seat.

As we close tonight I urge all citizens embrace optimism for our region. With the chaos around the world we have held firm to our values and have steadfastly stood by our allies. On the flip side of the coin however, we can never settle for anything less than our best. I am disheartened by those who resign us to dismal activtiy, dismissing it as part of a "pattern" or "summer lull". My viewers, I have been apart of Nationstates for a long time and I there is a lull for every season of the year. There is a summer lull, a back to campus lull, a first midterm lull, a Christmas lull, a second semester lull, a spring break lull, a finals lull, and a summer lull.

There are always understandable reasons for people to be more preoccupied by real life, yes, but we as a region are diverse and strong, and should not be crippled by one particular part of the year.

I encourage you all to expect more from your candidates this election and perhaps even consider to seek office yourself.

Signing off tonight I am HEM Tiberius. God Bless you and the South Pacific.

Good night."

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu9J_rSUB54[/flash]

Back