Statement on Olde Delaware

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
All —

Olde Delaware will be banned from Europeia’s discord server for a period of three months. He will be permitted to participate on the forums, the Minecraft server, and the fantasy sports server during this time.

This is a moderation action, not an administrative one. To explain further: One year ago, a transition occurred where the Administrative Team took on oversight and supervision of the Discord moderation team from the elected government. Since that time, we’ve generally allowed the moderation staff to continue business as usual with only nominal intervention from us. However, because a moderator was involved in a key situation leading to this ban, we felt it necessary to adjudicate this situation personally. An administrative action would require a full investigation from the admin team and a determination of a community safety issue, a moderation action on our Discord platform is only related to our Discord moderation policy.

Olde Delaware has repeatedly broken rules 4 and 6 of our Discord moderation policy. Myself, moderators, and other admins have worked over the years to have one-off conversations with him about problematic behavior. But it has not changed significantly enough, so we have taken this action.

Finally, we understand that there was a slight delay between the execution of this ban and the announcement. This is owing to the spiraling events of the United States election. We apologize for the confusion.

s/
Sopo
Associate Administrator for Discord

I had a real long statement written up but I am just gonna say this.

I own it, I am responsible for my own actions and the admins made the right call. Last year, I took almost a month off from Euro and Eurochat for my mental health because I was depending on Euro to be my everything that I was missing in life. As a result, my behavior just went down and down and down. I can't count how many times Sopo or Leth or HEM or Kura would tackle me to tell me to grow up, straighten up, or this would happen.

Leth and I talked and he said that 3 months, a clean break, would probably do me some good and my mental health some good and I am going to take that time and try to grow as a person. So, I will see you all in 3 months or so, and hopefully I will be a better bee when I come back.

Im certain OD will return from this off period and once more become a valued fixture of our discord server. I hope he uses this time productively and comes back well rested and, hopefully, without any more of those Trump emails.

Im certain OD will return from this off period and once more become a valued fixture of our discord server. I hope he uses this time productively and comes back well rested and, hopefully, without any more of those Trump emails.

36 today. 36.

36 today. 36.
My advice? Shut off the internet. Not just you. Everyone. It hasnt helped.

36 today. 36.
My advice? Shut off the internet. Not just you. Everyone. It hasnt helped.
Indeed, technological primitivism is looking pretty good in the era of OANN and QAnon

Reactions: Vor
As a note, Olde Delaware's discord ban will be lifted at midnight on Feb. 3 (less than 12 hours from now), at which point he will be free to return to the server, should he wish.

Last edited:
As a note, Olde Delaware's discord ban will be lifted at midnight on Nov. 3 (less than 12 hours from now), at which point he will be free to return to the server, should he wish.
Let's do the time warp agaaaaaaain

Yes, I meant February.

Back