HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
Hi all,

I held off on making an announcement yesterday because of the "holiday" but want to fill everyone in now on some exciting news.

Europeia was approached several weeks ago by the influencer advertising agency from the Oprah Winfrey Network. Apparently they crawl the internet for sites and platforms with high mentions of the word "oprah" and, well, our "supreme oprah" program turned out to be good for something.

After providing them user survey data that showed and overwhelming affinity and interest for Oprah, we've signed a 3 month sponsorship deal that includes banner ads, radio (aka "podcast") promos, and some special high impact activations around key dates (forum welcome ad, discord takeover, ad placements on the telegram helper etc.)

The revenue from this program will be invested right back into our community to cover the high costs of running everything, and also used to establish a legal defense fund for the board administrators.

Onward!
- HEM

when will the what's new page be fixed
going forward, that will be a premium feature for euro+ subscribers -- more to come there.
Ummm, what? I still need my stipend and the beta roll-out started this AM means I am having a really hard time getting admin panel access.

going forward, that will be a premium feature for euro+ subscribers -- more to come there.
Ummm, what? I still need my stipend and the beta roll-out started this AM means I am having a really hard time getting admin panel access.
Everything is going to Europeia, not individual admins — greedy sob lmao

Does Euro+ give me extra votes in elections?

I find this all rather dubious in nature.
Hang on, need to call my Nigerian Princess to see if she knows anything about this as she is a big Oprah fan.

Everything is going to Europeia, not individual admins — greedy sob lmao
Then why are you paying Sopo??? This was in part my idea! I've been complaining for months about wanting some sort of stipend for my work here!

Unfortunately representatives from the Oprah Winfrey Network agency saw that people were not enthusiastic about the sponsorship and accused us of misleading them about the nature of our community and yanked the deal. Shame on everyone :(

Unfortunately representatives from the Oprah Winfrey Network agency saw that people were not enthusiastic about the sponsorship and accused us of misleading them about the nature of our community and yanked the deal. Shame on everyone :(
HEMlizabeth Holmes

What did you do with what little revenue was made?

Shame?
What is that?

Back