Split Era Leaders Battle Bracket

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
After 48 hours of polling, I am now prepared to present my fun project! A first of its kind historical adventure that I am calling "the battle bracket."
Split Era Bracket Round 1.jpg

Here before you is a seeded bracket of all fourteen split era leaders, containing both First Ministers and Chiefs of State. The seeding was determined by the satisfaction polling conducted over the past two days, with the highest net satisfaction earning the highest seed, and the lowest receiving the lowest. To keep things fair for the older leaders I only took the percentage of respondents who had been around for the leader, so nobody actually got to use all twenty-five responses. Shoutout to whoever took the poll despite not being around for literally anybody's term.

I'm sure you all want to see those numbers, so here they are:
Satisfaction Table.jpg
A few notes: the numbers in parenthesis are the percentages I used to calculate the net satisfaction and the "real total" used, as I'm sure you figured out, is the number of overall responses minus the "wasn't around" responses. Malashaan and McEntire actually ended up with exactly the same results, so I made Malashaan the higher seed because he had the longer term, and I'm inclined to give him the slight edge over McEntire.

And here is the fun part! I will have 24 hour polls every day until we determine a winner and crown the best Split Era Leader! The top two seeds have received a first round bye, meaning they will not compete this time, but the other twelve are on the chopping block. Vote for your favorite in each match-up because the loser will be eliminated and won't move on to the next round. I hope this will be a fun little game we can play to engage with our history, and if this gets a good response I may do this for more things in the future. If we do more historical versions I will probably provide a little more context in the form of an introductory article for all the options so people don't just rely on memories, but since this is all recent history I thought it would be a good place to start.

Take the round one poll here, and until next time this is Calvin Coolidge, ready to battle!

Kinda neat, I feel bad for Rand though.

After 24 hours and 18 responses, we now have the results of Round One! Here is your updated bracket:
Split Era Bracket Round 2.jpg

Most match-ups went as predicted, with only one upset so far. Here's how the votes broke down for everyone, winners in bold.

Calvin Coolidge - 11, Dax -7
Istillian - 16, Sopo - 2
Pichtonia (CoS) - 12, Maowi - 6
McEntire - 7, HEM - 11
Prim - 15
, Rand - 3
Malashaan - 11, Lloenflys -7

A few close match-ups along with a few blow-outs sets up our next round for some interesting battles. Will HEM continue his Cinderella run as he faces up against Kuramia, entering the fray after a round one bye? Will both Pichtonias advance to the semi-finals? How far will your favorite go? You decide what happens next! Take the round two poll here and let your voices be heard! See you in 24 hours with more results.

wow, no CoS has lost yet.

also, f u Ist

wow sopo got killed

Pichto (FM) may be going up against Pichto (CoS).... I wonder who will win. :p

I'm ready for the next tier results.

Round Two is now in the books! Here is your bracket for the semi-finals:
Split Era Bracket Round 3.jpg

A few upsets this time around! Here are the results, with the winners in bold:

Pichtonia (FM) - 12, Calvin Coolidge - 5
Istillian - 14, Pichtonia (CoS) - 3
Kuramia - 5, HEM - 12
Prim - 7, Malashaan - 10

The number one seed moves on as expected, but Pichtonia will not be facing Pichtonia as Istillian stomps out Chief of State Pichtonia to advance to the semi-finals. Meanwhile on the other side of the bracket we got two upsets! HEM continues to inspire us all beating the number two seed Kuramia as the ten seed, punching his ticket to the semi-finals, while Malashaan pulls off a similarly impressive upset over the third seed Prim in a tight contest.

Now we have two incredibly popular First Ministers battling on one side of the bracket while two underdog Chiefs of State battle on the other side. We're setting ourselves up for a classic Finals, you can bet on it!

Vote for your favorites! You have 24 hours to make your choices.

Ah I knew hem would win that lol

The finals are here!
Split Era Bracket Round 4.jpg

Our First Minister vs. Chief of State showdown is set! Here are the results from the last round, with the winners in bold:

Pichtonia (FM) - 6, Istillian - 10
Malashaan - 10
, HEM - 6

We maintain our record of at least one upset in every round as the fourth seed Istillian knocks out the top seed Pichtonia, while HEM's mythic run comes to an end one round short of the finals as Malashaan advances his own underdog run.

One day stands between this region and determining once and for the elite of the elite, the cream of the crop, the best leader from the Split Era! Vote now! You only have one more decision to make, so choose wisely!

Not surprisingly Istiliian got to the finals, and he's not unworthy, but Pichtonia is the only answer for best First Minister.

And we have a winner!
Split Era Bracket Round 5.jpg

The final vote:
Istillian - 14, Malashaan - 4

After a long journey, Istillian has been crowned the Best Split Era Leader! He defeated many great executives on his path to the championship, including the top seeded contender, but none were able to match him. Congratulations @Istillian!

If you have suggestions for other battle brackets, let me know here, and we may get to them in the future!

i think i went about as far as I deserved.

Back