Associate Justice
Cabinet
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Discord Moderator
Best Tech Admin
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd like to see the Spam Zone given a bit of a facelift. Can we rename it to 'Spam Games' and pull it out of the Culture Hub into it's own front page forum in the Red Light District?

We have a problem with the Cultural Hub in that it is too easy to ignore. The constant 'unread' state of the Culture Hub (due to the proliferation of posts in the Spam Zone) causes those on the forum to filter out that bit of color in their display. It's just filtered out, like anything else our brains consider clutter... and so the Culture Hub goes on, unloved. I'd love our Culture Hub to be both easy to find, and difficult to ignore.

So do you want the Culture Hub or Spam Zone on the main page? I'm loathe towards either option, considering we went back and forth for months about keeping these things on or off the main page and finally settled on *something* that has held up so far :p

Lethen said:
So do you want the Culture Hub or Spam Zone on the main page? I'm loathe towards either option, considering we went back and forth for months about keeping these things on or off the main page and finally settled on *something* that has held up so far :p
What I want is BOTH. I want the Spam Zone (Spam Games) to be on the front page so that it's constant activity isn't mistaken for activity elsewhere, AND I want the Culture Hub on the front page, because I want people to pay attention to it.

Since the admins are obsessive about keeping the number of front page forums down, we could put political parties under another forum. I'd say the Oval Room or a new forum called "Party District" (sounds fun!) or something. That'll balance it out.

I agree with Spam Zone being front page though.

Rand said:
Since the admins are obsessive about keeping the number of front page forums down, we could put political parties under another forum. I'd say the Oval Room or a new forum called "Party District" (sounds fun!) or something. That'll balance it out.

I agree with Spam Zone being front page though.
You think this is just an admin thing? :emb: The primary reason we've reworked the front page on and off for at least two years is because of feedback received near-regularly about our main page being too large and cumbersome for newcomers.

Back