Some Kind of Update

There's been a lot of Senate activity. We could talk about:

Swak's ovation
Reform committee
The extended debate about the world assembly act

if Swak were more well known outside of Euro, I'd say let's include it to get people to show for it, but I'm not sure that he is. We could include Summerfest. I think Political Parties would be a great thing to include. People might show up more for that.

Alright so Elias writes up Senate stuff. I'll PM Drex and see if he wants to do a writeup for Summefest in Matt's place.

Senate Activity Booming

After a few terms of relatively mundane Senates, the newly-elected Senators have been bristling with activity this term, spurned partially by activity in the Citizens' Assembly, who has been passing bills up to the Senate. Among the laws being passed are amendments to the Citizens' Assembly Act, and Political Parties Act, as well as an Ovation for Swakistek, a long-time administrator and government official in Europeia. An Ovation, as described in the Awards and Honors Act, is as follows:
An Ovation shall be the highest honour awarded to any citizen for civilian service to the Republic. It may be awarded for highly-distinguished service or a particularly grand service to the State, or for other civilian service within the discretion of the President and Senate.
Swakitek's Ovation passed through the five-member Senate unanimously, and was then presented by President Cerian Quilor.
I would like to include a tidbit on the end about Swak being one of X number of recipients of an Ovation, but I can't find a solid number anywhere and don't have time to rummage through Goldenblock to find it.

Hi I hope I am not too late to propose a certain subject. Since the University is reforming (I am really close in this debate, since I am a professor of the newly reformed school "shaw courses"), it might be a good idea to report about the updates?

Post it here and write as long as you want. If it turns out to long it can still be edited down.

Drex said to give him a few days for the Summerfest Article. I'm still waiting on him as well.

Back