Smokin' Poll

Constie said:
Cerian Quilor said:
Constie said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
The taste of bitterness fills the air in this thread. Half of a Presidential term being remembered for a few weeks of inactivity is hardly the worst thing this region has seen from a President, despite your embellishments. I've been on the other side of this coin, after I lost to Sopo in 2015, then he was inactive the entire term. Don't you think I had a lot of those same smug thoughts that the region was wrong after all, and I should have won? But the reality is that nobody knows what would have happened if real life hadn't stepped in. I don't think any less of Sopo or his voters for his term because I know he honestly wanted the best for the region when he ran for President, and felt awful about how things turned out. So yeah, twist that knife with your commentary now, but remember nobody has a crystal ball, and we're all on the same team.
I think being smug and bitter are normal reactions.

Don't you think Hillary Clinton is being smug and bitter right now?

And I think I'd be more smug too if my opponent had those approval ratings too.
Let's have a little taste and not compare Calvin to Trump, please?
I'm not seeking to compare Trump's personality to Calvin, merely the circumstances involved.
But Calvin won the popular vote. :ph43r:

Calvin Coolidge said:
The taste of bitterness fills the air in this thread. Half of a Presidential term being remembered for a few weeks of inactivity is hardly the worst thing this region has seen from a President, despite your embellishments. I've been on the other side of this coin, after I lost to Sopo in 2015, then he was inactive the entire term. Don't you think I had a lot of those same smug thoughts that the region was wrong after all, and I should have won? But the reality is that nobody knows what would have happened if real life hadn't stepped in. I don't think any less of Sopo or his voters for his term because I know he honestly wanted the best for the region when he ran for President, and felt awful about how things turned out. So yeah, twist that knife with your commentary now, but remember nobody has a crystal ball, and we're all on the same team.
Look I get where you're coming from, but the utter lack of any sort of apology along with a very clear misunderstanding of how to assess your own failings really makes me feel much less sympathetic (or empathetic, considering how you assess some of my self-described failings).

HEM said:
We don't remember many Presidents as bad, because it's really hard to meet that test. But it also means that a lot of Presidents who would otherwise be remembered as unremarkable get tagged as "bad" because of some "big" event. For instance, I publicly dragged Seven Deaths in the Grand Hall the other day as a bad President, but his Presidency was marred by a forum outrage that lasted three days (and we subsequently lost a few hundred posts).
I also think that a major part of how a President is remembered(when they're bad), is how they handle it. When confronted with my actions, I apologized and I made moves to end my term on as strong a note as I could muster. I also hold no illusions that my term was anything other then bad. So, I think in order to avoid forever being labeled as bad, you gotta own your shit, because no one else will let you forget it.

Interesting. I never rule out running, but usually a combination of things going on in my RL, acceptable/good candidates already running, and other projects or positions keep me from actually standing. But rest assured that #DrecqWatch will one day actually see me stand and run. Not likely this election, in part because I want to see what Darc can do with a full term and as an actual elected President, but eventually.

Drecq said:
Interesting. I never rule out running, but usually a combination of things going on in my RL, acceptable/good candidates already running, and other projects or positions keep me from actually standing. But rest assured that #DrecqWatch will one day actually see me stand and run. Not likely this election, in part because I want to see what Darc can do with a full term and as an actual elected President, but eventually.
I look forward to the #Drecqtatorship

Mousebumples said:
Drecq said:
I look forward to the #Drecqtatorship
Seconded.

Back