Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Copy of All Eyes.png

Over a period of 28 hours, 29 Europeians were polled on their views regarding the Senate elections taking place 17 days from now. It is important to note that these responses were being gathered before and during today's contentious discussion following First Minister Rand's inaugural address. Whether or not a larger awareness of a growing rift between the executive and legislative branches of government would have affected these results and how is uncertain at this time. Let's get to the results.

How satisfied are you with the performance of the Senate as a whole?

Very Satisfied - 37.9%
Somewhat Satisfied - 37.9%
Unsure - 6.9%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 10.3%
Very Unsatisfied - 6.9%

75.8% of those polled expressed some level of satisfaction with the Senate as a whole. That's impressive on it's own but the fact that a full half of those respondents described themselves as "very satisfied" really put an exclamation point on it. Expect incumbency to be an advantage in the upcoming elections.

How satisfied are you with the performance of former Speaker HEM?

Very Satisfied - 34.5%
Somewhat Satisfied - 41.4%
Unsure - 6.9%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 13.8%
Very Unsatisfied - 3.4%

Describing himself as "tired" upon the completion of the Executive Split, HEM stepped away from his role as Speaker. This doesn't appear to have had a significantly adverse impact on his wide-ranging support in the region. He enjoys overall approval of 75.9% which is tied for first among his colleagues as well as reasonably strong net approval.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Speaker Aexnidaral?

Very Satisfied - 44.8%
Somewhat Satisfied - 27.6%
Unsure - 20.7%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 6.9%
Very Unsatisfied - 0%

A few more respondents are unsure about the new Speaker than they are about his predecessor but he has the second highest amount of respondents indicating they are "very satisfied" with his performance which suggests a stalwart base of support he can continue to count on should he seek re-election.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Lloenflys?

Very Satisfied - 34.5%
Somewhat Satisfied - 41.4%
Unsure - 20.7%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 3.4%
Very Unsatisfied - 0%

Senator Lloenflys enjoys the highest net approval of any sitting senator. Only one person polled indicated any level of dissatisfaction with his term in office thus far. His thoughtful, articulate manner and propensity for diving in on any issue will, no doubt, be rewarded mightily on election day. Bold prediction from this humble correspondent: Lloen will be the top vote-getter, assuming he runs.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Kari?

Very Satisfied - 37.9%
Somewhat Satisfied - 24.1%
Unsure - 6.9%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 13.8%
Very Unsatisfied - 17.2%

Senator Kari is presented as more polarizing than her peers by our results. An overall approval/disapproval of 62/31 puts her significantly behind most of her colleagues but by no means do these numbers suggest that she wouldn't be able to launch a formidable re-election effort, only that it won't be a cake walk.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Prim?

Very Satisfied - 48.3%
Somewhat Satisfied - 27.6%
Unsure - 13.8%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 3.4%
Very Unsatisfied - 6.9%

Senator Prim, also tied for first in overall job approval, finds himself in a very strong position. You'll also note he tops the list for "very satisfied" responses. Prim is a lock for re-election.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator United Vietussia?

Very Satisfied - 17.2%
Somewhat Satisfied - 17.2%
Unsure - 13.8%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 27.6%
Very Unsatisfied - 24.1%

A lot of people save the best for last. Not so this time around. UV is the only senator whose numbers are underwater. Additionally, only 17.2% of respondents would encourage him to run again.

How satisfied are you with the outcome of the Executive Split so far?

Very Satisfied - 31%
Somewhat Satisfied - 34.5%
Unsure - 20.7%
Somewhat Unsatisfied - 6.9%
Very Unsatisfied - 6.9%

Not a lot of surprises here, though as alluded to at the top of these results, this is one of the questions that have a higher likelihood of being impacted by EmploymentGate. But maybe not. We'll continue including this question in all future polls to find out.

If you could only choose one option, what is most important to you when considering a candidate for Senate?

Activity - 37.9% (Second choice - 37.9%)
Record - 37.9% (Second choice - 20.7%)
Platform Thread - 24.1% (Second choice: 41.4%)

Again, not a lot of surprises, which makes for dull commentary. Senate platforms are historically quite dull and more focused on the candidate themselves than their policy prerogatives. First and foremost, folks are looking for proven leaders who have demonstrated solid activity.

How many members should the next Senate have?

7 members - 37.9%
6 members - 27.6%
5 members - 10.3%
8-9 members - 3.4%
10 members - 3.4%
Non-quantitative responses: 17%

Which individual(s) would you encourage to run for Senate in the upcoming election?

65.5% (1).png
65.5% (2).png
65.5% (3).png
65.5% (4).png

Incumbent Senators Aexnidaral, Lloenflys, & Prim all enjoy an overall job performance rating of over 72%. A majority of Europeians agree that they should return next term to build on their successes. Rounding out our top tier is 11-time former Senator and 2-time Speaker CSP though we expect his support is a tad on the soft side.​

65.5% (5).png
65.5% (6).png
65.5% (7).png
65.5% (8).png

65.5% (9).png
65.5% (10).png
65.5% (11).png

Our second tier is led by incumbent Senator Kari and Minister of Radio Pichtonia. They are closely followed by Izzy, fresh off his competitive but unsuccessful campaign for First Minister and newly resurgent Minister of Communications Vinage. Middling enthusiasm for another HEM term despite his strong job approval numbers suggest that voters are unsure of just how tired he is. He is joined at 41.4% by Citizen Assembly regulars Whitmark and Chair Winged Bear.​

65.5% (12).png
65.5% (13).png
65.5% (14).png
65.5% (15).png

65.5% (16).png
65.5% (17).png
65.5% (18).png

We don't know how likely it is that any of these potential candidates ultimately take the plunge but any credible dark horse campaign will likely come from their number.​

This polling and subsequent analysis does not seek to disqualify any potential candidates, included or not. I used my own personal judgement and included anyone I viewed to be a serious candidate based on a number of factors. Also, I'm too tired to proofread any of this so...enjoy the typos.

Attachments

• 65.5%.png
    65.5%.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 135
Wonderful analysis, CSP! I hope to see you run for Senate! :p

Great work presenting the results! Love all the pictures.

Very interesting.

I really like how you did this. Nice headline graphic too!

Oh I do like the graphics in this, well done CSP this is a great read!

I do wonder how the thread on the First Minister's opening platform might have adjusted these numbers. I did do mine beforehand and, well, if I was to do so now my results would likely be different.

Back