Skin updates and requests

Header looks great, and I seem to be in the same boat as PASD, the whole forum seems less bright white than it was, which makes it a lot easier on the eyes (or maybe we've just adjusted to it)

I enjoy the Tester version (the dark background) The original alternate skin was too plain for me.

EDIT: Although, I wish it was a bit narrower.

EDIT v1.2: I don't know whether it's intentional that the tester version still has - whatever you call the images that contain the forum section titles - that were on the original forum. I'd like to at least see what it looks like with thte new ones.

I personally like having the information in the header visible without a mouse-over, but it's not a big issue for me if you want to move to having the house over function in all the skins.

Aesthetically, I can't see anything specific wrong with the new skins, but I haven't adjusted to the extra width - it just looks and feels wrong to me at the moment.

I really like the drop-down feature. Much less clutter at the top of the site.

Keep the improvements coming, r3n - I really like the product thus far.

Vinage said:
Don't bother with the Motto?

Only gives some numpties something to rant about :p
That's my inclination currently. It is certainly not very high in my TODO list anyway :p .

Peaceful Llamas said:
I enjoy the Tester version (the dark background) The original alternate skin was too plain for me.

EDIT: Although, I wish it was a bit narrower.

EDIT v1.2: I don't know whether it's intentional that the tester version still has - whatever you call the images that contain the forum section titles - that were on the original forum. I'd like to at least see what it looks like with thte new ones.
PL, the "Euro Tester" version is meant to be identical to the old skin, except for the incorporation of the new header. The large width was accidental, I had forgotten to restore the old width value. Please check now and let me know what you think.

As you your suggestion, I had experimented with having the flags in the section headers of the new skin in the original stages of its development. I ultimately decided against it: it did not necessarily look bad, but I found it distracting, especially given that my target was simplicity. Instead, I added the curved corners.

Any more opinions on the new header-old skin combination from users of the old skin? Currently I only have PL and Mal, and the vote is split :p .

As per usual, I'm behind all these changes 100% R3n.

I like the cleanliness of the new header, and I like the new skin. I didn't at first, but now it looks much cleaner and nicer than the old one.

*faints* We've won Swak over.

I seem to have lost the ability to copy directly from posts for some reason...not sure if it's an issue with the skin. I can do it fine on other sites, so it's not me.

I went ahead with the header change in the classic scene, as there appeared to be somewhat broader support (as far as I could tell from the responses anyway) for it.

Elias said:
I seem to have lost the ability to copy directly from posts for some reason...not sure if it's an issue with the skin. I can do it fine on other sites, so it's not me.
By "copy directly" you mean: highlight text, and press Ctrl+C/right click and select copy? If yes, then it doesn't happen to me, under any machine or browser.

Does the issue persist if you switch to the classic skin?

Highlight, Command+C. But it seems to be working now (both skins), so maybe it was just being funky earlier.

The skin did not become standard, only the header. Both Euro classic (old skin) and Euro bright (new skin) are available, and Euro classic is still the default.

My long-term plan is to have the following set of skins:
Euro classic
Euro bright
Euro dark (a variation of the new skin, with the same general design but with white text on dark/black background colors)
Euro mobile (a bare minimum skin, for mobile browsing)

Users then will be able to select whichever of the four they prefer.

r3naissanc3r said:
The skin did not become standard, only the header. Both Euro classic (old skin) and Euro bright (new skin) are available, and Euro classic is still the default.

My long-term plan is to have the following set of skins:
Euro classic
Euro bright
Euro dark (a variation of the new skin, with the same general design but with white text on dark/black background colors)
Euro mobile (a bare minimum skin, for mobile browsing)

Users then will be able to select whichever of the four they prefer.

I like the new skin, but it's wider on my screen so I'm using the old for easier reading.

Back