September Senate Satisfaction and Candidate Popularly Poll Analysis and Results

Senate Satisfaction and Candidate Popularity Poll Analysis September 2019
The Old and the New

Written by Dax and Prim

The Senate
Section written by Prim

The big takeaway from the Senate approval as a whole is that this has been a relatively successful term. Despite some hiccups, the citizens approve of the Senate with 72.4 percent satisfied. The majority of the support is muted however, with only 13.8 percent of respondents selecting "very satisfied," which could point to some of the problems that dragged on the Senate this term. The absence of Senator UnitedPeoplesofCentrism (UPC) and the political hot potato surrounding his removal may have been weighing on citizens' minds as a possible sore point. But the results speak for themselves; the Senate did show some remarkable haste when certain issues arose and they were able to get them resolved efficiently. Some comments make note of lulls in discussion times, though the discussion tended to be very substantive and effective at preparing bills for vote and resolving issues. Some notable significant accomplishments included the City Council Omnibus Act, which was debated thoroughly and ultimately passed through the Senate, as well as Resolution 002: Legislative Style Guide, which urges an overhaul of the formatting of future legislation. Overall, the remaining active senators have a lot to show for their past 90 days.

Not enough fighting

slow response times. very sporadic discussions

I don't really know what it's doing

A few bad eggs, but the active ones have done a great job picking up the slack and helping smooth out the ongoing transition to our new system.

The satisfaction ratings for GraVandius (GraV) as both senator and speaker are both in line with approval for the Senate as a whole, with his satisfaction as speaker at 72.4 percent and his satisfaction as a senator at 75.9 percent. Both questions show that GraV has strong support from the electorate. His satisfaction as speaker seems to bring out stronger views, increasing both the "very satisfied" responses but also increasing the number of dissatisfied responses to 17.2 percent. This may point to some issues that arose during the term, such as the activity lull from Rand earlier in the term, leading to a recall petition (ultimately unsuccessful), as well as the long period of absence from Senator UPC that resulted in another recall petition (ultimately successful). Though it hasn't moved the numbers a great amount, it may point to citizens taking note of senator absences and wanting a little more accountability and responsiveness from the speaker on these issues. Despite this, GraV has significant approval from citizens and his approval was the highest among the senators.

disappeared quite a bit during this term

GraVandius only seeks political office for his huge ego. He has done nothing this year as Deputy First Minister, which he was terrible and inactive, and as Senator. People forgot how inactive and lazy he was a Deputy First Minister and worst, nobody asked for his resignation. He takes too long to open votes and he is generally not as active as a Speaker of the Senate. I don't understand the guy, he just keep posting LoA and he is back within a week to seek political office.

He kept the trains running and has definitely come into his own as Speaker

Senator Rand comes in just under GraVandius with 72.4 percent satisfaction from respondents. However, with his percentage of "very satisfied" responses at 34.5 percent, Rand clearly has struck a chord with citizens this term. Though a petition to recall the senator passed earlier in the term, Rand returned, explained his situation, and promised a strong comeback to the term. The citizens retained him as a senator and Rand delivered on his promise. Frequently contributing solid and incisive comments on discussions as well as original legislation and even crafting the Legislative Style Guide, Rand's term in the Senate has been a highlight. The approval ratings from citizens reflect the same sentiment. With Rand seeking re-election in the coming term, these results are definitely reassuring for him.

frequently disappeared and would come back when most discussions were wrapping up to bring up some big issues and then slowed things down by disappearing for a while

Freshman Senator DictatorAnna10 (Dax), while coming in last in the overall satisfaction ratings, should have few concerns with these results. Achieving 65.5 percent satisfaction ratings, Dax's first term as a senator can definitely be seen as a success. Consistently contributing to discussions, quickly voting on bills as they arise, and even proposing original legislation, Dax has shown that, while elected in a non-competitive general election, she has what it takes to be a senator. The main factor weighing down the approval numbers is likely the significant number of neutral votes that Dax received, which may indicate that voters would want to see more from Dax in the future. These numbers will help boost her standing should Dax decide to run for Senate again.

for first time wasn't too bad

I don't think she's done anything

Senator Astrellan also had a notable term, receiving 68.9 percent satisfaction ratings from citizens, very close to the overall Senate satisfaction. Astrellan has had a strong rise in Europeia with multiple elections to the Senate and advancement into the deputy first minister office. The satisfaction numbers show that the citizens are still supportive of Astrellan and his Senate term has much to show for that support. One of the most active senators during the term, Astrellan was also able to get discussions back on track and moving efficiently. While several comments seem to point out some negatives, those sentiments don't seem to be reflected in the satisfaction numbers. Astrellan can feel rather accomplished with these approval numbers.

did surprisingly well

Astrellan is a fake rising star. He has failed to address the issues(not as active and productive as Writinglegend and other real stars). Everyone seem to love him but I don't, he does nothing for Euro! He's all talk, no action. Where are his accomplishments? He might be popular, but that's not convincing me of what he is really contributing to the region other than chatting and making friends.

I'm not sure he's done anything

#DitchAstrellan

Candidate Popularity
Section written by Dax
Considering this poll was released prior to the announcement of some candidates standing, some are not included in the results below.

Picture does not include Astrellan in dark red, Snowball in dark blue, and Undecided in dark purple.

Many have shown support for both Vice Chancellor Drecq, and Malashaan, who has made a recent return to Europeian politics. However, interestingly enough, the two are tied for many’s first choice at 27.6 percent each. This can likely be credited to their encyclopedic legal knowledge and extensive experience in the Senate. Close behind the two at 20.7 percent is former first minister and current justice Lloenflys, who has expressed his love for the Senate many times before and excelled in his two terms therein. We also see support for candidates such as Darcness, Whitmark, Rand, cuddles, and Snowball.

Picture does not include Astrellan in dark red, Snowball in dark blue, and Undecided in dark purple.

Once again we see Malashaan and Drecq taking the lead, particularly the former. There had been speculation that a combination of long-standing citizens sure of the pair's election using their votes elsewhere, and newer citizens less aware of their past success, would actually result in a low share of votes going towards them - but these outstanding poll results suggest otherwise. As well as the two, we see candidates like Lloenflys, Whitmark, Darcness, and Rand retaining support.

Here we see that things start to even out. Rand takes the lead here with 24.1 percent. Despite his disappearance during the current term, it seems that several people wish to see his return to the Senate for a third consecutive term, perhaps due to his focused and committed return to activity upon his reappearance. Darcness and Drecq are tied in this section with 20.7 percent, followed by Malashaan at 13.8 percent and Lloenflys at 10.3 percent. We also see Deputy First Minister and current Senator Astrellan joining in as well as Whitmark who is remaining on the chart.

Darcness takes up the lead with people’s fourth choice at 31 percent, displaying consistent support across the choices and a good chance at election - hardly surprising given his legal experience, having recently served as attorney general. Lloenflys comes up behind Darcness with 20.7 percent. Mal and Drecq remain on the board although with smaller percentages. Incumbent Senators Rand and Astrellan remained on the chart along with Whitmark. Snowball and cuddlebuns made a return along with JayDee joining in with one vote each.

For the final choice provided, Darcness remained at 31 percent followed by Lloenflys who also remained at his prior percentage of 20.7. Whitmark and Astrellan come up tied at 10.3 percent. JayDee, Snowball, Rand, and Malashaan come up with one vote each right behind cuddles with two votes. Additionally two respondents stated that they didn't know who would be their fifth choice.

Can i go home yet?

great choices this term. glad people are stepping up. glad to see Mal and Drecq back in the saddle

Very glad to see so many people standing for Senate; making the decision who to vote for will require more thought than it's required in a while

Cry? That's a bit much. But it does frustrate me that someone who is active enough to know of "real stars" and have some incisive commentary would rather hide behind anonymous comments than speak their mind openly.
Hey man, its not my fault im naturally too emotional. I just really deeply care about everyones well being. How you doing lethen?

Empathy is a great thing, but tying your own emotional well-being to the outcome for everyone else around you is a recipe for bad times. Empathize with them, but keep well grounded in your own health first and foremost.

GraV and Astrellan will survive the mean anonymous words, I'm sure.

Empathy is a great thing, but tying your own emotional well-being to the outcome for everyone else around you is a recipe for bad times. Empathize with them, but keep well grounded in your own health first and foremost.

this is pretty much why I never came back to full activity after 2018, I got too wrapped up in ns to the point where it was legitimately affecting my health

this is pretty much why I never came back to full activity after 2018, I got too wrapped up in ns to the point where it was legitimately affecting my health
It seems a common trend, I felt it after a few months in Euro and some other regions, which is why I left for a little.

Cry? That's a bit much. But it does frustrate me that someone who is active enough to know of "real stars" and have some incisive commentary would rather hide behind anonymous comments than speak their mind openly.
Yea, my feelings aren't hurt and it's not like keeping me up at night, it's just kinda weird for someone to have such strong opinions about a good portion of our elected leaders and only express them in the anonymous comments section of polls. Tbh, I might put money down on a person who could be our commenter here, since they obviously have to have been around long enough to remember Gleg being a star and perhaps have an ax to grind with myself over being in the DFM position.
I have some guesses but perhaps you should spill this tea in my DMs

Back