Senate Repeals Arnhelm Declaration in Light of Frontier Transition

Senate Repeals Arnhelm Declaration in Light of Frontier Transition
The New Recruitment Era

Written by @Vor, Edited by @Pland Adanna

Arnhelm, Europeia - This past Tuesday morning the Senate unanimously voted to repeal the Arnhelm Declaration of Recruitment Standards, at the prompting of a request which President Rand announced earlier this week.

This change was in Europeia's sights for quite a while, as exhibited by the comments in Europeia's gameside embassy thread after the F/S Era Recruitment announcement made together with The League, The Grey Wardens, and 10000 Islands. Vice President Writinglegend indicated there that "Europeia is aware that Arnhelm will be outdated in a Frontier/Stronghold world and we are actively considering strategies to revisit the document for modernization".

The declaration served as an agreement between the 47 user-created region signatories, among which Europeia, to not recruit from each others' regions. Constraining Europeian recruitment since early 2013, this repeal marks yet another historic change enacted in light of the now launched Frontier/Stronghold update. President Rand stated in his announcement that "the Declaration played a central role in the stability and prosperity of User-Created Regions", and that in light of the current update, Europeia will pursue "both formal bilateral recruitment understandings with friends and allies - as is current practice in our treaties - and [engage] in trust building with friendly communities regarding recruiting practices".

The incredible contribution of UPC's recruitment bot has already brought a significant boost to Europeian recruitment, displaying upwards of 1.5k telegrams being sent per day, which previously would have been around a 300-600 range when comparing the performance with the previous recruitment helper tool. The coinciding of this boost with Europeia's Frontier transition, which is set to happen on May 1, could result in a significant growth of the Europeian gameside community, which has sharply declined to 672 nations, the lowest in years.

While these rapid changes make the future hard to predict, recruitment and the resulting political relations between regions will likely be an important predictor in the success of new Frontiers, as they seek to expand their communities while maintaining their security.

Thank you for the article, Vor. We don't often cover recruitment, but if there was ever a time!

Reactions: Vor
Great, timely coverage of yet another historic moment!

Reactions: Vor
I haven't been paying attention to the rolling out of UPC's recruitment bot, and I am thrilled to read that it is working so well. It also makes me feel fondly about this article because this is an example not just of the EBC rehashing something that happened (which is worthwhile in and of itself as a historical record of events) but also of bringing actual journalistic *news* content that a lot of people could easily miss. This is a relatively short article, but its incredibly timely, interesting, and "newsy". Great work again, continuing what has been a very, very solid start to the term for the EBC.

I haven't been paying attention to the rolling out of UPC's recruitment bot, and I am thrilled to read that it is working so well. It also makes me feel fondly about this article because this is an example not just of the EBC rehashing something that happened (which is worthwhile in and of itself as a historical record of events) but also of bringing actual journalistic *news* content that a lot of people could easily miss. This is a relatively short article, but its incredibly timely, interesting, and "newsy". Great work again, continuing what has been a very, very solid start to the term for the EBC.
We are planning a major announcement one the tool is fully functional, but we are still ironing out some kinks. At this point, we consider it in "beta testing." But yes, it is an awesome tool, and we have recruited over 80% of new spawns on several days now!

We are planning a major announcement one the tool is fully functional, but we are still ironing out some kinks. At this point, we consider it in "beta testing." But yes, it is an awesome tool, and we have recruited over 80% of new spawns on several days now!
Which means this wasn't just news but ***BREAKING NEWS*** and ***EXCELLENT JOURNALISM*** - great job, @Vor, for asking the right questions and thinking the right thoughts when putting together the article, and @Pland Adanna for somehow getting Vor to do real work ;)

Back