Senate Election Flash Poll Results

The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a poll on 25 and 26 August regarding the upcoming General election. These are the results:

42323EE4-6F67-467E-941D-BA52E2A7D8EA.jpeg
CADFF68C-2B42-4763-ACA2-3D54680824D2.jpeg
Pichto
Lethen, Lloen, SEC, Maowi
Maowi, Ervald, Lethen
Drecq, Lethen, Maowi
Sopo
SkyGreen24
Drecq, Lloen
I'm pleasantly surprised by the current candidates.
Don't like how Lime is seemingly abusing his position as Minister of Communications by releasing multiple election polls to gauge where he stands before voting day. Unprofessional. It seems like a trend, conducting "oversight" right before the term ends (even acknowledging that it comes at a weird time), running an end of term satisfaction poll, and now a flash election poll. Maybe I'm being skeptical and he really has good intentions, but this should have been done through private media, or he should have allowed someone else to take the lead on this (I'm assuming this was him due to the lime header), not using his official position as Minister of Communications. At it's best, this is just an unintentional conflict of interest, and at worst, he's abusing an official government position for his own benefit.
Hope to see a lot of these candidates elected -- I also hope to see Darkslayer elected and to serve as Speaker. He's a great candidate and seems like he would do a good job. As istillian noted in his platform, he's a natural protege of Lloenflys.
Run, y’all!
Note: At the time of the poll's conduction there were 9 candidates; however, GraVandius has since dropped out from the race.

Last edited:
Who is the person below Istillian?

CSP? Seems likely.

That comment concerning Lime, while I've said part of it publicly (the part about the oversight being timed well for a Senate run), I have to ask what the Comms Minister is supposed to do when people want a poll like this and private media doesn't step up to take it on? You provide an issue/problem, but no solution for what Lime could have done differently to shift this perception.

I'm not Senator Lime's #1 fan but why are we taking literally everything out on him? It's getting kinda' ridiculous.

Also...could you...not see that the image was going to exclude a candidate before you posted this or...? Kind of a bummer.

Fixed the images.

I'm not Senator Lime's #1 fan but why are we taking literally everything out on him? It's getting kinda' ridiculous.

Also...could you...not see that the image was going to exclude a candidate before you posted this or...? Kind of a bummer.
It just... slipped past us. Sorry CSP.

Yep that is a confusing comment to me. Anyway.

I think the closeness of those totals when people were allowed to pick as many as they wanted is a testament to the quality of this field. Imma have a really hard time picking who to vote for tomorrow.

I think the closeness of those totals when people were allowed to pick as many as they wanted is a testament to the quality of this field. Imma have a really hard time picking who to vote for tomorrow.
People could only pick 5, actually

Yeah, these results and the previous approval ratings are disappointing. While I wasn't the best Senator, I don't think I was awful and the level of distaste towards my term seems a bit disproportional compared to how my term actually went, in my opinion.

As for the comment regarding myself "abusing my position as MinComm." The EBC always releases an end of term satisfaction poll and I didn't run that poll nor was I involved in the analysis. All I did was ask a Comms staff member to run the poll and then gave the green light to publish. As for the flash poll, I can't force private media to run polls and certainty had any private media run a poll it would have been unlikely that the EBC would have also run a poll. I initially asked Comms staff at large if anyone would be able to run a flash poll but as no one else was able to, I then created and launched this poll. It's my job to ensure that the EBC is releasing content about elections and unfortunately I was the only person able to run this poll. I don't understand how doing my job is abusing my role, or even how running a poll that includes me is abusing my role. Ultimately I am accountable to the President, Vice President, my staff and the public for anything I do in MinComm, would it have been better for me to run a flash poll in EuroWeekly where I was accountable only to myself? And then just finally, I don't understand how having the EBC release any polls to do with the Senate benefits me. First of all - they clearly don't. 😛 Secondly even if I edited the polls to make myself look better, which I think we've already established I can't do, how would that benefit me when those results were disproved? All in all, that comment was just silly and full of a lot of untruths or strange conclusions.

People could only pick 5, actually
(I meant in the one where you pick who you're considering)

Thank you EBC for helping me make my choice today, these polls are important and provide relevant information, so I don't see any reason to complain about Lime.
Also thanks to whoever put me as a person they want to see in the Senate, maybe next election I will try.

Back