Senate Candidate Interview - Olde Delaware

Senate Candidate Interview - Olde Delaware
Interview with Olde Delaware and Forilian

Written by Forilian and JayDee

Forilian: In order to remove all semblances of bias, I have run all the questions that I am going to ask by JayDee, the current Minister of Radio and Senator

Hello OD and thank you for agreeing to do this interview -- we are very glad that you have decided to run in this election and put your voice forward. First, let's start with an easier question: why are you running for election?

Olde Delaware: Hey Fori thanks for having me, great question, I really liked the thought behind Ervald's speech of 'just running. I've been pretty vocal about things lately and I feel like I can do some good by channeling that into something productive while I'm still in the hospital.

Forilian - Glad to hear that! Do you have any experience or skills that you think will help you be a good senator?

Olde Delware - Well I've been Speaker and Senator before so I feel like that will be helpful

Forilian - Got it; now moving on to potentially spicier questions: what is the most important issue (in this election) for you as a candidate?

OldeDelaware - I really don't see any issue as being too terribly pressing or important that needs to be tackled immediately.

Forilian - I see, interesting -- feel free to skip this next one since your platform is already pretty short (this question is mainly to see how candidates can concisely
summarise their ideas) but can you summarise your platform/ideas in two sentences?

Olde Delaware - If I had to sum it up I'd say if you want someone who literally has nothing but time on their hands right now, consider a vote for me.

Forilian - In a senate, how do you think your colleagues would describe your legislative approach?

Olde Delaware - Well I am unfortunately not gifted in drafting legislation but I do chime in with ideas from time to time. I think my colleagues would say I can hold my own in legislative discussions.

Forilian - Noted
And finally, perhaps the most controversial question (for the record, JayDee made me ask this 😛 ): What is your ideal approach to oversight?

Olde Delaware - I think its a vital tool to ensure that things are moving well and that activity is maintained. I think a respectful exchange between the ministry and the Senate is vital and that it should be used before the wheels come off and not after.

Forilian - Amazing, thank you OBee for your prompt responses and again for taking part in this interview! Best of luck in the election 🙂

Nice interview. More informative than his platform. :p Definitely a candidate worth considering.

Back